Mallorca call for FIFA intervention over missing Eto'o

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

MADRID, Dec 30 (Reuters) - Real Mallorca have asked for FIFA to intervene after leading striker Samuel Eto'o failed to appear at training this week because of a call-up by Cameroon for a pre-Olympic tournament in the Ivory Coast.

The Spanish club issued a statement on their website saying they had not given the player permission to attend the tournament because it did not feature on the official calendar of world soccer's governing body.

"Real Mallorca have dispatched an urgent request to the Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) asking for the immediate intervention of FIFA with the aim of ensuring that the player rejoins the club as soon as possible," the club said.

"Mallorca understand that this situation has arisen because of an irregular action on the part of the Cameroon Football Federation."

Eto'o is Mallorca's leading scorer this season with eight goals and is widely viewed as the club's most influential player.

The 22-year-old is a regular in the Cameroon national side and helped them to the final of last season's Confederations Cup.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Abeg make them ban Eto'o from the ANC...hehehe :twisted: :twisted: ...I can only wish
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

I think this is unreasonable for Cameroon to be calling a seasoned international to the Olympic Squad, especially just before the ANC. This only shows how African FAs muddy the waters for African professionals. Surely with the anticipated absence from their clubs in a FIFA sanctioned ANC just two weeks away, these lunatics can spare the pros added inconvenience by using the local players for the Olympic qualifiers. But if truth be told, African FAs value an olymic gold more than the ANC championship.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

smallpikin wrote:I think this is unreasonable for Cameroon to be calling a seasoned international to the Olympic Squad, especially just before the ANC. This only shows how African FAs muddy the waters for African professionals. Surely with the anticipated absence from their clubs in a FIFA sanctioned ANC just two weeks away, these lunatics can spare the pros added inconvenience by using the local players for the Olympic qualifiers. But if truth be told, African FAs value an olymic gold more than the ANC championship.
Smallpikin,
I don't think so. Ask Naijas if they won't trade that Atlanta gold for another ANC?
-Eto might have gone AWOL but I doubt if the Olympic game in CIV is the reason. He should be able to tell them that they don't need him and that he is not prepared to offer his services at that level anymore.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Eto is practically trying to estrange himself with Mallorca, after all, the transfer window opens again in January
Martin
Egg
Egg

Post by Martin »

With Eto'o missing time with Mallorca due to the ANC there really isn't any reason to call him into the U-23 team for the Olympic qualifiers. Since he is Mallroca's key player, let him stay with his club and only use him when needed at the ANC. If Cameroon qualifies for Athens Olympics, which they should do, then I could see using Eto'o but for now let him play with his club. In the meantime players like Daniel Wansi and Pierre Webo can handle the attacking duties for Cameroon's U-23 team.

Any word on whether Nigeria will be calling in some of their foreign based players for their key Olympic qualifier this upcoming weekend in Senegal? Why not bring in some foreign based players whose clubs are not in action. Players like Ishiaku, Nnaji, Alegbe have clubs in Belgium and Ukraine who are out of season right now and are eligible for the U-23 team. Plus players like Odemwingie and Aghahowa, while in Faro, are also available for selection along with Uche Kalu and Femi Opabunmi who have been involved in previous Olympic qualifiers.
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

eto'o is also a fool...he is goin to play a useless olympic qualifier match which could jeopardize he's whole career or even hes participation at the african nations cup. All what nigeria needs to do is post a few dollars to the ivorian federation and those ivorian defenders will do the job...well am not wishing for the worst but i dont like this idea at all because the first to rejoice would be those in this forum and of course babayaro and co...
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am