Galadima Speaks Up on Why He fought Till the End

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Galadima Speaks Up on Why He fought Till the End

Post by Enugu II »

Why I fought on for long — Galadima By Tony Ubani
Posted to the Web: Friday, July 21, 2006

FA Chairman Ibrahim Galadima appeared unruffled even after the verdict that cost him his FA job in Nigeria. Many people were even taken aback when he spoke eloquently about the future of Nigerian football. Many people asked if this was not the same person that held Nigerian football at the jugular. Sports Vanguard, in our refreshingly different style, took Galadima on why he stayed too long in the hot seat even when many Nigerians lost faith in him.

“It is unfortunate that many people did not know my aim for fighting. I was fighting for the independence of Nigerian football. We have been in the woods for long and I wanted to change things for the better for Nigerian football. I don’t have any regrets for hanging in there. But, I am sure that one day, so many people will remember that Galadima was here. They will realise why I insisted on the rule of law and not to allow charlatans have their way. It is unfortunate that we did not qualify for the World Cup and that remains the cross on which many Nigerians will easily crucify me. I’m sad that we did not qualify for the World Cup. But, Nigerians misunderstood me when I said that the world Cup was not Nigeria’s birthright. If you say it is our birth right, then work hard or not, we must qualify. Qualification being a birth right means you may not even have to play to qualify since it is your birth right.
What I meant by that is that we should be adequately prepared for the World and not take things for granted. That was misconstrued
. But, I know that Nigerians were equally angered by the fact that we did not qualify and they took it to mean another thing. Do you know that there was a time we agreed on a company that had more attractions for Nigerian football but the Ministry thought otherwise and forced us to accept another company?

Things like that should not be done in an organised sector. They are part of my problems. If the FA had some respect or some quasi independence, that would not have happened. Have you forgotten that NFA went for a foreign coach and actually chose one but the ministry turned it down and later everybody started regretting but the damage had been done. We might have qualified for the World Cup if we had a foreign coach. The ministry stopped that and when the damage was done, many forgot and blamed only the FA. I only wanted the best for Nigerian football but so many marketers, leeches, and those who feed fat on Nigerian football saw me as a hurdle and did everything to remove me. Time will definitely tell and people will come to realise that I meant well for Nigerian football. There is an extent to which you can fight.

I had plausible reasons to continue to fight but I had to give in when it became apparent that many people were personalising the fight for Nigerian football. Many things went wrong at the Congress but I decided to give peace a chance. I really want Nigerian football move away from the woods and I want competent hands to be in-charge, not individuals who would become stooges for those people who think that football is meant for them and their pockets. Honestly, time will tell and I cannot wait for it to happen so that the log in the eyes of my antagonists will be removed. I am born for sports and football and I will remain for football. I pray that those who will take over have the fear of God to take us to the El-dorado. That is my wish for Nigerian football. Brazil have nothing other than football. And I wanted Nigerian football to be like that or even more. Because we have the talents to be like them. But, I have no regrets because I meant well for Nigerian football”, Galadima said.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Note that KickOff is reporting that Gara-Gombe has begun contacting members of Stakeholders to be accepted back!!

Shut up! Pinnick tells Gombe!

The drums are still out and the celebration is not abating. Stakeholders are still drunk in celebration for the ouster of Alhaji Ibrahim Galadima. But Delta FA Chairman, Pinnick Amaju yesterday said that those in Galadima’s camp should not sulk over the verdict to go back to elections. Also, he had harsh words for Gombe FA Chairman, Alhaji Gara Gombe. “You have no moral justification to say that you have lost confidence in FIFA.

You are a small boy who does not know his left from his right”. Pinnick, known for his one-man fight against the administration of Galadima said that Gombe was the one who started the war against Galadima but jumped ship because of his material desires were not met by former Sports Minister, Dr Saidu Sambawa. “He(Gombe) was at the forefront of those against Galadima. He benefitted financially and traveled to Egypt on the ticket of the Ministry.

But once he discovered that the Ministry were no longer willing in dolling out money, he jumped ship. “He should shut up. He has no conscience and people should not look up to him as a genuine football man”. Pinnick said that he with Gombe and Barrister Green started the fight against Galadima. “The two moved over the board but I remained consistent with my fight. Not that I have anything against Galadima.

I only discovered that he has lost focus about Nigerian football. But he remains an honest man.
We should all be glad because we are working to redeem Nigerian football and bring it back to the road of glory. Those of them who are sulking and finding excuses should all join the moving train or shut up, forever”, Amaju emphasised.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ministry moves to take over NFA
By Olukayode Thomas

IF the list of those jostling for the exalted position of the chairmanship of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) following the recent dissolution of the Ibrahim Galadima-led board is anything to go by, football may lose its autonomy in Nigeria.

For ages, the football association has been nothing but an extension of the Sports Ministry.

During the last days of Galadima's first tenure, it was semi-autonomous until he was removed. His removal is seen as part of the grand plot by the Ministry of Sports to take over the day to day running of football in Nigeria.

Galadima, a former lackey of the ministry, fell out with the government when he wanted to start running football in line with global norms. From the moment he fell out with the government, people were determined to remove him from the post.

His re-election bid was a hard-fought battle. Even when he was re-elected, he never knew peace. An illegal body called "The Stakeholder" fought the Galadima-led board till his removal on Tuesday. Efforts to remove him would not have been successful but for the likes of Taiwo Ogunjobi and other board members who were used as tools to destabilise the board.

The list of those said to be interested in the chairmanship includes Mainnasara Ilo, a former sports journalist who served in COJA, the body that organised the Abuja 2003 All Africa Games. Ilo was the deputy to Amos Adamu, the head of COJA.

If Ilo's performance at COJA was used as yardstick, then he is not the best man for the job, as the organisation of the Abuja Games was described by local and international participants and observers as the worst all Africa Games ever.

Lumbah Adeh, a candidate in the last December election who tried to ride on the back of the former Minister of Sports, Samaila Sambawa, but failed, is also said to be interested.

Sanni Lulu, who actually had Sambawa's backing for the last election, is another candidate. Danladi Bako, another former journalist and chairman of 2010 Africa Nations Cup bid, is also in the race.

Former Secretary General of the NFA, Sani Toro, according to a local website, is being favoured to become the next chairman of the soccer body. With fresh elections now fixed for August, Toro has emerged as a strong candidate for the NFA chairmanship position.

Toro, who is presently serving as a member of the Nigerian Federal House of Representatives, wants to return to the main stream of the nation's football ahead of the expiration of his current post next year.

General elections are coming up in Nigeria in mid 2007 and Toro, who served as NFA Secretary General for more than six years in the early 1990s, is looking to move to the pinnacle of Nigerian football administration instead of seeking re-election.

The chairmanship of the NFA has been zoned to the north by the sports ministry and Toro, who has also served as Commissioner of Sports in Bauchi State, is from the northern Nigeria.

As the contest for the post of NFA chairman hots up, the post of secretary general of the incoming board seems to have been settled.

The new board that will come into place in August is expected to appoint a secretary general and the ministry of sports, which has zoned the post to the South West, is favouring one of its longest serving staff that has worked at the NFA, Bolaji Ojo Oba.

Meanwhile, Galadima has revealed that he would not be in contention to return to the board when fresh elections are conducted in August. He was yet to return to his Kano base. A close confidant of the former Kano State Commissioner for Sports said: "I spoke with Alhaji Galadima after yesterday's events in Abuja and I can tell you he is taking it in good faith.

"One thing is for sure though: he is not going to contest during the new elections that have been called.

"He believes he has served the nation diligently and to the best of his ability and should now give another person the opportunity to serve. Another person should continue the good work he started.

"I know there were a lot of forces against his re-election, but Alhaji Galadima is thanking Nigerians for the opportunity given him to serve. He believes that what happened (the dissolution of the board) was destined by Allah.

"It was Allah that said he will end his tenure as NFA chairman yesterday and he can only be grateful that he was given such a chance to serve Nigerians."

Football buffs and other class of sports administrators posited that the crises that rocked Nigerian football are part of the grand design by Amos Adamu, director of sports development in the sports ministry, to bring football under is deparment.

While he occupied the post before he was made the head of COJA, Adamu ensured that only his larckey is NFA chairman or Secretary General.

Those that dared to assert their independece never lived to tell the story as NFA chairman.They include Samson Emeka Omeruah, who was removed despite leading the nation's U-23 team to win gold in Atlanta Olympics, and two years earlier, the Africa Nations Cup in Tunisia. Others are Abdulmunini Aminu, Dominic Oneya, Anhtony Kojo Williams and now, Galadima.

Most of those favoured to win the next NFA chairmanship are Adamu's friends and associates like Ilo and Bako. Ojo-Oba, favoured to be the NFA scribe, is long term ally and Director of Games Services during the Abuja 2003 All Africa Games.

Another shadow over the next election is the personality of the scribe of the electoral body, Charles Ojugbana, who was involved in some scandals as a sports administrator.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sports Ministry take over Nigeria's 2008 Africa Nations Cup preparation
••• As Eguavoen parleys with Adamu in Abuja

BY ADE OJEIKERE in Abuja
Sports Ministry has taken over Nigeria's preparation for the September 2 African Nations Cup qualifying match between the Super Eagles and their Niger Republic counterpart slated for the Abuja National Stadium, following the dissolution of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) board by stakeholders forum on Tuesday.

And to underline the Nigerian government's resolve to avert the situation that would prevent the Eagles from not qualifying for the 2008 Africa Nations Cup Championhip that would be hosted by Ghana, Director of Sports, Amos Adamu met with the Eagles chief coach, Austin Eguavoen in Abuja on Wednesday morning to explain his plans for the team and then work out the financial requirement and other logistics details.

Eguavoen who had hoped to use the August 15 international friendly between Nigeria and Ghana in London as a warm-up game to assemble the players that would prosecute the September 2 Africa Nations Cup qualifier declined comments when NewAgeSports sought his views on the outcome of his discussions with Dr. Adamu.

However, Dr Adamu had informed NewAgeSports in Abuja on Tuesday that the Sports Ministry has taken full charge of Nigeria's preparation for the international engagement stressed that the pain Nigerians went through watching the 2006 World Cup matches without the Eagles in Germany would never happen again.

According to Adamu: " I have put my two feet firmly in the activities of the NFA and I will not tolerate any mediocre performance. Do not forget that the NFA is a parastatal under my department and we must take the administration of our football to the level where other big footballing nations are," Adamu stressed. "I can tell you categorically that ruffians would not be allowed into our football administration. We would screen everyone that are ready to administer our football and this is instructive. FIFA also feel strongly about this, having experienced some of them in all the meetings held with the world governing body. Nigeria is the flagship of Africa in terms of ranking and our administration must attain such heights for the game to truly move to the next level,'' Adamu added.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

After that election, many Nigerians thought it was the end of the beginning - the dawn of a new era - but I personally think this is just the beginning of the end - the new era is still far away. We have only returned to total control of the Sports Ministry - that is certainly not what true Nigerian soccer followers are fighting for. But this is our Nigeria, at least Galadima is gone... one down, many more to go. :wink: :wink:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Galadima Speaks Up on Why He fought Till the End

Post by MI5 »

He had his chance to get things going but he didn't do anything. You do not bite the hands that feed you...

E2,

Open question to you.. If you were in Galadima's shoes, would you have been waiting for the sports ministry to book your hotel accomodation, make car arrangements and others? Thanks...

Enugu II wrote:

FA Chairman Ibrahim Galadima appeared unruffled even after the verdict that cost him his FA job in Nigeria. Many people were even taken aback when he spoke eloquently about the future of Nigerian football. Many people asked if this was not the same person that held Nigerian football at the jugular. Sports Vanguard, in our refreshingly different style, took Galadima on why he stayed too long in the hot seat even when many Nigerians lost faith in him.

“It is unfortunate that many people did not know my aim for fighting. I was fighting for the independence of Nigerian football. We have been in the woods for long and I wanted to change things for the better for Nigerian football. I don’t have any regrets for hanging in there. But, I am sure that one day, so many people will remember that Galadima was here. They will realise why I insisted on the rule of law and not to allow charlatans have their way. It is unfortunate that we did not qualify for the World Cup and that remains the cross on which many Nigerians will easily crucify me. I’m sad that we did not qualify for the World Cup. But, Nigerians misunderstood me when I said that the world Cup was not Nigeria’s birthright. If you say it is our birth right, then work hard or not, we must qualify. Qualification being a birth right means you may not even have to play to qualify since it is your birth right.
What I meant by that is that we should be adequately prepared for the World and not take things for granted. That was misconstrued
. But, I know that Nigerians were equally angered by the fact that we did not qualify and they took it to mean another thing. Do you know that there was a time we agreed on a company that had more attractions for Nigerian football but the Ministry thought otherwise and forced us to accept another company?

Things like that should not be done in an organised sector. They are part of my problems. If the FA had some respect or some quasi independence, that would not have happened. Have you forgotten that NFA went for a foreign coach and actually chose one but the ministry turned it down and later everybody started regretting but the damage had been done. We might have qualified for the World Cup if we had a foreign coach. The ministry stopped that and when the damage was done, many forgot and blamed only the FA. I only wanted the best for Nigerian football but so many marketers, leeches, and those who feed fat on Nigerian football saw me as a hurdle and did everything to remove me. Time will definitely tell and people will come to realise that I meant well for Nigerian football. There is an extent to which you can fight.

I had plausible reasons to continue to fight but I had to give in when it became apparent that many people were personalising the fight for Nigerian football. Many things went wrong at the Congress but I decided to give peace a chance. I really want Nigerian football move away from the woods and I want competent hands to be in-charge, not individuals who would become stooges for those people who think that football is meant for them and their pockets. Honestly, time will tell and I cannot wait for it to happen so that the log in the eyes of my antagonists will be removed. I am born for sports and football and I will remain for football. I pray that those who will take over have the fear of God to take us to the El-dorado. That is my wish for Nigerian football. Brazil have nothing other than football. And I wanted Nigerian football to be like that or even more. Because we have the talents to be like them. But, I have no regrets because I meant well for Nigerian football”, Galadima said.
Soldier of Fortune...
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

M15:

No. IMO, Galadima made blunders in not acting as if a battle was on. As I had posted severally, he appeared to be a man willing to so easily make concessions or trust in others. That in the end did him in.

However, he will remain a man who indeed fought for some independence of the FA. That fight was important but he failed to actualize it because he made some unnecessary concessions and the fight may have been so distracting that he failed to build a needed coalition with the business class. If he had built such a coalition then it would have been far more difficult for the MInistry to upstage him.

M15, the most baffling thing is the belief in CE that this fight was about WC non-qualification. It was far from that. Instead, the WC non-qualification was used as a camouflage to hoodwink the public and ask for the FA's dissolution. If the SE had qualified for the WC, another reason would have been found "delaying bonus payments to teams or failing to pay them" (recall, that the MInistry had begun to delay these funds). This is exactly what happened when Amodu was removed because of a list of battles with the FA. The camouflage was "poor performance at the ANC and use of tired legs." We know the truth today -- it was he threat not to go to London for the Japan friendly if players' bonuses were not left at an agree figure and then his battle with the Minister and Ekeji. Ask yourself, how many FAs quit because a team fails to make the WC? There are few FAs that would do this. Reason is that the guy(s) who usually take that fall are the technical crew and, perhaps, key veterans.

Let me also add that the fact that the MInistry is charged with Sports in Nigeria does not necesarily mean that they should micromanage sports. We have a Ministry of Communications but yet the companies that offer that service are largely independent providers who simply followguidelines outlined for service provision. The Ministry of Sports can and should merely provide grants to help in the development of football and other sports. Other entities such as the FA may then apply for these grants and are evaluated on the use of the said grants. In such a case, the Ministry should not be involved in determining who is the FA Chairman or the daily operation of the FA. That is a workable relationship and one that exists worldwide in so many other spheres.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enugu II, after reading this arrogant claptrap from Amos Adamu, is there any need for NFA elections at all? Adamu has made it clear that he is not interested in an independent NFA and he sees the FA as an extension of his department.

If the likes of Ilo, Bako, Lulu and Adeh had any dignity, they would insist on him withdrawing those comments before they stand. I for one will have nothing to do with the NFA while he remains in charge.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg
Re: Galadima Speaks Up on Why He fought Till the End

Post by ojafranpa »

MI5 wrote:He had his chance to get things going but he didn't do anything. You do not bite the hands that feed you...

E2,

Open question to you.. If you were in Galadima's shoes, would you have been waiting for the sports ministry to book your hotel accomodation, make car arrangements and others? Thanks...

Enugu II wrote:

M15,
Plz,at times u really ve to bite those hands if it is not moving you forward,Saul and David.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Enugu II wrote:M15:

No. IMO, Galadima made blunders in not acting as if a battle was on. As I had posted severally, he appeared to be a man willing to so easily make concessions or trust in others. That in the end did him in.

However, he will remain a man who indeed fought for some independence of the FA. That fight was important but he failed to actualize it because he made some unnecessary concessions and the fight may have been so distracting that he failed to build a needed coalition with the business class. If he had built such a coalition then it would have been far more difficult for the MInistry to upstage him.

M15, the most baffling thing is the belief in CE that this fight was about WC non-qualification. It was far from that. Instead, the WC non-qualification was used as a camouflage to hoodwink the public and ask for the FA's dissolution. If the SE had qualified for the WC, another reason would have been found "delaying bonus payments to teams or failing to pay them" (recall, that the MInistry had begun to delay these funds). This is exactly what happened when Amodu was removed because of a list of battles with the FA. The camouflage was "poor performance at the ANC and use of tired legs." We know the truth today -- it was he threat not to go to London for the Japan friendly if players' bonuses were not left at an agree figure and then his battle with the Minister and Ekeji. Ask yourself, how many FAs quit because a team fails to make the WC? There are few FAs that would do this. Reason is that the guy(s) who usually take that fall are the technical crew and, perhaps, key veterans.

Let me also add that the fact that the MInistry is charged with Sports in Nigeria does not necesarily mean that they should micromanage sports. We have a Ministry of Communications but yet the companies that offer that service are largely independent providers who simply followguidelines outlined for service provision. The Ministry of Sports can and should merely provide grants to help in the development of football and other sports. Other entities such as the FA may then apply for these grants and are evaluated on the use of the said grants. In such a case, the Ministry should not be involved in determining who is the FA Chairman or the daily operation of the FA. That is a workable relationship and one that exists worldwide in so many other spheres.
E11, thanks. The more I read into all of this and seeing the statements from those who have ousted Galadima, the more I realise, I misunderstood the man.

Only time will tell if the PDP people will not put the final nail in the coffin of football.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Waffiman wrote:
E11, thanks. The more I read into all of this and seeing the statements from those who have ousted Galadima, the more I realise, I misunderstood the man.

Only time will tell if the PDP people will not put the final nail in the coffin of football.
Waffi, in a year's time we shall all be crying for Galadima to come back. I am not going to get tainted by association with this current charade, just watch them crucify Nigerian football.
aranka5
Egg
Egg

Post by aranka5 »

Ayo,
Why would anyone in his right mind cry or miss Galadima.You probably forgot that we are all living witnesses to his first and only term tenure as FA Chairman.
Nupe Proverb;If a fowl is scratching the soil for food, it may unearth the knife that will be used in slaughtering it’’.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Blah, blah, blah...
Brown-envelope journalism at its worst!

The only "independence" rationally associated with Galadima...
Should be independence from intelligence and knowledge.

<
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Woteva, bottomline the wanker failed...end of story! Everything else IMO is eye candy. Re-electing a collossal failure goes against everything our footie should stand for.

The wanker was there how many years yet he didn't fight for independence...when his wants to win an election suddenly he remembers about FA independence? :roll:

Adamu too will meet his waterloo. The wheel of fate grinds slowly but surely.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

theYemster wrote:Woteva, bottomline the wanker failed...end of story! Everything else IMO is eye candy. Re-electing a collossal failure goes against everything our footie should stand for.

The wanker was there how many years yet he didn't fight for independence...when his wants to win an election suddenly he remembers about FA independence? :roll:

At what expense...our 2010 qualification..olboy you really need to be more rational with your postings..

Sounds to me that you really don't mind Adamu tying the apron strings of the NFA to his Ministry.. :shock:

@ GOTTI, how convenient that you would rubbish the reports as brown envelope journalism just so you can further villify Galadima..
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Mister Dolly wrote:@ GOTTI, how convenient that you would rubbish the reports as brown envelope journalism just so you can further villify Galadima..
Dude, no one needs anything to villify Galadima...
Mr. Galadima does a banged-up job of villifying himself!

<
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Mister Dolly wrote:
theYemster wrote:Woteva, bottomline the wanker failed...end of story! Everything else IMO is eye candy. Re-electing a collossal failure goes against everything our footie should stand for.

At what expense...our 2010 qualification..olboy you really need to be more rational with your postings..

Sounds to me that you really don't mind Adamu tying the apron strings of the NFA to his Ministry.. :shock:

@ GOTTI, how convenient that you would rubbish the reports as brown envelope journalism just so you can further villify Galadima..
Whatever Dolly. Galadima was there in 2006 and yet we failed. I see no reason why him being there would guarantee our success in 2010. You don't get a second chance to make a first impression. either way Amos Adamu would still be in the mix and I'm sorry but I just don't see Galadima doing squat.

By the way you all keep talking about Government interference...what specifically did the Government do (or not do) to derail our 2006 World Cup? :?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

theYemster wrote:
By the way you all keep talking about Government interference...what specifically did the Government do (or not do) to derail our 2006 World Cup? :?
...force Christian Chukwu on the NFA!
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

GALADIMA HANGING HIMSELF BY OWN WORDS

I was fighting for the independence of Nigerian football.
I'd have preferred it if he was fighting for an effective NFA mgmt.

...many people will remember that Galadima was here.
No doubt about that. Everytime they remember missing out of Germany.

I pray that those who will take over have the fear of God to take us to the El-dorado.
Good, because it wasn't going to happen under him.

What I meant by that is that we should be adequately prepared...
So how come "we" didn't?

If the FA had some respect or some quasi independence...
Yeah, right - independence from he that pays the bills.

Have you forgotten that NFA went for a foreign coach ... the ministry turned it down...
Glad to know that the ministry did at least one thing right.

We might have qualified for the World Cup if we had a foreign coach.
This shameful statement assumes all was well with the NFA. Others might believe that Nigeria would have qualified with any foreign FA. Or even without one.

Brazil have nothing other than football.
As untrue as saying Nigeria was ahead of Angola for Germany.

I meant well for Nigerian football...
Possibly, but he just wasn't up to it.
Bell
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Gotti wrote:
Mister Dolly wrote:@ GOTTI, how convenient that you would rubbish the reports as brown envelope journalism just so you can further villify Galadima..
Dude, no one needs anything to villify Galadima...
Mr. Galadima does a banged-up job of villifying himself!

<
I cant' understand what the likes of MD found comforting in Galadma.

MD, Azuka et al are you guys serious for real? I mean no one is banking on the ministry but whatever happens to performance as yardstick for determining relection! And you guys appears to be the most informed members here and you are all backing this charade?
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

A guy who can not even book hotels for himself and his delegates.....yet he wants to run the NFA under the disguise of autonomy.

He got autonomy ( no fund from the sport ministry)....but did he do anything on his own to source for private funds/sponsorships? Nope....he was still begging the same ministry and minister for money/funding. What a contradictory stance/position indeed for a man who claims he wants autonomy from the sport ministry ?
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
aranka5
Egg
Egg

Post by aranka5 »

Toxic,
Watch Ayo come and tell you how the FG was planning to impose economic sanctions and air blockade on Companies that were ready to do business with Galadima.But he wont name one of such companies.
Nupe Proverb;If a fowl is scratching the soil for food, it may unearth the knife that will be used in slaughtering it’’.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Which one of these clowns did not know that there was a head to head rule in our WC qualifiers ..that alone should send that clown out of the door..who was it?
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.