I suspect Chukwu might go for 4-3-3

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Blakes wrote:If we are talking about what CCC is likely to do and not what we want him t o do then I suspect it will be the same old formation..i dont suspect CCC will make any drastic changes..i think it will look something like this

..........................Kanu....Osaze................

Lawal........Olofinjana.....okocha.............Utaka

Udeze.......Okoronkwo.........Yobo............Abbey

..............................Enyeama..................................

the guy will start Osaze if JAg is really injured ..if not then just replace Osaze with JAG...the man is going to keep it simple...has he used anything other than 4-4-2 for any match?..if he hasn't, then i see no reason why he should do it now in such an important match...we always try to predict what the man will do ...but it usually ends up being the same boring formation...anyone who thinks kanu will not start must be dreaming..i'll be really reallly really suprised if kanu does not start...infact ill be shocked...not because kanu deserves a starting place but because C3 does not have the guts to bench him..
For the first time i find myself agreeing with you. afterall CCC's most difficult maze is a straight line
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Coach

I admire your dissection of the team, whilst others have gone to great lengths to say we need more hustle, others have said the strikers should be dropped, but what has been apparent is a lack of team play and ur analysis on the play of the eagles so far IMO has been spot on

May i ask where r u from?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

It was well documented that each Nigerian player was on a $4000 win bonus. I cant get my head around it, why would the governing body of Nigerian football, feel that money is the only way they can motivate their players. Whatever happened to national pride and the belief that we, the nigerian public, were long overdue something to revel in.

My biggest problem with Nigerian football, aside from all the politics and controvesy that engulfs it, is their seemimgly endless patience in Nwankwo Kanu, this guy is a shadow of his former self, he hasn't done anything at international or club level for ages. Within minutes Odemwingie eclipsed all his efforts, of which there wasnt many or much. I think its time for Nigeria to start afresh, lay down a foundation from which they intend to build a solid side upon. We need to know our best team, and play our best team,forget reputation.

I won't be over awed by the performance against SA, as the inept displays vs. Morocco and Benin are still ringing in my ears. Cameroon, are a difficult side, although they might'nt have the same calibre players as Nigeria, they have stability. Wilfred Schafer is still their manager, the backbone of their side consists of the players who represented them in the ANC 2002 and world cup finals. No amount of skill or individual genius can compensate for the benefits of playing together. Nigeria are continously chaging manager, personel, tactics...in the past 2 years what haven't they changed.

Despite being perennial underachievers, everytime a tournament comes round we're expected to do something special. Over expectation, coupled with under performance leads to more changes of personel, tactics and so maintains this vicious circle, which is leading us further and further away from achieving stability.

Even if we do win tomorrow, the fact remains. It cannot be swept under the carpet because of the eventualities of 90 minutes.

'We have the wood, the metal, the plastic, but what are they without the glue that sticks them all together?'
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Chukwu and Ogunjobi sniffed the glue :lol:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

My friend, im glad to see we are watching the same game. Fancy twists and turns may please the crowd, but its desire, determination and pride, that brings success. Club football means more to these guys than playing for their country, as our 'captain' exemplified. Staying behind to play games with his club, when you would've thought, that he of all people, being the captain, would set an example to follow. The problem is, maybe it is this example that the others are following. Why should they care when their captain couldn't even decide if he wanted to join them or not.

There is hardly a war cry coming from the Nigeria camp, just wind of discontent and disinterest as guys brrak curfews without a care in the world. Tell me, do you think Mboma, Eto'o and co hit the streets of Tunisia after there draw on the opening day?

These guys are playing for the sake of it, i wonder how many of them believe they can win. As the critics polish their knifes and look to take another swipe at the fallen Eagles, I wouldn't be suprised if the players already have their excuses tailor-made:
"perhaps the tournament should be played in summer",

'All of a sudden Babayaro has a hamstring injury'

Agali's injured too,

Yakubu loves Nigeria so much that he can t be bothered to rejoin the squad

maybe its because they think they'll be on their way back within 90minutes'.
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Guys I think Kanu and SEYI should not start this game ,,, If CCC get sense , make he start Orjinta to play the Defencive Midfield , while Ikedia should start ,, moving Uttaka to play behind the strikin force.....
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

Ayo - How tall is Lawal, Ekong, and Olofinjana? Is he trying to win aerial battles in the midfield?
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

COACH - I feel you on most of your points and that's why am sceptic about tomorrow. Just finished watching the Benin game again with a friend for him to see the lack of chemistry and big vs small boys issues I noticed on the field. Particularly annoying was Okoronkwo, who most of the time was on Olofinjana's case and the guy was subbed soon after he talked back. I hope the prayers of most on this forum is heard and he is benched for tomorrow's match. For me, if it will bring some understanding and chemistry at the back and make Okoronkwo more confident to deal with Mboma and Eto'o, Seyi should sit this one out. As for our Oga JJ, he must have the ball in the mid-field even if the player in possession sees a freer colleague. That has been the pattern in the last 3 games.

Yeah, we need to get back to the drawing table to sort out lots of issues including, but not limited to: recruiting an up-to date coach, invitation ONLY to WILING and AVAILABLE players, and a blue print on regulations/rules governing reporting to, and behavior whilst in camp.

Like I keep agitating, this should be the last tournamment for the class of '96. They did the country proud and it's time to leave International soccer to concentrate fully for the remaining years left of active football with their respective clubs.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

HAWKEYE wrote:COACH - I feel you on most of your points and that's why am sceptic about tomorrow. Just finished watching the Benin game again with a friend for him to see the lack of chemistry and big vs small boys issues I noticed on the field. Particularly annoying was Okoronkwo, who most of the time was on Olofinjana's case and the guy was subbed soon after he talked back. I hope the prayers of most on this forum is heard and he is benched for tomorrow's match. For me, if it will bring some understanding and chemistry at the back and make Okoronkwo more confident to deal with Mboma and Eto'o, Seyi should sit this one out. As for our Oga JJ, he must have the ball in the mid-field even if the player in possession sees a freer colleague. That has been the pattern in the last 3 games.

Yeah, we need to get back to the drawing table to sort out lots of issues including, but not limited to: recruiting an up-to date coach, invitation ONLY to WILING and AVAILABLE players, and a blue print on regulations/rules governing reporting to, and behavior whilst in camp.

Like I keep agitating, this should be the last tournamment for the class of '96. They did the country proud and it's time to leave International soccer to concentrate fully for the remaining years left of active football with their respective clubs.
spot on my brother/...anyone who says they are 100% confident is either, Blind, dumb or lying...and if u say your fears here people are quick to attack with out thiking the matter though...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Coach you are damn right. Personally, I would never have made JJ my captain. He is too selfish to be anyone's captain other than himself. Kanu is a shadow because he sold his soul for the money. Now, once he is paid he plays as little football as possible.

Thank God for Utaka, Osaze, Aghahowa and our entire back line otherwise the Super Eagles are toast.
jdiddy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdiddy »

HAWKEYE wrote:COACH - I feel you on most of your points and that's why am sceptic about tomorrow. Just finished watching the Benin game again with a friend for him to see the lack of chemistry and big vs small boys issues I noticed on the field. Particularly annoying was Okoronkwo, who most of the time was on Olofinjana's case and the guy was subbed soon after he talked back. I hope the prayers of most on this forum is heard and he is benched for tomorrow's match. For me, if it will bring some understanding and chemistry at the back and make Okoronkwo more confident to deal with Mboma and Eto'o, Seyi should sit this one out. As for our Oga JJ, he must have the ball in the mid-field even if the player in possession sees a freer colleague. That has been the pattern in the last 3 games.

Maybe Lawal could be the DM for this game. He has done well in the position the few times he has been played there.
Take life je-je