Ticket To Naija

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Staff Sgt Cota VI
Egg
Egg
Ticket To Naija

Post by Staff Sgt Cota VI »

Abeg anybone know where person fit get cheap flight to Naija? Thanks inadvance
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

try www. Bolokajaairways.twoways forthepriceofone.com ,,,It worked for me................. :lol:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ticket To Naija

Post by 1naija »

Staff Sgt Cota VI wrote:Abeg anybone know where person fit get cheap flight to Naija? Thanks inadvance
Whatever you do, DON'T FLY WORLD AIRWAYS.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

1naija wrote:
Staff Sgt Cota VI wrote:Abeg anybone know where person fit get cheap flight to Naija? Thanks inadvance
Welcome back. Just curious, whats wrong with world airways?
I know a couple of people that used it and it worked for them.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

1naija wrote:
Why? Was just about confirming my ticket........

Chief Cota, sendme ur credit card details...i'll hook u up... :P

BTW...how can a whole Sgt be looking for cheap ticket? ? U're probably looking for a class lower than economy :D
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Why? Was just about confirming my ticket........

Chief Cota, sendme ur credit card details...i'll hook u up...

do i smell 419???????????????:mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

In order to give you the info you want, we need to know where you're flying from and when you'll be flying.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

BabaNaija wrote:
1naija wrote:
Welcome back. Just curious, whats wrong with world airways?
I know a couple of people that used it and it worked for them.
BabaNaija, thanks

I had the worst travel experience with World Airways and Ritetime Aviation. First of all, they misrepresent themselves to the public. The reason I decided to fly with World Airways in the first place was because they (Ritetime Aviation) told me the flight would be direct from Houston to Lagos, only to find out after I received the ticket that it is not a direct flight. In fact we actulaly flew from Houston to Atlanta on a different aircraft, then flew World Airways from Atlanta to Cape Verde, before going to Lagos.

We were supposed to arrive in Lagos at about 6.30 AM, but because of unnecessary delays and stop overs, we did not get to Lagos until 5.00 PM. World Airways does not have an assigned terminal at the InterContinental Airport in Houston, so they had to beg Delta airlines to allow them use one of their terminals. I assume the innitial arrangement they made did not pan out because we arrived at the gate no. printed on the tickets at 6.00AM only to find out that World Airways had changed terminals, so everyone had to haul his/her luggages to a different building for check-in. It took Ritetime Aviation 6 hours check everyone in, which ofcourse delayed our departure from Atlanta, and subsequently our arrival in Lagos. But this is the good part, Coming back to the US was a Nightmare.

I knew something was fishy when upon arriving at the Check in terminal at Murtala Muhammed, someone announced that NewYork Passengers should form a separate line from Atlanta passengers. What were New York passengers doing at the Airpoort on a Thursay, when World Airways only leaves Lagos to New York on Sundays and Tuesdays, I had asked. Evidently, World Airways had cancelled the Sunday and Tuesday flights from Lagos because the flight from New York to Lagos that they were supposed to leave on was grounded at JFK due to non payment by Ritetime Aviation. In fact, from what I heard, several passengers were stranded in Newyork during Christmas because of this.

Anyway, after the payment issue was sorted out, World Airways decided to carry the New york passengers on the Atlanta flight. This would mean that Atlanta would be the port of entry and World Airways would have to either drop off the Atlanta and Houston passengers and then head back to NewYork or make other arrangements for the New york passenger. I guess midway through the Journey in mid air, World Airways decided it would be better to make JFK the port of entry, and drop off the New York passengers before proceeding south to Atlanta and Houston. Which makes good business sense, except the crew that was to offload and service the aircraft was in Atlanta, with NO ONE scheduled to handle the aircraft in Newyork.

Imagine only 2 people offloading an aircraft of 400 people, 400 Nigerians for that matter. We arrived at JFK at 6.00 AM New years day, and did not get through customs until 11 AM. And we were scheduled to arrive Houston by 11.30 AM. To cut a long story short, I did not get home until 11 PM that night. And mine is even better because Houston was my final destination. Several passengers with children missed connecting flights to Dallas, Oklahoma, Austin, Kansas City. And all these is because Ritetime aviation did not have it's act together. There is absolutely no accountability. You would talk to the World Airways staff and they would tell you they have nothing to do with it, and that all they do is fly the airplane. And you can never get someone at Ritetime to answer their phone.

So my advice to you is to really assess the situation before flying with world airways. Do you have a week to spare if Ritetime refuses to pay it's bill, or would you rather spend 5 hours in London, and be certain of your flights? I usually travel on a tight schedule, so for me, World Airways or should I say RiteTime Aviation will have to convince me that they have improved, and that I would not be stranded, before I'll fly with them again
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Thanx 1naija...well appreciated.
On the other hand, the first most useful post i've read from u in decades.....This is definitely a new yr and I can see a new beginning for u....Cellular and co shud go find a wife as well! :P :lol:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Riche007 wrote:Thanx 1naija...well appreciated.
On the other hand, the first most useful post i've read from u in decades.....This is definitely a new yr and I can see a new beginning for u....Cellular and co shud go find a wife as well! :P :lol:
My sentiments exactly! 1naija is just a trouble maker who knows better than some of his post's suggest.

Getting back to World Airways. My sister used World Airways when she came to the U.S., and it took about a week and a half to get her luggage in New York. Based on her experience and what 1naija just shared with us about his experience, it is a wonder that these people are still in business. Until we Nigerians start making choices based on service, we will continue to get bad service.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

This is a sad read from World Airways, I was just contemplating buying their stocks too..now I know better..I wonder why Delta and Co don't fly to AFRICA
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Akamoke wrote:This is a sad read from World Airways, I was just contemplating buying their stocks too..now I know better..I wonder why Delta and Co don't fly to AFRICA
Akamoke, World Airways by itself is not a bad airline. In fact they have been in business for a long time providing reputable first class and business class service world wide. It's their arrangement with Ritetime Aviation (a Nigerian owed business) that sucks. I am just surprised that they would allow their reputation to be ruined by Ritetime aviation.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

True , but is it their arrangement with Ritetime that would make them decide on JFK instead of ATL whilst flying over Nouackhott?

Your story is not the first I have heard regarding World Airways and Ritetime (I didnt know they were Nigerian)..but certainly the worst and I feel bad that you had to usher the New Year this way
Staff Sgt Cota VI
Egg
Egg

Post by Staff Sgt Cota VI »

Abeg Make person help me...

I dey look fro ticket from Europe to Naija or from Yankee to Naija...Thanks in advance.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Also, I heard earlier that they were to fly into JFK, IAH and ATL directly from LOS so it is doubly dissapointing that they couldnt get you to Lagos from Houston directly
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Akamoke wrote: Your story is not the first I have heard regarding World Airways and Ritetime (I didnt know they were Nigerian)..but certainly the worst and I feel bad that you had to usher the New Year this way
I should rephrase my initial statement that Ritetime is owned by a Nigerian. I should say the CEO of Ritetime and the spokesperson for the World Airways/ Ritetime partnership is Dr. Peter Obafemi, a Nigerian. Whether he owns the company or not, I do not know.

Thanks, but don't feel too bad for me. Like I said, apart from the inconvinence of not getting home on time, I did not have it as bad. In fact the delay worked out better for me because my sister lives in Newyork, so I was able to go over to her house and destroyed some Garri before flying out. And if Ogbunigwe had been at home when I called during my 1.5 hr lay over in Philadelphia, I would have destroyed some Heineken with him at the airport before taking off to Houston. There were several other passengers who had it worse.
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

1naija

What date was your flight? I think my dad was on the same flight with you. The aicraft was diverted to cape verde bcos of lack of feul thank to overloading. Apparently the flight was overbooked. The line of passengers i saw at the atlanta Airport convinced me that world Airways was a big joke.
If a monkey is amongst dogs, why won't it start barking?

Nobody mourns an unnoticed death.

If a donkey kicks you and you kick back, you are both donkeys.

He who eats well speaks well or it is a question of insanity.

A tiger does not have to proclaim its tigri-tude.

When man pikin dey piss, him dey hold something for hand. Woman wey try-am, go piss for her hand.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

1naija, you still owe me your story in Naija
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Cota,

abeg don't think you are being ignored, I have searched the internet for best results and the only sites I can think of are

www.travelocity.com
www.expedia.com
www.orbitz.com

I personally think you will get a better deal getting hold of your local Sunday newspapers and get hold of a travel agency in the area to get flights because the prices on the above sites is unreasonable. Particularly look for travel agents that service Africa. Some Agencies may not have deals with an Airline like British Airways etc that is why their prices may be out of wack

Good luck in your hunting
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

nakson wrote:1naija

What date was your flight? I think my dad was on the same flight with you. The aicraft was diverted to cape verde bcos of lack of feul thank to overloading. Apparently the flight was overbooked. The line of passengers i saw at the atlanta Airport convinced me that world Airways was a big joke.
Nakson, Dec. 12th. It was the same flight.

Akamoke, I haven't forgotten. It's just that I don't know where to start. To get an idea the type of place Nigeria has become, let just say, it's conceivable that the NFA is most organized organization in Nigeria.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Riche007 wrote:Thanx 1naija...well appreciated.
Richey you wan find me wife? As long as im gree say I fit marry more dan wan... I no get any complaint...

Happy New Year!

Imagine traveling via British Airways...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Staff Sgt Cota VI, I am not sure if someone already mentioned it but whatever you do don't I repeat do not use World Airlines. As the saying goes a word is enough for the wise.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

1naija: Congratulations.

You will recall I told you that my Mom was to come back on the 4th with World Airways/RiteTime, well she is still grounded in Lagos, no thanks to World Airways, infact the word from them now is that the flight has been postponed indefinitely, the kids can't stop asking for their grandma and she is so worried in Lagos. She never liked the hustle and bustle in Lagos and staying with my in-law is quite irksome for her.
If they don't sort this thing out before the end of this week they might have a law suit on their hands. The emotional turmoil they have subjected my 80 year old Mom is unbearable.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923