Why all this doom and gloom? We have only lost one game.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Why all this doom and gloom? We have only lost one game.

Post by Waffiman »

Yes!! We looked bad. Yes! we were poor. Yes! We got beat by Morrocco, who by any standards are not African beaters, they are a team of young players and some good experience. Yes! It was a shock and surprise to most to see us play so badly and lose. Yes! It was heartbreaking to see the awesome colective talents of our players been rendered useless by a poor set up.

However if we had looked objectively at all our friendlies under CCC, plus our shoddy preparation, this really should not have come as a surprise or shock. Since the WC in 1998 we have been in decline in major tournaments because of our preparations were non-existent. We have not learnt our lessons because we got away with it each time by producing some decent performances which clouded the real problem, finally the chickens came home to roost against Morroco.

But we must snap out of it, we must believe because our talent is enough to get us through. I believe it is time to move on from Morroco and look forward to the SA game. I say it is time to wake up and understand we are still in this tournament and the fact is we can still qualify.

As we are talking, moves are afoot to ensure qualification, so may I use this opportunity in rallying the troops here to stand up and support the team, a loss should not be the end of the SE. We can still do it, so let us stand up and support our team.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Waffi,

my sentiments too. the only thing getting us anywhere in this thing is going to be talent and the players understanding themselves better. as for technical input,that cannot be counted on at all. i am yet to see a SE game under CCC where the team had a definite plan or any shape. win,lose or draw. if anyone knows that game,please let me know.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffi but you must say that if after a month in Faro, CCC has not ome up with a team strategy, will he ever be able to. Which Nigerian coach has ever had the luxury of a month's camping?

A formula should have been worked out and it should just have been a case of the late arrivals taking over those roles. For instance, JJ should have just sloted into where Osaze was playing without any disruption to the way the team plays.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Waffi but you must say that if after a month in Faro, CCC has not ome up with a team strategy, will he ever be able to. Which Nigerian coach has ever had the luxury of a month's camping?

A formula should have been worked out and it should just have been a case of the late arrivals taking over those roles. For instance, JJ should have just sloted into where Osaze was playing without any disruption to the way the team plays.
Ayo...you just echoed my sentiments exactly...people are talking about us waking up against RSA, and I'm wondering if we were asleep in the first place or this is just what to expect from a Chukwu team..

The optimist in me wants to believe we can raise our game against RSA but what I saw yesterday was a team that lacked character and when under pressure from conceding a goal..had a coach who panicked rather than follow a game plan which we all know was non existent..

And why didn't CCC start Lawal and Osaze, two of his goalscorers in the camping exercise if reports of their camp performance are to be believed..

I sure hope we redeem ourselves against RSA otherwise it will be a case of the last person leaving the forum, please turn the lights out...
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Waffi,

You say we have the talent to see us through but was this so called talent not on display yesterday? We took 5 strikers to the NC and all of them played in the first game and we couldn't stick the ball in the onion basket once!!

With an inept CCC still at the helm of affairs what exactly is going to change between now and when we face SA?

Cheers
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I wish I could share your enthusiam but I can't. Prior to the Moroccan game, I rewatched the Malawi vs Nigeria match and that just gave me a big course for concern. The match was quite diabolical. The irony of the matter is there were a lot guys who played against Malawi that also featured in the Moroccan match. How we did not improve from that shobby performance to the Moroccan one says it all. Now you want me to have expectations against SA? Please. As from now on, I am going to lower my SE expectations until the NFA does something to raise my hopes again.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Waffi but you must say that if after a month in Faro, CCC has not ome up with a team strategy, will he ever be able to. Which Nigerian coach has ever had the luxury of a month's camping?

Ayo, we are fortunate to know about the disaster that has been Faro, but this is not the time to talk about am. True CCC has not done it in a month so why believe he will do it now?

I think we should forget CCC now, we should now bring in Eguavoen and Bitrus more into the coaching equation. I also expect the players to take on more responsibilities and stand up, after all it will be a travesty to see Oga and Papillo end their careers in such a sad manner. Papillo and Jay Jay are rpound guys, they will do whatever it takes to avoid such a blight and shame on their characters and career.

Ayo, we must not give up, I refuse to lie down and die. Look at Arsenal in the CL this season after 3 games, everybody thought they were dead and buried. Now Papillo must remind the boys about this and call on this kind of spirit.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

MD, IAG, guys I expect more. How una wan give up like this? Kai! how can you give up with two games to go. This na football, anything is still possible.

MD, you let me down, how can a Gooner give up, you know what never say die attitude is all about. I can expect a Spud like IAG :wink: :wink: :P :P :P to give, the man don give up Spuds winning a thing for the next millenium. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But a Gooner knows what fighting spirit is all about. :oops: :oops: :oops:
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

I am prepared to hope a little but I want to be sure the odds are on our side and they are not. It is not over yet and the collective application our "talent" might see us through but then it might not as was the case yesterday. What really depresses me is that it does not take a whole lot to beat us these days. Now that is truly worrying. Compare that to our ouster against Senegal in the last ANC where is took a missed penalty to beat us. Imean whether we are playing well or not we always create chances but yesterday was different. I want to be hopeful and I am but it is hope against hope now.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffi, it is not inconceivable for Nigeria to beat South Africa and Benin but drastic changes need to be made. I will let you know what I think in about two days time after I hear the fallout from the Morocco game.

The sports minister and Ogunjobi are in Tunis. What they do will be crucial.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Waffi, it is not inconceivable for Nigeria to beat South Africa and Benin but drastic changes need to be made. I will let you know what I think in about two days time after I hear the fallout from the Morocco game.

The sports minister and Ogunjobi are in Tunis. What they do will be crucial.
True! My bro, we go soon hear.
shakakaka
Egg
Egg

Post by shakakaka »

Waffiman wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Waffi, it is not inconceivable for Nigeria to beat South Africa and Benin but drastic changes need to be made. I will let you know what I think in about two days time after I hear the fallout from the Morocco game.

True! My bro, we go soon hear.
Kanu out (from the start, next game)? what u say?
theshak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

WAFFI--I gotta tell you this-Yesterday was the FIRST TIME I EVER CRITISED
THIS CHUKWU GUY. I debated with Mr. Kinfe on Monday about Chukwu Proposed Lineup back and forth. Chukwu is not A COACH--Waffi. The lineup was based on NAMES not What this guy can do.

There is HOPE against S.A. if Chukwu can Pick guys base on their abilities on the Green Grass--Failure to do that--SAM ALLAY will be dancing Panlongo dance next week--Yeh My guy will be back soon.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

GUEST wrote:WAFFI--I gotta tell you this-Yesterday was the FIRST TIME I EVER CRITISED
THIS CHUKWU GUY. I debated with Mr. Kinfe on Monday about Chukwu Proposed Lineup back and forth. Chukwu is not A COACH--Waffi. The lineup was based on NAMES not What this guy can do.

There is HOPE against S.A. if Chukwu can Pick guys base on their abilities on the Green Grass--Failure to do that--SAM ALLAY will be dancing Panlongo dance next week--Yeh My guy will be back soon.
I agree, this is why CCC needed all the old boys in the first place. For me, I say he needs help or he should step aside.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

We do not only look bad, we stink. What makes it worse is all this big talk we don here and dey done raise our hopes further than the moon only to bring it crashing down.

We have lost more than a game. If Morocco keep up the momentum and tops the group, we have a difficult path to negotiate, and persnally, we could avoid those games until the final.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Waffiman, point of correction, Really HotSpurs are the ones who have the deepest fighting spirit in all of N. London :). How often has ASSenal chocked when the chips are down? Countless times :P.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

only one game now! next only a tie if that before you know it only one more knockout and only one more chance agaiin for CCC to be coach!! abeg... who many of the big boys come out and loose there first game! and last world cup when france came out and lost to senegal .. what hapened to them?? if we are a power house in african soccer, then we need to play like that from the get go!!! :evil:
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

only teams so far that have played like bigboys is Mali and south Africa! and Cameroon.
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Waffi
how now , please help me drum it into people ears, may be we wont qualify isure hope not, but hope is what keeps us all alive. The boys can raise their game, i belive that. As a player we have found ourselves in a position where we simply decide we cannot afford to lose, the result is that the coach does not even need to say anything tactical or formation wise.
As for bringing in Bitrus, i'll be careful dropping names especially if you are not sure, why Bitrus if i may ask mm the name sounds chick eh(laugh). Dont rock the boat, let the C in Chief i mean CCC sink or swim with the boat, then we can properly hang him or if he swims we would have given him room to redeem himself.
But yes i concur 100% it is just beginning.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]oloye[/color] wrote: But yes i concur 100% it is just beginning.
Yes, beginning of the end for alot of folks.

daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

If we can just get a point against Benin, at least we wouldn't have been disgraced
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Not qualifying is a disgrace, the one point against Benin means jack. Imagine telling my colleagues we drew with Benin, Benin who ?, wo if we no fit beat SA, make we just allow Benin sodomise us too, so that everybodi wey dey involved go see their record. I said before this tournament started CCC na scape goat, that is why i am praying for him, this is what the pro FC's have planned and hoping will happen, let any pro FC talk now, the pple who are laughing now are the pro FC, i can tell you dont be suprise if one Oyinbo is already in Tunis taking notes.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Waffiman wrote:MD, IAG, guys I expect more. How una wan give up like this? Kai! how can you give up with two games to go. This na football, anything is still possible.

MD, you let me down, how can a Gooner give up, you know what never say die attitude is all about. I can expect a Spud like IAG :wink: :wink: :P :P :P to give, the man don give up Spuds winning a thing for the next millenium. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But a Gooner knows what fighting spirit is all about. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Bro...the optimist in me believes we can still qualify but the realist in me is very worried that with all our five strikers on show yesterday, we hardly troubled the Moroccan GK..

Let me tell you why the realist is worried..we had no cohesion upfront. I did not see one run, off the ball into the Moroccan box or a 1-2 passing combo to attempt to unlock the Moroccan defense..not even a diagonal run..
I sure hope the realist in me is disappointed on Saturday and the optimist carry the day... :P