IF THIERRY WAS BRAZILIAN,WOULD HE'VE WON WORLD MVP ALREADY?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
IF THIERRY WAS BRAZILIAN,WOULD HE'VE WON WORLD MVP ALREADY?

Post by kash n' karry »

Considering the fact that Thierry is on the verge of breaking some of Arsenals precious records, especially those of Ian wright, I have wondered why the likes Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and even the likes of ZZ have always been voted to World MVP, years in, years out ahead of Thierry Henry.
And with the likes of Andriano threatening to get it ahead of him, is this the ugly side of FIFA politicking? What are the chances of an African ever winning another coveted personal achievement award any time soon after Weah?
Granted Brazillians are skillful palyers, but this does reminds of all the numerous world beauty pageants where the crown always goes to some regions while others become perennial participants and hmmm losers. A close but no cigars scenerio.
Your thoughts :?:
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

possibly
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

What has Henry done with the NT?
He was on the bench on '98, no? I remember he came on against the Saudi's and scored.

Ronaldinho, well, you could argue for and against the decision. The comparison with Henry is close, although as many will tell you, Henry does not seem to produce on the big stage where it matters most :P
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

A National team comprises of a squad of player's not one....Zidane won may accolades with France because he played in a very good team that had exceptional players like Djorkaeff, Blanc, Barthez, a younger Lizarazu, Thuram etc etc. He did well at Real Madrid where once again there were great players like Figo, Raul and Ronaldo alonside him.He didn't do much at Juve did he??

TH cannot carry France, the Brazilians always have an excellent squad so you can argue this swings the vote in favour of their exceptional players..Ronaldinho, Rivaldo and the likes!

Please forget that stuff about TH not showing up in big matches the guy has been the most cosistent and prolific forwad in Europe over the last three years! 2 second places in the World player of the year awards can testify to that :!:
To God be the glory
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

tfco wrote:What has Henry done with the NT?
He was on the bench on '98, no? I remember he came on against the Saudi's and scored.

Ronaldinho, well, you could argue for and against the decision. The comparison with Henry is close, although as many will tell you, Henry does not seem to produce on the big stage where it matters most :P
Yeah somtimes on the big stage he falls short but every players does have their bad days too. Thierry was actually phenominal in 98' world cup, he started getting noticed ahead of Nicholas
zeyzey1
Egg
Egg
Re: IF THIERRY WAS BRAZILIAN,WOULD HE'VE WON WORLD MVP ALREA

Post by zeyzey1 »

kash n' karry wrote:Considering the fact that Thierry is on the verge of breaking some of Arsenals precious records, especially those of Ian wright, I have wondered why the likes Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and even the likes of ZZ have always been voted to World MVP, years in, years out ahead of Thierry Henry.
And with the likes of Andriano threatening to get it ahead of him, is this the ugly side of FIFA politicking? What are the chances of an African ever winning another coveted personal achievement award any time soon after Weah?
Granted Brazillians are skillful palyers, but this does reminds of all the numerous world beauty pageants where the crown always goes to some regions while others become perennial participants and hmmm losers. A close but no cigars scenerio.
Even if he was actually better than Zizzou, Ronaldinho, Schevvy et al, there's the small issue of playing in the EPL and with Arsenal. Sorry, but I've got this feeling that no matter how well the EPL teams have done, they still have a lot to do to get accepted by FIFA & UEFA as a very solid league championship. This affects EPL stars going for individual titles.
Have you noticed that Brazilian and Argentine players would prefer less lucrative contracts in Spain & Italy to EPL. Their coaches have less confidence in their players from EPL.
Anyway, Liverpool's and Chelsea's performances last season( hence making EPL more than a 2 Horse-ManU/Arsenal- race) may have done the magic of allowing for better acceptance of the EPL, its tactics and its players.
Kenovski
Egg
Egg

Post by Kenovski »

kash n' karry wrote:Considering the fact that Thierry is on the verge of breaking some of Arsenals precious records, especially those of Ian wright, I have wondered why the likes Rivaldo, Ronaldinho and even the likes of ZZ have always been voted to World MVP, years in, years out ahead of Thierry Henry.
Well you said it right there bro, Arsenal records. Thierry, as opposed to the others has not had that kind of impact for his team (France or Arsenal) in International competition as the others have.
Everyday you can choose to the happy or sad, good or bad, full of joy or filled with anger. It takes the same amount of effort to acheive either.....

Anonymous
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

zeyzey1 wrote:
Even if he was actually better than Zizzou, Ronaldinho, Schevvy et al, there's the small issue of playing in the EPL and with Arsenal. Sorry, but I've got this feeling that no matter how well the EPL teams have done, they still have a lot to do to get accepted by FIFA & UEFA as a very solid league championship. This affects EPL stars going for individual titles.
Have you noticed that Brazilian and Argentine players would prefer less lucrative contracts in Spain & Italy to EPL. Their coaches have less confidence in their players from EPL.
Anyway, Liverpool's and Chelsea's performances last season( hence making EPL more than a 2 Horse-ManU/Arsenal- race) may have done the magic of allowing for better acceptance of the EPL, its tactics and its players.
:x :evil: :twisted:

the EPL record is a problem though, cuz i think the strongest league is the Serie A, the bundesliga and then the spanish where Ronaldinho plays but then as u said Chelsea, liverpool baby! Allso players who excelled in EPL have always had grt stincts when they arrive these top 3 leagues and Becham is a grt example, thierry goes elsewhere and may be he should, he's gonna be dangerous bcos of his paceness.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

If henry was Brazilian, he no go see starting position
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

ohenhen1 wrote:
If henry was Brazilian, he no go see starting position
:twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Oh common, he can defiinitely make a starting line for Brazil. He's been voted the 2nd, 3rd, 4th best FIFA world player for some time now. If he does not start, then, u can be sure he'll come in at some point in the game for Brazil, the way Martins does for Milan.
Remember, he was phenominal on the 98 French team that whacked Brazil 3-0 and had they played Brazil in 2002 France [basking out as EURO 2000 champions}, they might have probably beaten Brazilians again.
However, I think thierry's, though underrated, his pace may be the only disadvantage on a Brazil team which like to slow the tempo sometimes to lull opponents. I will still have a hard time picking Ronaldinho over him though.
Last edited by kash n' karry on Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Can some of you guys please stop using this MVP bullshit. Football is not an american sport please. :x :x :x :x :x

I hate that term so much now. Whats wrong player of the tournament or player of the year etc

Dont say i didnt warn you. :lol:
The wise speak when they have something to say,
fools speak when they have to say something.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Its our business to stir it up
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Fairy Henri = Overrated

He would ride pine on the Brazilian team, nothing more. This man absolutely dies against caliber opposition. He is an open space player who has problems in traffic and is not particularly adept at short and fast passing.

Sure, he can do it for Arsenal against the likes of Southampton and such EPL juggernauts. Against a Bayern Munich, things are a bit different.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Fairy Henri = Overrated

He would ride pine on the Brazilian team, nothing more. This man absolutely dies against caliber opposition. He is an open space player who has problems in traffic and is not particularly adept at short and fast passing.

Sure, he can do it for Arsenal against the likes of Southampton and such EPL juggernauts. Against a Bayern Munich, things are a bit different.

Cheers, Mate
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Imagine replacing Henry with Adriano in l'Arse .. Kai if Spurs get Adriano u guys go hear wen ..

**back to dreaming **
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

mate wrote:Fairy Henri = Overrated

Cheers, Mate
Im with you on this Mate. Though im an Arsenal supporter me thinks messeur Henry is overrated. Sure he scores bucketloads of goals in the EPL but once he hits traffic against quality opposition, he runs out of ideas. He likes wide open spaces where he can outsprint those lead footed defenders in the EPL.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tendai & Cristao

Arsenal fans would jettison Henry in a heartbeat for Adriano.

Damn but Adriano would run over the likes of Roy "Skinny" Keane...unlike Thierry the Fairy who dances out of contact.

How can you be tough when your name is Thierry?

:wink:

Cheers, Mate
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mate wrote:Fairy Henri = Overrated

Cheers, Mate
That is exactly what i am thinking. We must be twins lost at birth
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Most definitely u guys cloned brothers separated by a rampaging village lion at birth. I feel u guys though but i know sometimes it's always an easy pick for FIFA to go with a top Brazilian player ahead of other outstanding sluggers. I guess, image is everything. 8) :D :twisted:
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Oya haters start crying .. EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT

ADRIANO CROWNED CONFEDERATIONS CUP KING

MILAN - With his five goals at the FIFA Confederations Cup, Nerazzurri striker Adriano finished the tournament as top scorer and was also named Best Player after inspiring Brazil to a 4-1 final victory over Cambiasso and Zanetti's Argentina. Mexico carried off the Fair Play award.

http://www.inter.it/aas/news/reader?N=19227&L=en

And by the way He has scored 42 goals in 29 games ... :P :lol: :lol: make una seat there dey diss am .. FORZA INTER!!
quickie
Egg
Egg

Post by quickie »

tendai101 wrote: Though im an Arsenal supporter me thinks messeur Henry is overrated. Sure he scores bucketloads of goals in the EPL but once he hits traffic against quality opposition, he runs out of ideas. He likes wide open spaces where he can outsprint those lead footed defenders in the EPL.
You call yourself an arsenal fan and say Henry is overrated? Hmmmm. Those bucketloads of goals he scores are not as easy as that.....it's because he scores them year after year, that everyone thinks they're easy.

How many world class strikers in this country? and how many have scored 100 EPL goals in last 4 years (at least 22 every year)?

When Henry was scoring hat-tricks against liverpool last season, everybody said they were a small team...no be same liverpool keep Sheva, Trez, Zlatan etc at bay?
No be Forlan go spain go score 25 so? Won't Kezman score over 20 next season in la liga?

And believe it or not, Henry is the 4th highest goalscorer in the CL ever as well.

An arsenal fan will tell you, one of arsenal's main problems in europe is over-reliance on Henry. When last did Pires, Freddie or Henry's strike partner show up in europe? If defenders gang up on you and your team mates don't show up, you'll be bundled out in europe as Ronaldinho found out against chelski.

Some guys have said it that Henry might never win those awards because he plays in the EPL which some people still can't get their heads round to the fact that there are more foreign artists now than the older bulldogs of the past.

What has Ronaldinho done to deserve world player of the year? Come on. Deliver one domestic title? Get his team to CL second round? Sad thing is, he hadn't even done those things when he won the award.

Q
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

quickie wrote:
tendai101 wrote: Though im an Arsenal supporter me thinks messeur Henry is overrated. Sure he scores bucketloads of goals in the EPL but once he hits traffic against quality opposition, he runs out of ideas. He likes wide open spaces where he can outsprint those lead footed defenders in the EPL.
You call yourself an arsenal fan and say Henry is overrated? Hmmmm. Those bucketloads of goals he scores are not as easy as that.....it's because he scores them year after year, that everyone thinks they're easy.

How many world class strikers in this country? and how many have scored 100 EPL goals in last 4 years (at least 22 every year)?

When Henry was scoring hat-tricks against liverpool last season, everybody said they were a small team...no be same liverpool keep Sheva, Trez, Zlatan etc at bay?
No be Forlan go spain go score 25 so? Won't Kezman score over 20 next season in la liga?

And believe it or not, Henry is the 4th highest goalscorer in the CL ever as well.

An arsenal fan will tell you, one of arsenal's main problems in europe is over-reliance on Henry. When last did Pires, Freddie or Henry's strike partner show up in europe? If defenders gang up on you and your team mates don't show up, you'll be bundled out in europe as Ronaldinho found out against chelski.

Some guys have said it that Henry might never win those awards because he plays in the EPL which some people still can't get their heads round to the fact that there are more foreign artists now than the older bulldogs of the past.

What has Ronaldinho done to deserve world player of the year? Come on. Deliver one domestic title? Get his team to CL second round? Sad thing is, he hadn't even done those things when he won the award.

Q
Why waste your time? The quality of the posts should betrays ignorance. Abeg you get better thing do.

These guys do not have a clue what Henry's goal scoring record is. I bet they will even tell you Henry has been a striker all his football career.

Oh! BTW! These guys will tell you Van Nistleroy scores against big teams in the EPL and CL. Ask them to analyse the records they do not know.

I bet they do not even know who was France highest scorer in the WC in 1998.

BTW! Crespo and Mutu scored tons in the mighty Serie A but could not hit a cow arse with a banjo in the EPL.
Last edited by Waffiman on Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
tendai101
Egg
Egg

Post by tendai101 »

Why do you people always insist on us not knowing Henry's goal scoring record (whenever we doubt him) considering you have never met us. How do you arrive at such conclusions? So an Arsenal suppoerter is supposed to automatically endorse Henry as a good player. Maybe you need to look up what a fan is. I support Arsenal not Henry

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

tendai101 wrote:Why do you people always insist on us not knowing Henry's goal scoring record (whenever we doubt him) considering you have never met us. How do you arrive at such conclusions? So an Arsenal suppoerter is supposed to automatically endorse Henry as a good player. Maybe you need to look up what a fan is. I support Arsenal not Henry
tendai .. u have my respect .... this is one thing that needs to be knocked into their heads ..