Daily update from the Faro camp

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Daily update from the Faro camp

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I have just spoken to Chris Obodo. He said he is just arriving in camp this very minute. Actually, he has just moved into his room.

He and Greg Etafia are sharing rooms. I wanted to speak to Greg but got hold of Chris who said everything is fine. I think they will be going to training very soon, so I will ring back tonight to find out what the situation is.

Questions I shall be asking include:

(1) How many players are in camp
(2) Are the facilities good
(3) Are bonuses being paid
(4) Is the training morale boosting
(5) Is it just the English based players that are being awaited
(6) Do the players think anyone not invited should be there
(7) Is the technical team working on formations
(8) Have we learnt from past mistakes and begun working in Archilles heels like set pieces
(9) Do the players think they can win the ANC
(10) What should we put pressure on the NFA to further provide

Abeg, if you have any more questions for them, please put them down.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Nice job Mr Akinfe. I don dey get the Eagles' camping fever now.
...but with God all things are possible...
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

How come we no get any cyber spy for Faro
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

1 They should let us know if Chukwu is up to it.

2 Are the big boys behaving badly?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Is 'Ribo around?

The next question I would want asked can probably only be answered by Chukwu or Okocha or anyone who was around during the Westerhof era.

My first question is, how comparable is Faro to Pappendal and is there any physical trainer in camp to work on both their weightlitfing and cardio routines?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Good one Ayo,but i was wondering, the German league is on break, What is Agali doing ion LAgos when he should be in faro?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Baii wrote:How come we no get any cyber spy for Faro
Kick Off Chief and myself will provide daily coverage of what is going on. Do not worry. However, we have to be responsible too. These boys are there to train, so we cannot disrupt their programme.

We will not ring more than twice a day and will recognise the fact that they need to rest, train and be focused. I understand visitors have been banned, which I think is a good thing.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Chris Obodo has just arrived at Faro!!!

Post by YUJAM »

Ayo:
I get it then that Chris will miss Perugia's game against Juventus scheduled on the 6 Jan?

On another note, Obodo always seems to be on time when it comes to national engagements. The boy deserves some kudos for the love he has shown his country so far.

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I have just spoken to Chris Obodo. He said he is just arriving in camp this very minute. Actually, he has just moved into his room.

He and Greg Etafia are sharing rooms. I wanted to speak to Greg but got hold of Chris who said everything is fine. I think they will be going to training very soon, so I will ring back tonight to find out what the situation is.

Questions I shall be asking include:

(1) How many players are in camp
(2) Are the facilities good
(3) Are bonuses being paid
(4) Is the training morale boosting
(5) Is it just the English based players that are being awaited
(6) Do the players think anyone not invited should be there
(7) Is the technical team working on formations
(8) Have we learnt from past mistakes and begun working in Archilles heels like set pieces
(9) Do the players think they can win the ANC
(10) What should we put pressure on the NFA to further provide

Abeg, if you have any more questions for them, please put them down.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Baii wrote:How come we no get any cyber spy for Faro
Kick Off Chief and myself will provide daily coverage of what is going on. Do not worry. However, we have to be responsible too. These boys are there to train, so we cannot disrupt their programme.

We will not ring more than twice a day and will recognise the fact that they need to rest, train and be focused. I understand visitors have been banned, which I think is a good thing.

Ayo abeg refrain from naming your source.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:On another note, Obodo always seems to be on time when it comes to national engagements. The boy deserves some kudos for the love he has shown his country so far.
You just couldn't help sneaking that in could you :?:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffi, good point. If it is a controversial point, of course I will not name the player. However, for harmless things like this, there is no problem.

I am drawing up a list of about six players who I will be talking to. Kick Off Chief will do the same, so that we have a good spread of opinion across the camp.

Obviously, if any of them criticizes Chukwu, we will not say who it it.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yemster:
Given the circumstances surrounding camp, I could not resist the urge! :lol:

I think it does speak volumes though that among all the heralded pros, he is the first to arrive.
theYemster wrote:
YUJAM wrote:On another note, Obodo always seems to be on time when it comes to national engagements. The boy deserves some kudos for the love he has shown his country so far.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

theYemster wrote:

Nothing is missed on this site. Nothing. All motives are checked and reexamined.

Nice Job Ayo!!!!

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo what about your new best friend, Seyi Olofinjana? How come he isn't in camp yet?
Last edited by theYemster on Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

YUJAM wrote:Yemster:
Given the circumstances surrounding camp, I could not resist the urge! :lol:

I think it does speak volumes though that among all the heralded pros, he is the first to arrive.
theYemster wrote:
Despite the fact say them nor pay him bonus and dem give real rubbish for Abuja, the Bobo stand up first. The thing wey surprise me be say he even manage negotiate with that him craze man Chairman for Perugia.

Obodo is a star.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

theYemster wrote:Ayo what about your new best friend, Seyi Olofinjana? How come he isn't in camp yet?
Ayo, you see why I say nor dey name your source. See as Yemster dey harrass Seyi indirectly. Abeg back off, Seyi must have his reasons why he is not in camp. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

According to what Chukwu told me earlier today, taribo is due to arrive either later this evening, or early tomorrow morning.

They did some light work out yesterday and only really started serious work this afternoon.

I will speak with Chukwu again later today to find out the condition of the players and how they are all doing.

I will also be speaking with a number of players like Ayo has said. So between us, nothing will be left untouched.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

KickOff Chief wrote:According to what Chukwu told me earlier today, taribo is due to arrive either later this evening, or early tomorrow morning.

They did some light work out yesterday and only really started serious work this afternoon.

I will speak with Chukwu again later today to find out the condition of the players and how they are all doing.

I will also be speaking with a number of players like Ayo has said. So between us, nothing will be left untouched.
Cheers guys. Una do well. I shall look for the salacious gossip and start a war on the forum. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

KickOff Chief wrote:According to what Chukwu told me earlier today, taribo is due to arrive either later this evening, or early tomorrow morning.

KOC...can you ask CCC if he's sure this time that Pastor taribo is willing to play among "junk players" :D .
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

And while we are at it, Ayo can you change the subject to something like "FAro Camp News" so that we dont have a thread for every new report we have.

It also helps folks to go straight to the thread for what they need. No need to make it a sticky. It will stick itself :D :D
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

theYemster wrote:Ayo what about your new best friend, Seyi Olofinjana? How come he isn't in camp yet?

I hope you are not about to hold Ayo responsible for Seyi's actions :wink: . But I do like the little bombs you throw on the site. It makes things interesting. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

Ayo, This is a serious matter, CCC might just be forced to separate the devine Obodo - Olofinjana combo if the guy doesn't show up on time at faro. That might just send you into a rage...better get in touch with the bobo.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I have just spoken to another player, who said there about 16 of them in camp. They are:

Chris Obodo
George Abbey
Garba Lawal
Chukwudi Nowrgu
Greg Etafia
All the others are home based.

They have begun training and the condsitions are not too bad. However, he said are not too happy about the fact that the bulk of the team has not showed up, as they cannot begin serious team work until they do.

However, there may be financial troubles brewing as all the costing was done in dollars and they are having to make payments in euros. As the exchange rate is about e70 to the dollar, the team is running out of cash, so word has been sent to the NFA to replenish the funds.

The team is actually not training again tonight and the players have the rest of the day off. All that nonsense about mobile phones being banned is rubbish. I have already got a few mobile phone numbers.