Congratulations to Coach Finidi George

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Congratulations to Coach Finidi George

Post by truetalk »

Various threads have been opened on his appointment, but none to congratulate and celebrate Finidi. This thread/post fills that gap.

Congratulations Coach Finidi (Finito).

I saw you debut for the SE in the Burkina Suffer (7-1) game.

You then departed for Holland, and were part of the amazing revival of Ajax that took Europe, and maybe even global football by Storm.

You mastered the right wing, and in your prime, were ranked the best right winger in the World ahead of the likes of Luis Figo. There were some murmurs over this ranking, until the likes of Eurosport put you atop their rankings as well.

Despite your mastery of the right, you were no slouch on the left, and scored some spectacular left foot crackers.

You displayed a high level of play and professionalism, even after leaving Ajax in your time at Betis. You also marked the EPL register with Ipswich.

You maintained your committment to Nigeria, despite some very tough situations. Abacha's silliness, denied you, and the rest of the guys a likely 2nd CAN title in 1996. You missed out on the 2002 World Cup for reasons that are as dumb as they come. Your kid brother Igeniwari was murdered (likely by the police) as Stores fans/hooligans clashed with Rangers or Shooting fans (or a combination of both) during an FA Cup game in Ibadan.

You earned your coaching certificate and quietly started learning the trade in Europe. At the right time you made the move to Nigeria and put in the work in the local league and won a title with Enyimba. You quietly served in the SE under a foreigner who would not have been able to clean your boots as a player.

Your appointment is well deserved, though you gave us a scare with the friendlies. For those saying they were just friendlies, it was also an audition, and an opportunity to ensure that drawn knives were sheathed. We saw the drama and intrigue that followed those friendlies.

Finidi, you have all it takes to be Nigeria's greatest ever coach. You have the pedigree and the team is complete, bar a few injuries. No foriegner has ever won the world cup, so we have removed that barrier and can dare to dream. First we need to qualify, and I believe you and the team will show strong intent this June.

Congratulations
Last edited by truetalk on Tue May 28, 2024 9:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Congratulations to Coach Finidi George

Post by Kabalega »

truetalk wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:52 am Various threads have been opened on his appointment, but none to congratulate and celebrate Finidi. This thread/post fills that gap.

You earned your coaching certificate and quietly started learning the trade in Europe. At the right time you made the move to Nigeria and put in the work in the local league and won a title with Enyimba. You quietly served in the SE to a foreigner who would not have been able to clean your boots as a player.

Your appointment is well deserved, though you gave us a scare with the friendlies. For those saying they were just friendlies, it was also an audition, and an opportunity to ensure that drawn knives were sheathed. We saw the drama and intrigue that followed those friendlies.

Finidi, you have all it takes to be Nigeria's greatest ever coach. You have the pedigree and the team is complete, bar a few injuries. No foriegner has ever won the world cup, so we have removed that barrier and can dare to dream. First we need to qualify, and I believe you and the team will show strong intent this June.

Congratulations
A local Nigerian coach at the World Cup?
I will have to see it to believe it. We all remember Shaibu's (RIP) mistreatment.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Kabalega wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:11 pm
truetalk wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:52 am Various threads have been opened on his appointment, but none to congratulate and celebrate Finidi. This thread/post fills that gap.

You earned your coaching certificate and quietly started learning the trade in Europe. At the right time you made the move to Nigeria and put in the work in the local league and won a title with Enyimba. You quietly served in the SE to a foreigner who would not have been able to clean your boots as a player.

Congratulations
I will have to see it to believe it. We all remember Shaibu's (RIP) mistreatment.
Keshi took Nigeria to the World Cup in 2014. Oh I forgot! Keshi was German! :woot:

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:39 pm

Congratulations
Keshi took Nigeria to the World Cup in 2014. Oh I forgot! Keshi was German! :woot:
Why do you always bring up the one exception?
How many times did Shaibu qualify a Nigerian team but was denied the opportunity to lead it at the World Cup?
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Kabalega wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 9:43 pm

Congratulations
How many times did Shaibu qualify a Nigerian team but was denied the opportunity to lead it at the World Cup?
And Onigbinde did too in South Korea?
Nigeria did not start qualifying for the world cup recently.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

azuka wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:18 pm

Congratulations
Don't mind Kablablalega. He only started watching football in 2018.

Wha choo looking at?!
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 10:26 pm

Congratulations
Let's get this on record. You two are on record for posting that Finidi George, will lead Nigeria's senior mens, Eagles team to the World Cup, if the team qualifies? YES or NO.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kabalega wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:22 am

Congratulations
Let's get this on record. You two are on record for posting that Finidi George, will lead Nigeria's senior mens, Eagles team to the World Cup, if the team qualifies? YES or NO.
Yessirree bob!!

Wha choo looking at?!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Congratulations
I won't be surprised if he was misinformed by some Nigerians on social media. We are good at spreading false info.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:40 am
Yessirree bob!!
Bookmarked :!:
Let's siddon look. :face_with_monocle:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Kabalega wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:30 am

Yessirree bob!!
What do you want to be on record as saying? :oops:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Damunk wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:31 am
Kabalega wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 10:30 am
Yessirree bob!!
What do you want to be on record as saying? :oops:
I will believe it when I see it! :)