Lionel Messi is head and shoulders above Mikel Obi!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Lionel Messi is head and shoulders above Mikel Obi!

Post by omey2k4 »

No hate but that kid is a monster!His consistency has proved it for Barca so far.Gadamn the kid is worth everything people talk about on the field.Guys we know Obi is the new Jewel and the U-20 WYC was long time ago but peopel tryna compare them both need to stop at this moment.They are both different players but Messi is most highly rated than Obi,true story.FYI those that talk about that Final game in WYC thats the past and our whole squad were better than the Argentines but in making progress in carers U gotta give it up to these other players 4 real.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Lionel Messi is head and shoulders above Mikel Obi!

Post by YUJAM »

He scored two against Mallorca yesterday. I must say that Barca aint the same without Etoo
omey2k4 wrote:No hate but that kid is a monster!His consistency has proved it for Barca so far.Gadamn the kid is worth everything people talk about on the field.Guys we know Obi is the new Jewel and the U-20 WYC was long time ago but peopel tryna compare them both need to stop at this moment.They are both different players but Messi is most highly rated than Obi,true story.FYI those that talk about that Final game in WYC thats the past and our whole squad were better than the Argentines but in making progress in carers U gotta give it up to these other players 4 real.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

he is very good, but the advantage obi has is that he can play till his early 30's and still be on top of his game, cos his game is not based on pace, but passing and abilitu to read a game; but messi has got so much pace, and when he looses that as age catches up on him, he will have nothing else to rely on.
yes o
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

papilo wrote:he is very good, but the advantage obi has is that he can play till his early 30's and still be on top of his game, cos his game is not based on pace, but passing and abilitu to read a game; but messi has got so much pace, and when he looses that as age catches up on him, he will have nothing else to rely on.
I dont know what UR talking about but apart from pace,messi does know how to pass to in tight spaces and create space for himself effectively.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Omy2k4-Please dont become like Ayo. You should not let your objectivity become obscured due to personal vendetta. You dont admit it but since Obi spurned Manure, you have looked for every opportunity to down play this kid.

Obi is a phenomenal talent that is why Manure sought him the way they did. Were he playing for Manure banging in goals, distributing the ball and making all your wack players better, I doubt you would be saying 90% of the things you currently say.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

papilo wrote:he is very good, but the advantage obi has is that he can play till his early 30's and still be on top of his game, cos his game is not based on pace, but passing and abilitu to read a game; but messi has got so much pace, and when he looses that as age catches up on him, he will have nothing else to rely on.
stop talking bollocks
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

mke1010 wrote:Omy2k4-Please dont become like Ayo. You should not let your objectivity become obscured due to personal vendetta. You dont admit it but since Obi spurned Manure, you have looked for every opportunity to down play this kid.

Obi is a phenomenal talent that is why Manure sought him the way they did. Were he playing for Manure banging in goals, distributing the ball and making all your wack players better, I doubt you would be saying 90% of the things you currently say.
It has nothing to do with Man-United at all,i read comments on this board about how he was better than Messi because Obi outshined him in the finals.I am keeping it real and for the fact that i have seen it with my own eyes.I aint lying at all.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

messi over plays sometimes, and ends up giving balls away; but i am not doubting the fact that he is a great talent, but lets see where he is in 5 years.
yes o
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

messi plays like an 18 year old raw talent who has a great future, which he is, but obi plays like an experienced 28 year old who has been playing in europe for a long time.
yes o
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

Another case of Sour grapes... :lol: The same crowd came here to make rubbish noise when Messi played CL football as if e pass tapping leda... :shock:

Omey which yeye Messi you dey make mouth about sef, Despite being a forward Did he score on his full International debut?? Look either Mikel wants to play for Manure or not, he is a great player...

I doubt Messi is berra than Arsenal newboy Theo Walcott sef?? abi other than score goals what does Messi do?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

TT berra pass Messi sef, Messi ko Messanger ni.. :evil:
To God be the glory
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

Skylolo wrote:Another case of Sour grapes... :lol: The same crowd came here to make rubbish noise when Messi played CL football as if e pass tapping leda... :shock:

Omey which yeye Messi you dey make mouth about sef, Despite being a forward Did he score on his full International debut?? Look either Mikel wants to play for Manure or not, he is a great player...

I doubt Messi is berra than Arsenal newboy Theo Walcott sef?? abi other than score goals what does Messi do?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

lets not take anything away from the guy. he is good for his age, and he plays for a big team regularly, but imagine if obi had been in barca since age 13,what would he be like now. and i doubt if messi can come into any tournament like obi did, and come in aas a 2nd half sub, and change the game the way obi did.
yes o
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

lets look at it this way:

obi's first full debut: 1 assist, 1 goal

messi's firt full debut: sent off!
yes o
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Skylolo wrote:Another case of Sour grapes... :lol: The same crowd came here to make rubbish noise when Messi played CL football as if e pass tapping leda... :shock:

Sorry but u sound like a lost person.Scoring on an international debut dosent make any player better than others.Oruma scored on his International Debut for Nigeria against Uzbekistan in the 1st leg of the Afro Asian cup,so please look for a better way to speak on this issue Ms.

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

papilo wrote:

lets not take anything away from the guy. he is good for his age, and he plays for a big team regularly, but imagine if obi had been in barca since age 13,what would he be like now. and i doubt if messi can come into any tournament like obi did, and come in aas a 2nd half sub, and change the game the way obi did.
You dey mind them, a lot of people just come here and yearn complete Opaks. This Lionel Messi had already attended 2 football academies Rosario Central & San Lorenzo even before he signed for Barcelona's excellent youth set-up at 13...Basically he has been given a excellent football education so its no wonder he is this good at his age..

But look at Mikel Obi didn't get that excellent football education Messi got, hasn't played for almost a year and yet he looks a much better all round player on the Green Grass....Even scored and assisted in his senior debut, something Messi who is a forward cannot do.. :roll: Instead Messi got sent off because of his usual arrogant, reckless and petulant attitude on his debut....

And some people will come here and try to put the young man down? Surely their heads no dey house at all... :twisted:
To God be the glory
Sholuno
Egg
Egg

Post by Sholuno »

f*ck Messi
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

omey2k4 wrote:

Sorry but u sound like a lost person.Scoring on an international debut dosent make any player better than others.Oruma scored on his International Debut for Nigeria against Uzbekistan in the 1st leg of the Afro Asian cup,so please look for a better way to speak on this issue Ms.
You are the lost one my friend, anyone in his right senses knows that na bad bellism dey worry you...

Yourself and other Manure fans & Management need to be able to take NO as an answer, abi na by force?? :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Obi just needs to start playing some ball games pronto!
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg
Re: Lionel Messi is head and shoulders above Mikel Obi!

Post by so__so_scandalous »

omey2k4 wrote:No hate but that kid is a monster!His consistency has proved it for Barca so far.Gadamn the kid is worth everything people talk about on the field.Guys we know Obi is the new Jewel and the U-20 WYC was long time ago but peopel tryna compare them both need to stop at this moment.They are both different players but Messi is most highly rated than Obi,true story.FYI those that talk about that Final game in WYC thats the past and our whole squad were better than the Argentines but in making progress in carers U gotta give it up to these other players 4 real.
Your post lacks common sense....unless its a roundabout excuse to knock Mikel. In which case you should try being more direct and come out with it: " I think Mikel is overhyped on this forum". Simple and short. Its not hard to do.

Randomly bringing up an Argentinian player for Barcelona when everyone is busy discussing the ANC makes you look weak..
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

omey2k4 wrote:Scoring on an international debut dosent make any player better than others.
While I feel Obi and Messi are at par as far as talent (in their different positions), your comment above is so, so true, Omey2K4!!!
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

we have gotten so used to okocha's style of play, and we think for anyone to be a good playmaker, he must play like him. mikel does the simple things in football , and he does them well.
yes o
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Mr Omey,

You're getting, should I say... sounding like a broken record. Ever since the prospect of Obi knocking Oruma of materialized, you've sounded more like a million sour grapes.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

mr omey, if it's cos of oruma, me sef like oruma, and i believe he should start our next game(if jay jay is not fit), but please, no come critisize the guy o. he is special. him type no plenty for this world, talkless of naija
yes o
asabe
Egg
Egg

Post by asabe »

Messi is proving himself day in and day out in the highest level. Until Obi starts playing regular club football, we cannot compare him to Messi. Lastly how long will it be b4 the shriners turn on Obi.