WHAT IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS ON SATURDAY

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
WHAT IF THE UNTHINKABLE HAPPENS ON SATURDAY

Post by anikulapo »

And South Africa actually beats the Eagles................

Personally, I don't think that it is too far out of the realm of possibility and I will probably not even call it an upset. Nevertheless, the repercussions would be almost unimaginable. Chukwu had better get his act together and stop whistling through the graveyard with his boastful comments, because if things go wrong, it will be almost too horrible to imagine :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

That means we are not GOOD ENOUGH to move to the second round!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

My brother, if they beat us, its simple, we go home!!!!! :( :(
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

what do you mean unthinkable-at best super eagles are a mediocre team-we have taken too mnay attacking players and not enough midfield players-the moment we dropped Obodo,we never stand any chance
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

It is not unthinkable at all.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Akoni Miyake
Egg
Egg

Post by Akoni Miyake »

But its not impossible, adversity brings out character lets hope our boys show that
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

we have so many things to learn in football
never underestimate the opposition
learn how to finish off opposition
play a tight compact game
play to your strengths
concentrate for 90minutes
defence starts from the frontline
all these things are alien to Nigerian football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Not unthinkable at all.Infact we could very well lose all our matches.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

the fact that u mention it already means it is thinkable....and u are thikning about it as much as every one else is..after the game against morroco we shoould know that anything is possible...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

If that happens, then CCC may get fired in Tunisia. As a matter of fact, he may get fired right after that game.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

The only good purpose this would serve is to show the poweres that be that CCC aint the man for the job. I hope and pray it doesnt happen
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...if we lose n Saturday....the consequences will be cataclysmic and unimaginable .....I don't even want to think about it. Saturday's game is Nigeria's biggest game since the Olympic final in 1996. I really think it is that important. If we lose - it will be a massive watershed - marking our decline in football over the past decade.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am now adopting the Omey2k4 approach of expecting the worst cos the worse always happen to the SE.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

In todays football nothing is unthinkable, the unthinkable stopped when Cameroon beat Argentina the defending Champion, the unthinkable stopped when Senegal beat their Oga for france, the unthinkable became thinkable when naija won olympics using Brazil and Argies to drink garri, wo if you think SA beating us is unthinkable mmmm, then i think you are still living in unthinkable land.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
somebody
Egg
Egg

Post by somebody »

I actually think it it thinkable for us to beat S.Africa :mrgreen:
Why do we struggle to live when we are still going to die anyway?
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Me na siddon look I dey so. :D :D :D
fledi
Egg
Egg

Post by fledi »

CCC will be fired along with Ogunjobi, Kanu's International career will be over, JJ will never captain Nigeria again, Sports Minister will be relieved of his duty and hopefully we realise that we need to overhaul our soccer administration or else, ask Ghana.
fledi
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Well it is time to win or go home. It is as simple as that.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

the battle for sanity commences at 1pm saturday
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I hope that too much pressure is not put on the boys or alternatively, that they do not put too much pressure on themselves. This could result in very unwanted consequences!

However, I do not see how the Eagles can fail to score against S Africa. IF CCC has contingency plans for Buckley, Zuma, and Nomvethe then victory for the Eagles is assured. If not, I see problems!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

wiseone wrote:...if we lose n Saturday....the consequences will be cataclysmic and unimaginable .....I don't even want to think about it. Saturday's game is Nigeria's biggest game since the Olympic final in 1996. I really think it is that important. If we lose - it will be a massive watershed - marking our decline in football over the past decade.
Thank you ohhhhh....Na you see wetin I dey talk....

I mean, the way Nigerian fans are, who knows if there might be riots in the streets and God knows what....I dont even know how that Nation would be able to handle a loss like that....

Too many Nigerians, the Eagles are more than just the national team. Hell, the pride of a whole nation is at stake tomorrow. And if they lose, hmmmm, Lord have mercy :shock: :shock: :shock: :( :(
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Well, it would be a big wake up call, but will be very disappointing. That would mean we've gone backwards since Mali 02.

We should have been rebuilding after Mali and have a settled team by now, but there's no vision, continuity and ambition for the SE.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

If the unthinkable happens Nigeria will have three points in the bag.