Eagles List: The Sure Bankers did Grabbed Jerseys

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Eagles List: The Sure Bankers did Grabbed Jerseys

Post by VINDAVE »

Eagles Squad: Only 11 Jerseys remaining -- VINDAVE

Suffix me to say or write this. I know there are 22 No Jerseys to be named against 22 players at the end of the camping exercise but permit me to say that out of this twenty-two Nos. Some special Eleven plus CERTAIN HOPEFUL has already had their jerseys reserved exclusively for them: These PROMINENT and ENTERPRISING STARS as shown below will no doubt be the cynosure of the ANC too. Though, the camp has been bubbling and many news both positive and negative has been flying round and round, it is now certain has Nigeria will be hearing in the next few hours the names of the underlisted.

Like it or Leave it, from PLATO to KARL MAX, These are the CEMENTS of the current SUPER EAGLES.
Going by their recent exploit, forms, raves and their contribution so far in the National Jersey, whether we like it or not, deadline or no deadline, sweat or sweet, their jersey Nos are already guaranteed come 16th January 2004. There is nothing anyone can do about it… just check out their names as follow:

1. Austin Jay Jay Okocha (10-Eagles Capt): Okocha has been one of the leading lights of the Nigeria squad over the past decade, being the only survivor of the 1994 Eagles to Tunisia, he is now more refined, played too well in the 1994 final, no doubt the great Pele of Brazil said “I was enjoying the match until HE (Okocha) was pulled out” that was the final between Nigeria and Zambia. I had the opportunity of re-watching the match again yesterday, courtesy of NTA Network. To my amazement, I heard my wife who do not really like watching football screened when our midfield collapsed after Westerof pulled out Okocha..”che! just look at this stupid yeye man, now our team is in disarray, why must he have to remove Okocha?” those were her words. She was talking as if it was a fresh match and I’ve to remind her that it is an old match played 10years ago. The Midfield maestro sure has a lot to offer Africa and even if he reports a day to the tourney be sure his NO 10 Jersey awaits him. And remember, BBC was not fooled to name him the player of the year.

2. Joseph Yobo (No 2): At 22, Yobo already has the composure to play anywhere in the back four, and no matter what George Abbey will do in far away FARO, it is not because of the Everton player. Yobo now command respects and his No 2 jersey is sure there waiting for his arrival. And now with the news that the GREAT TARIBO will be missing in action, Yobo's role may be moving him to the Centre back to combine with the Wolves out of favour defender - Isaac Okoronkwo. And this may give room for Abbey George who appear to still have a little injury.

3. Celestine Babayaro (No 3): Baba is one of the most accomplished defenders in the world at the moment according to BBC. He excels in man-to-man marking and couples that with surges up the wing, adding a further attacking option. What else can I say. The coming back of Baba is another plus to the Eagles and Udeze exploit in the Eagles has nothing to do with his No 3 Jersey. However, if all things been equal and it happen that Baba shows face in the ANC final, he is bound to start ahead of everybody in that leftfull back position against Morocco. WE PRAY HE SHOW UP. NFA PLS. ACT FAST.

4. Kanu Nwankwo (4-A/Eagles Capt): Papilo’s deft skills/touches with a ball often defy believe but they are skills which make him stands apart from most of his contemporaries. The Eagles stand-in captain is sure of his No 4 Jersey come this month in Tunis. His recent form in Arsenal is a sure boost of his shirt. Check out his brilliant pass for Arsenal 4th goal againt M/Boro a fouth night ago. Papilo no doubt has the skill on a good day to make defenders fumble to the advantage of his team. Like it or not. His Jersey No 4 is already reserved, even though is rumoured that he is still Lagos or in London. He is ANC bound.

5. Isaac Okoronkwo (No 5): This gentle giant has turned into a quicker and physically strong player since he starts wearing the national jersey. Even though Wolves handlers still find it difficult to give him a chance, Eagles fans and handlers were happy to welcome him back to FARO CAMP and his injury rumour was laid to rest by CCC. With the absent of Ribo, His next partners may as well be Orjinta and Yobo. And there is no doubt that barring Injury, his No 5 Jersey is already there.

6. Yakubu Aiyegbeni (20): YAK has become a household name in the mouth of many Nigerians including Ayo Akinfe (who has leaved to like him), also in England. No wonder some are thinking his bulllike and heavy work rate is forcing David Seaman to his retirement.The new Nigeria Bull is surely going to have a Jersey registered in his name among the 22, whether the is No 20 or 21 he must surely be in the 22man squad. His recent goals in the EPL his already making noice and making case for him, and has assure the Eagle Crew of having a good number of strikers to choose when the ANC begins proper. He is sure to partner JAG, AGALI, UTAKA upfront in any angle with his reserved jersey.

7. John Utaka : This New and Faster Kanu is the new star of Nigeria in the shore of Europe. This new enterprising forward has done well in the national jersey to command people respects anytime any day. His form no doubt is amazing and is ready to partner JAG upfront alongside Aiyegbeni in any part of the attack. His Jersey no matter the No you give to it is surely not going to be less than 22. Already Reserved.

8. Julius Aghahowa (17): The new goal father of Nigeria is a star to watch. His form and performance so far is too good to be ignored. The fact that Nigerians were clamouring for Obafemi Martins was not to drop JAG to the bench to look for a good player that can partner him in the heart of Attack. Martins inclusion no doubt would have unveil the fastest attack so far in the Africa Cup of Nations and would have made Eagles to unleash the strongest and most dangerous attack on any defence in the tourney. Already making wave in CAMP. Like it or leave it, his NO 17 jersey is already in the kitty box waiting for him.

9. Victor Agali (N0 9): Though still been expected cus of his club eagerness to keep him against NFA and FIFA order. And barring injury, that is praying that the latest INJURY RUMOUR turns fake, Yes! His No 9 Jersey still await him having agreed to come back. The gangling and lanky players if all things work together should be competing with the highest goal scorer in the tournament. He has the ability to finish any defence if all the wingers (Thank God IKEDIA is in CAMP) perform their duties as the greatest headmaster of time is always ready to punish any keeper with his Connie neck. He sure will be partnering JAG et al upfront. Africa watch out for the much taunted new RASHIDI YEKINI of Nigeria.

10. PIUS IKEDIA(N0 7 probable):
This his an old Eagles that has not really put his fit down so well. The former Ajax winger who is already making waves in CAMP is sure to have the No 7 Jersey named after him. His inclusion will no doubt will be as a result of TJ and Kalu Uche who may no doubt will be excluded from the team list. With his present form, defenders should be ready to employ the services of several Physioterapists to take care of their wast. He was like a magician at the Sydney Olympic.

11. Ifeanyin Udeze:He rarely puts a foot wrong at the back and is responsible for occasional attacking bursts up Nigeria's left flank..” these were the words of BBC to describe the hard working left full back. A man that has constantly in the past pose threat to Cele Baba. Though Baba is back, that does not mean his place in the new Eagles squad is lost – thank God for Pa Oni who made us to know that having both of them is a first 11 is not a bad idea. The can swap roles and one of his greatest weapon is his tireless and pace run upfront which sometimes cause problems to many defenders. Call it any No. His jersey is awaiting him anytime he comes.

CAMP RAVES & NOW SO SURE OF JERSEYS:

VERY SURE:
12. Taribo West (No 6)(ORJINTA):: The recent news coming from camp courtesy of Ayo, MD et al is enough to tell us that the No 6 jersey is already out of the great RIBO's hand, no thanks to this USELESS and WICKED INJURY. This may be changing the plans of the technical crew and may be giving room to RUMANUS ORJINTA the Enyimba and African CAF champion to done this jersey. It is still a borrow pose jersey hence, Ribo' face still appear in this page. But like it or not, he will be in Tunisia sharing his boys up like Dan d Bull Amokachi did in the ANC 2000. At least, he will be welcome in the official stand helping the crew. RIBO, YOUR FANS STILL LOVE YOU. YOU ARE THE GREATEST NO. 6 EVER PARADED BY SUPER EAGLES.

13. Seyi Olofijana: Seyi will sure get a jersey for the defensive midfield role. He is the one many has likened to Viera of Arsenal and may just be one of the ANC revelation. His role in the defensive Midfield for the Eagles will be no doubt impressive. This guy may be having the Jersey No. 15 register after him with the exit of Sunday Olisey.Somebody please help me with his photo

14. Christian Obodo: This young and enterprising player will sure get a jersey to partner Olofijana as preferred by our own Ayo Akinfe in his 3-5-2 formation. He is a good defensive Midfielder and has the will of Jay Jay. He has done well for the nation of recent and his early coming to camp may no doubt prove a point for him for a jersey. He surely has a stake. The Jersey No fit for this Boy is Jersey No 20.

SURE:
15. Austin Ejide: (even though it has to be jersey No 12 or 22, with his current form in the CAF cup as African CAF Cup champion, he surely has a stake to one out of the three keeper reserve shirts. Barring injury, he should be ready to make a case with Etefia & Enyeama for the No. 1 slot.

16. Vincent Enyeama (No 1): Though, this may be a very tough decision, but this current CAF League Champion is sure going to make the list. His save against Paul Schole in the last World Cup against England which counted him amongst the TEN best Keepers of the Tourney was not a joke and if confidence is restore to him he should be dragging the No. 1 jersey with Greg Etefia or Austin Ejide.

I will be filling the gap as time permits me.
Last edited by VINDAVE on Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:45 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

Aside from victor Agali, the others are all sure bankers for Tunisia. I wouldn't be so sure about Agali though.
nasoo
Egg
Egg

Post by nasoo »

Na u know !!!!!
IN GOD I TRUST, WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...Kaluhasn't played regular football for over six months!
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

POSTING EDITED OUT.
Last edited by VINDAVE on Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

wiseone wrote:...Kaluhasn't played regular football for over six months!
but has been playing for Nigeria...
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

add Taribo, Obodo, Lawal and 3 Goal keepers. That leaves 5 places for grabs.

So we invited 45 players to camp knowing we only needed to fill 5 places. Now where is the sense in that?

...and please stop using the "bubbling" word.

Nice pics though.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

Olofijana and Obodo are sure bankers...the jerseys for contention only number about 2/3 thats why this whole faro thing is a fiasco....Lawal has "booked" a jersey as well
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Yes add olofinjana, obodo, Taribo and Enyeama
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

ugly boy wrote:Olofijana and Obodo are sure bankers...the jerseys for contention only number about 2/3 thats why this whole faro thing is a fiasco....Lawal has "booked" a jersey as well
taking it down to 4 places (for 45 invitees?)

also these 4 places have to be mainly for back-up defence and one or two midfield, so we should have an idea who these MUST be.
Last edited by Jiggerman21 on Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

I can't fault this first eleven guys!!

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
seyiblack
Egg
Egg

Post by seyiblack »

Everyone has been saying that Lawal has booked a Jersey. Why? Has anyone seen him perform at FARO? Details please.
Support our boys regardless of coach, ethnicity of players and pure jealousy.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Obodo, Olofinjana, Enakarhire and Taribo are better certainties than Agali, Kalu, Lawal and Aiyegbeni.

Agali, Kalu and Aiyegbeni have no better chances of making the team than Abbey, Ekwueme, Melkham or Etafia.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Obodo, Olofinjana, Enakarhire and Taribo are better certainties than Agali, Kalu, Lawal and Aiyegbeni.

Agali, Kalu and Aiyegbeni have no better chances of making the team than Abbey, Ekwueme, Melkham or Etafia.
Ayo, please no offence, though you are right that the like of Obodo, Taribo, Olofinjana and Enakarhire has a chance but not ahead of Aiyegbeni and Agali (if Agali shows up) and did not reduce in his form. And I can agree with you that they have equal chances as Kalu but if Kalu did not make the list he has himself to blame mark my word.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

seyiblack wrote:Everyone has been saying that Lawal has booked a Jersey. Why? Has anyone seen him perform at FARO? Details please.
When did we say performance had any thing to do with it....Lawal is a very powerful man...remember world cup 02....Oni didnt invite him to camp but he made the final 22....his juju man get power well well :lol:
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

VINDAVE wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Obodo, Olofinjana, Enakarhire and Taribo are better certainties than Agali, Kalu, Lawal and Aiyegbeni.

Ayo, please no offence, though you are right that the like of Obodo, Taribo, Olofinjana and Enakarhire has a chance but not ahead of Aiyegbeni and Agali (if Agali shows up) and did not reduce in his form. And I can agree with you that they have equal chances as Kalu but if Kalu did not make the list he has himself to blame mark my word.
Please tell me what Victor Agali is going to do in camp that Chukwudi Nworgu or Ikene Ezenwa are not already doing?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

seyiblack wrote:Everyone has been saying that Lawal has booked a Jersey. Why? Has anyone seen him perform at FARO? Details please.
Players have told me he has been brilliant. Against Faro XI, his team mates voted him man of the match.

What a lot of people are missing, however, is that he has been playing at left back. Now does Chukwu play him out there in 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 formation?
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

and in my 2nd favorite quote I say "VICTOR AGALI IS A WASTEPIPE"

thanks
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
VINDAVE wrote:

Please tell me what Victor Agali is going to do in camp that Chukwudi Nworgu or Ikene Ezenwa are not already doing?

Ayo, pls. forget sentiment, Both has never done anything for Eagles to compare them with VICTOR AGALI, the man that scored 4 Olympic goals and scored Eagles to the Japan/Korea 2002 World Cup.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Agali will make that final 22. I can cet my last cents on that! Lawal? In Naija anything is possible. A few drops here and there can get the most improbable tasks accomplished.
...but with God all things are possible...
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Vindave.....na who go keep?
taslim
Egg
Egg

Post by taslim »

it is a great site.keep it up guy
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

Vindave ur wife isnt just gorgeous she is also very very smart......we should have 1Naija send his over for some cooking tips and more ! :mrgreen: