Eagles still lack tactics –Keshi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Former Super Eagles skip-per, Stephen Keshi, said at the end of the Nigeria/Cameroun match on Sunday that the Eagles team still had a lot to do if it wanted to win the cup.

Keshi, who also was a former national coach told journalists that the Eagles still needed to improve on their play.

He said that what he saw of the team against Cameroun was short of one winning the championship, adding that work has to be done on all the departments of the team.

“The team won today, I am happy about that because I am a Nigerian, but again the truth has to be told, the team is still lacking in tactics which is what matters most. It still lacks character.

“Only Okocha and Kanu could be said to have performed well. They should be more solid as a team in their next match against Tunisia. This view is that of Keshi, a citizen of Nigeria and not Keshi, the BBC analyst,” he noted.

SOURCE: http://www.nigerian-tribune.com/Sports.htm#Eagles
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Keshi warns Eagles

Former Super Eagles skipper, Stephen Keshi, has warned the Nigerian side not to be carried away by the 2-1 victory over Cameroun if they hope to win the competition.

Keshi who is a commentator for BBC here explained that the Eagles should expect a stiffer match against the hosts Tunisia, in the semifinals.

The former Strasbough of France defender who had ealier given the Eagles some knocks in the tie against Benin Repubilc said the team needed to show enough character to move ahead in the competition.

He admitted that the team, though deserved to win against the Lions, still did not inspire him at some stages during the match.

“They need to change their chemistry and play like a team against the hosts who will be supported by over 60,000 spectators,” he said.

Although I will love Nigeria to win the match yet I think they need to step up their performance,” he added.

The Punch, Monday February 9th, 2004.
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Its good that he does this
eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

Keshi..if say na you wey talk like dis, abeg.....wetin you dey talk, my friend? If you be analyst, talk like analyst...so Yobo no play well, Enyeama nko? Lawal nko? all dem wey dey field nko? Wetin be the tactics wey dem dey lack...which character dem lack....no be character dem use win that match? All teams need work....a perfect team does not exist in the modern game. Keshi, please use you vast experience as a footballer and give us some better talk...if not, fermez ta bouche et soyez tranquille, immediatement!!!
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

It is good he is saying this before the SE start thinking that the trophy will be handed to them on a plate. The team still has to improve its attack and Kanu especially has to justify his play on the field with more than one good pass.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

The same tactics his (and Amodus) own team had in Mali or is this another kind?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cross
Egg
Egg

Post by Cross »

His comments are too ambigous. Please break it. The last time I checked, Chemistry is built over time, not after one or two training sessions. When he coached 2 yrs ago I failed to see any character or chemistry in our game against Senegal.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

theYemster wrote:The same tactics his (and Amodus) own team had in Mali or is this another kind?
The Yemster, that was a funny line...

But I think he meant "we don't really have a style" but we employed some tactics in the last game.... I would like us to continue building towards having a distinct style/form...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

Keshi had participated in coaching two different Nigerian teams Super Eagles and under 20, I did not observe whatever he is talking about in those teams. The proof of the pudding is in the eating. He could have demonstrated to Nigerians then, what a hell he is talking about right now.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

He is a disgruntled element
qwerty
Egg
Egg

Post by qwerty »

what keshi said is completly true.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

THANK YOU KESHI.... ... THE LAST OUTIN YOU AND AMODU MADE WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN OF SE IN ANC... PURPOSELESS AND WE COULDNT EVEN SCORE MORE THAN TWO GOALS.... THEN U TALK ABOUT TACTICS.... WHAT DOES HE KNOW ABOUT TACTICS......... GO GET A JOB
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

just jealous :cry: :cry:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

mmeny wrote:THANK YOU KESHI.... ... THE LAST OUTIN YOU AND AMODU MADE WAS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN OF SE IN ANC... PURPOSELESS AND WE COULDNT EVEN SCORE MORE THAN TWO GOALS.... THEN U TALK ABOUT TACTICS.... WHAT DOES HE KNOW ABOUT TACTICS......... GO GET A JOB

Apparently you were too young to watch the SE in 1982 :roll:
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

well thanks Keshi tell them
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

as a player, keshi was a great defender, he could tell that our defence is not good enough. CCC need to instruct yobo not to overlap atall, he should let abbey and udeze do the overlapping cos mr okoronkwo is not dependable.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

Keshi, give us specifics.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Keshi is sending coded messages to the team...MI5 style.. :lol:
Soldier of Fortune...
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Can someone tell him to shut his trap, after listening to his analysis on BBC, little wonder the teams he coached failed. He needs to go for proper coaching courses and stop being disgruntled.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

Keshi is right! Beating our greatest rival is not the same as winning ANC. Eagles still need to improve alot tactically. Tunisia is another hurdle to jump.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Bury ur head in the sand why dont you, or may be u just like watching long ball soccer and two isolated moments of isolated individual brilliance. We played well but the tactics were not that great
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

theYemster wrote:The same tactics his (and Amodus) own team had in Mali or is this another kind?
well spoken.
who no know go know.
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

I don't know what game Keshi was watching, but apart from Oga's freekick, he was mostly kept quite by IL midfielders who closed him down quickly.
Granted Kanu had a good game, can't lie about that, but he failed to see that there were more players who had a greater impact on the game.

Garba Lawal forced fed me two humble pies which tasted lovely.

Vincent was monumental in goal. He made his goalmouth area his own. Every cross he came for was met with a puch out or a catch, talk less of his shot stopping capabilites.

When it came to MOM he just said JJ because he scored.
Keshi should get some proper coaching courses under his belt, I am beginning to see why he failed with the U17 as well as with Amodu.

Having said this he still has a point, the SE are not cohesive yet.
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke