Tunisia 2004: Adokiye, Amodu react to Eagles loss

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ikwerreman
Egg
Egg
Tunisia 2004: Adokiye, Amodu react to Eagles loss

Post by ikwerreman »

http://nigeriasports.com/414

Adokiye Amiesimaka insists that it was not tactics but attitude of the players that killed Nigeria's Super Eagles agianst Morocco
ukblack
Egg
Egg

Post by ukblack »

Adokiye hasnt got a f**king clue either if he says tactics didnt play a part in the defeat.

You need a balanced side to able to win matches, the team that played against Morocco was top heavy on attackers and very light in the midfield.

Just for the reacord can someone please tell Clueless Chukwu that matches are won and lost in the midfield
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

This is what is wrong with our country. Let us try to be honest and objective about things because we will never progress if our judgement continues to be clouded by my friend, my brother, my townsman etc. etc. mentality. :( :( :( :( :(

How can he Adokiye try to exonorate CCC from the mess, in the final analysis, the coach takes the blame. No he wan blame players only. What a shame. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Waffiman on Wed Jan 28, 2004 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

adokiye is just blabbing. He said
“Chukwu carried out the wishes of most Nigerians to field the so called big name players against those who could have really won the game for Nigeria and at this point I don’t think blame the Coach because he did what he had to do. Rather we should blame the players because it had nothing to do with tactics but attitude.”

tell me, what kind of coach features big names instead of deserving ones, when his job and the country's acheivement are on the line?

Amodu was more sensible with his comments. He said:
“Having lost the game, the Eagles must talk to themselves and shake of their lethargy. I know they will put the loss behind them and rise to the occasion in subsequent matches.”
Note that while not bashing Chukwu, the man basically concedes that everything's up to the players, as the coach isnt in a position to help us!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
..SORRY TO SAY..

Post by paj »

..BUT ADOKIE NA CRACKHEAD! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Maybe Adokie is not being dishonest. The man may genuinely feel that way. Remember he is another IC.

The lot of them do not know anything. Nigerian coaches know a lot less than CE forumers. That is a fact!
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Maybe Adokie is not being dishonest. The man may genuinely feel that way. Remember he is another IC.

The lot of them do not know anything. Nigerian coaches know a lot less than CE forumers. That is a fact!

Ayo,
Adokiye is not a coach and has never been one.
After he left active football he concentrated on his law practice and was chairman of Sharks FC twice.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

coaching is not a civil servant job. dude said ccc did what the country wants him to do, instead of him doing what needs to be done to win the trophy. IC are all the same. They all must be ogunzombie's cousin.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Ayo
maybe it is time for some CE foumers to take up coaching, like they puttting one's money where one's mouth is. They can start by going home and applying to any of the teams, the good thing is they will qualify as FC eh, because as long as they do not coach any team, they remain paper coaches, even my 3 year old pikin fit do that kin coaching.
No be so Vennables dey yarn opaks for TV, dem give am Leeds with better players wey O'Leary leave for am, the result is what we are seeing.
Please let CCC die before we bury am, i am not happy with what is going on over there, but the die is cast we can only hope and wish him the best.
When pple like Adokiye say what they are saying, they speak with sense, no need rocking a boat that is dangerously tilting, the camp does not need that sort of controversy right now. The word here is diplomacy .
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Let all be warned now, if anyone ever agues in favour of IC, I will personally shoot them and get Omey2k to bury the evidence.

All this talk shows most people back home don't have a clue.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

LOOK! I have an African American Girlfriend who never watches soccer but decided to do so yesterday...she could tell that it was TERRIBLE coaching!!! She kept asking why the team kept pumping high ball into the area without any attacker up to 6 ft tall!!!! She kept asking why the #10 is standing by the defensive end of the center circle as if he was ordered not to go further when he is clearly the best player on the field, she kept asking wht the #8 cannot control the ball everytime it is passed to him!!!!!

Even a blind man yesterday could see Chukwu's tactical deficiencies!!!!!
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

Any NBA coach would have done better than CCC yesterday,.

Yes, you can take that to the bank 8)
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
sarkin doya
Egg
Egg

Post by sarkin doya »

Thank-you Oloye!!

I can't believe such arrogance in stating the
following:

"Nigerian coaches know a lot less than CE forumers"
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

good tactics can enhance the teams attitude.

playing 2 strikers & 3AM's with one DM in the opening match of a tournament is generally a bad move as far as building team motivation & positive attitude.

without midfield, there is no offence & unending punishment for the defence. so the idea is to start conservatively with a solid balanced midfield & adjust accordingly. this we failed to do.

once the midfield starts clicking, everybody is energized & pumped-up.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ..SORRY TO SAY..

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]paj[/color] wrote:..BUT ADOKIE NA CRACKHEAD! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Pa
I couldn't agree more :evil:.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tunisia 2004: Adokiye, Amodu react to Eagles loss

Post by 1naija »

Adokie and Chukwu were part of the 4 - 1 - 5 era, so ofcourse he cannot see anything wrong with such tactics.

BTW, what is Okocha clapping for? This is not the EPL, and besides we lost the match.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Inaija!!!!

Look @ the pic again! That was not yesterday's game. The jersey we wore yesterday was different!!! Stay away from JJ!!!! It wasn't his fault CC tried to play him as a defensive midfielder!
Bell

Post by Bell »

I HAVEN'T SEEN THE MATCH, BUT...

...if I had to rely on the observations of others, I'll take Adokie's over those of the armchair critics combined.

By the way, an Egyptian who doesn't know anything about this site told me without prompting that the SE played with a decided lack of interest. Of course, I would, to a large extent, blame the coach for that and his inability to make the players respond. But then, I'd also blame Phil Jackson for the way they played in the last playoff series.

RIGHT ON, OLOYE
All Nigerians are good coaches. That is until they are given the job. Then they become clueless.
Bell
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Bell,

Inthat case, U HAVE TO SEE THE MATCH!!!

Granted, we did play with a lack of interest, but the formation we played was...shambolic!!! Atrocious!! Just watch the game then come back here!
Bell

Post by Bell »

UGBOWO, YOU MAY BE RIGHT, BUT...

...I have seen good teams do bad things. Did you see the Lakers play against San Antonio in the last playoff series. Phil Jackson is considered one of the best coaches in the NBA but you'd think some novice was coaching the team if you saw them. And what about how they played on Christmas Day when Houston came to their arena and ate their lunch? Point is I can't explain why teams play the way they do sometimes. And that's not necesaarily excusing C3 of any blame.
Bell
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Bell,

I believe CC SHOULD TAKE ALL THE BLAME!!!!

U just have to see the game to understand me. He made good players look so terrible it was almost unbelievable! U would have cried for ur beloved eagles. The formation made us lethargic and left us exposed!
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Oloye , do you think CCC tactics of playing 6 attacking players is the recipe for todays game ?
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Bell

Post by Bell »

UGBOWO, ONE THING I KNOW IS THAT...

...tactics may be wrong, but how does that stop players from running at full speed and with urgency?

I heard from of those who have seen the video that some of those appeared at the later stages after Morocco had scored - did the tactics change then?
Bell