AMUN: (resumes) control of FA Office

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
AMUN: (resumes) control of FA Office

Post by Enugu II »

Amun Takes Over Glass House
(culled from Nigeriansportsonline)

Following Tuesday’s dissolution of Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima-led board, acting Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA), Fanny Amun has been told to oversee the full running of the Glass House.
Nigeriansportsonline.com impeccable source in Abuja revealed on Wednesday that the sports ministry has ordered Fanny Amun to run the NFA until fresh election is conducted in August.

Paramount before Amun would be how to ensure that Falconets get the necessary attention in their build-up towards the FIFA U-19 Women World Cup in Russia in August.

With the FA Congress over, the NFA scribe is faced with the daunting task of ensuring that Falconets proposed trip to Ukraine did not go up in flames at a time when Nigeria’s opponents are engaging in top grade international friendlies ahead of the U-19 World Cup.

Besides, the acting NFA scribe would also attempt to parley with Ghana Football Association (GFA) chieftains on how to guarantee the presence of their best legs for the August 18 international friendly billed for London.

BY DAVID MESHIOYE
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
aranka5
Egg
Egg

Post by aranka5 »

Ayo,
I thot u said Glass house go close shop.Cuz everything start and ends with Galadima.
Nupe Proverb;If a fowl is scratching the soil for food, it may unearth the knife that will be used in slaughtering it’’.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

aranka5 wrote:Ayo,
I thot u said Glass house go close shop.Cuz everything start and ends with Galadima.
This is the beginning of the end. I for one am not going to have anything to do with the NFA as long as Fanny Amun is in charge.

Watch him start making unrealistic demands on potential opponents. He will be expecting $100,000 match fees along with accomodation, transport and everything else.

As per this Ghana game, if it happens, I am not going to do any of the usual running around. I will just turn up like a fan, buy my ticket and watch the game like everyone else.
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Hoooray...this is fantastic news...let the demonstration of craze continue... :lol:
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mister Dolly wrote:Hoooray...this is fantastic news...let the demonstration of craze continue... :lol:
When our players start ringing people like Larry, Waffiman and myself for lifts and accomodation details, I will bring it to the notice of the forum. I hope all those Adamu and Amun apologists will be prepared to take up the gauntlet because I am passing on this one.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

I weep for Nigerian football.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:Hoooray...this is fantastic news...let the demonstration of craze continue... :lol:
When our players start ringing people like Larry, Waffiman and myself for lifts and accomodation details, I will bring it to the notice of the forum. I hope all those Adamu and Amun apologists will be prepared to take up the gauntlet because I am passing on this one.
Seriously though, why would those players be calling you or anyone else for assistance? Are they not exposed enough to get a cab/hotel or get a contact address from the NFA before they travel to any game?

They are professionals for Christ's sakes.
Last edited by balo on Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Dog Bruno
Egg
Egg

Post by Dog Bruno »

balo wrote:
Seriously though, why would those players be calling you or anyone else for assistance? Are they not exposed enough to get a cab/hotel or get a contact address from the NFA before the travel to any game?

He makes all the fufu run for the players and coach.......don't you think it's highly important?
You are Your Own Dog
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
This is the beginning of the end. I for one am not going to have anything to do with the NFA as long as Fanny Amun is in charge.

Watch him start making unrealistic demands on potential opponents. He will be expecting $100,000 match fees along with accomodation, transport and everything else.

As per this Ghana game, if it happens, I am not going to do any of the usual running around. I will just turn up like a fan, buy my ticket and watch the game like everyone else.
Ayo, you were fired alone with Galadima from that post! Someone else will take your post before the game in London!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

balo wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Seriously though, why would those players be calling you or anyone else for assistance? Are they not exposed enough to get a cab/hotel or get a contact address from the NFA before the travel to any game?

Are you actually listening to the wanker? :roll:
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:This is the beginning of the end. I for one am not going to have anything to do with the NFA as long as Fanny Amun is in charge.

That's what you should be doing in the first place since you are not employed by the NFA!!!
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Despite it being Fanny Amun,it only makes sense that the NFA Secretariat be run by the present Acting SG until next month especially in view of our immediately pending engagements.Amun will leave thereafter.Enough of the hue and cry about Galadima.He roundly deserves his exit.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

kulu wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:This is the beginning of the end. I for one am not going to have anything to do with the NFA as long as Fanny Amun is in charge.

That's what you should be doing in the first place since you are not employed by the NFA!!!
I beg to disagree on this one. If Ayo has been stepping up to the responsibility due to NFA negligence, he has to be commended. Not hounded.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I hope that does not mean to say our players are:

1. beggers
2. don't know their ways around
3. don't have the means to move to their hotels
4. don't have the financial resources to foot their bills.
5. don't have any clue about the game plans
6. don't know whom to turn to for assistance unless Ayo.
7. don't know their super eagleswelfare officer
8. don't have any logistic arrangement from NFA.
9. don't know their hotel rooms
10. don't know who to help them for their lundary and shoe shining?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

cchinukw wrote:
kulu wrote:

I beg to disagree on this one. If Ayo has been stepping up to the responsibility due to NFA negligence, he has to be commended. Not hounded.
KPOM!!!
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Ayo,

Don't you think it's about time the players start taking initiative themselves first by having a say in a lot of this issues that is taking place off the field instead of behaving like it doesn't concern them? It's this same kind of "E no concern mi attitude" that cost us the world and the way they played in the ANC because to many of them especially the veterans do not want to speak out and say anything that affects our futbol as a whole and are only interested in the games they are going to play, who gets to start and who gets to play. Shame on all of them are they should also be held responsible for all the mess our futbol is in at the moment.

Why can they form a united front amongst themselves and take a stand on some the issues affecting our game? Instead they choose to run away from it and behave it doesn't concern them. They are as guilty as Fanny Amun, Galadima, Adamu and others....

They knew CCC was a CARETAKER but yet they kept quiet and went along for the ride because it suited them to do whatever they wanted knowing they could get away with it without facing any consequences for their actions. They sat back and allowed NFA to take a crucial WC qualifying match to a place that didn't suit them and should have made taken a stand on it. We drew other crucial matches in Kigali and Libreville because they weren't serious and could care less.

The SE is now a lost cause and let them sleep at Heathrow Airport when they arrive next month. The airport is big enough to hold the entire team....

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Vindave,

The work of Ayo and others should be commended but it's time the players start speaking out on some of the key issues affecting our futbol. For how long do they expect people to be running around for them if they don't start talking and let it be known they will not accept any of chaos going on at the moment. Enough is enough :evil: . Their idea is to sit back and watch things fall apart while they think their role is only to play. If we don't have a futbol team anymore so be it.... Let it all fall apart since nobody from the crooked administrators to the players care anyway... Every man for himself... Totall shame... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Vindave wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
I hope that does not mean to say our players are:

1. beggers
2. don't know their ways around
3. don't have the means to move to their hotels
4. don't have the financial resources to foot their bills.
5. don't have any clue about the game plans
6. don't know whom to turn to for assistance unless Ayo.
7. don't know their super eagleswelfare officer
8. don't have any logistic arrangement from NFA.
9. don't know their hotel rooms
10. don't know who to help them for their lundary and shoe shining?
Last edited by MI5 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

obong itatex wrote:Despite it being Fanny Amun,it only makes sense that the NFA Secretariat be run by the present Acting SG until next month especially in view of our immediately pending engagements.Amun will leave thereafter.Enough of the hue and cry about Galadima.He roundly deserves his exit.
Really...how do you know that...how are you sure that the August elections would not lead to another bout of wranglings if it doesn't go the way Adamu and co wants...you grossly underestimate Amun my friend, and you need to find out why the guy has stayed so long in that position..
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

MI5 wrote:Ayo,

Don't you think it's about time the players start taking initiative themselves first by having a say in a lot of this issues that is taking place off the field instead of behaving like it doesn't concern them? It's this same kind of "E no concern mi attitude" that cost us the world and the way they played in the ANC because to many of them especially the veterans do not want to speak out and say anything that affects our futbol as a whole and are only interested in the games they are going to play, who gets to start and who gets to play. Shame on all of them are they should also be held responsible for all the mess our futbol is in at the moment.

Why can they form a united front amongst themselves and take a stand on some the issues affecting our game? Instead they choose to run away from it and behave it doesn't concern them. They are as guilty as Fanny Amun, Galadima, Adamu and others....

They knew CCC was a CARETAKER but yet they kept quiet and went along for the ride because it suited them to do whatever they wanted knowing they could get away with it without facing any consequences for their actions. They sat back and allowed NFA to take a crucial WC qualifying match to a place that didn't suit them and should have made taken a stand on it. We drew other crucial matches in Kigali and Libreville because they weren't serious and could care less.

The SE is now a lost cause and let them sleep at Heathrow Airport when they arrive next month. The airport is big enough to hold the entire team....
:D :D :D True words!
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Crazy demonstration :o
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ayo, please don't. How will the NFA ever survive without your input? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You guys are funny as hell.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kulu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kulu »

cchinukw wrote:
kulu wrote:

Commended? Whosai??!!

Since Fanny Amun has been in office all this while, and Ayo has too, then he (Ayo) is part of the problem, too!
"How can someone qualify his country for the World Cup and then, because he lost a match, everyone is saying they should sack him. Please allow the man to do his work. Nobody is perfect, but if someone can qualify his country for the World Cup, then he deserves some respect. I even heard that it is the second time he has qualified Nigeria for the World Cup. That is huge". - French legend Alain Giresse on Nigeria's Shuaibu Amodu, 2010