Nigeria's Squad Against Ghana....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria's Squad Against Ghana....

Post by Killa Adjei »

Nigeria name strong squad to face Ghana

Nigeria are plotting Ghana’s downfall with a strong 20-man squad for their friendly in London on 6 February.

Coach Austin Eguavoen’s team includes in-form English Premiership strikers Nwankwo Kanu of Portsmouth, Middlesbrough’s Yabuku Aiyegbeni as well as Newscastle darling boy Obafemi Martins.

Greece-based defender Ifeanyi Udeze, who missed last year’s Nations Cup in Egypt, returns to the squad while Dinamo Moscow midfielder Patrick Ovie, who has been on the fringes, is also in included for the game at Brentford’s Griffin Park.

Chelsea’s rising star Jon Mikel Obi as well as Wilson Oruma of Marseille and Lazio's Stephen Makinwa were also named in the team.

The Black Stars have not beaten Nigeria since 1992 when Abedi Pele’s diving header helped his country to a 2-1 victory in the semi-final of the Nations Cup in Senegal.

Such is the determination of the Nigerians to extend their 14-year dominance of over Ghana that other top players like Italy-based youngster Obinna Nsofor, Watford trialist Chinedu Ogbuke and Rabiu Afolabi of French side Sochaux could not make the team.

The latest chapter in the rivalry produced a 1-0 victory for the Super Eagles in Group D of the African Nations Cup finals in Egypt last year.

But since then the Black Stars squad has been augmented and the team reached the second round of the World Cup and have not lost in four matches since the tournament in Germany in June.

Yet according to an aide to the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) chairman Sali Lulu, who spoke on condition of anonymity, the Super Eagles players are keen to defeat the Stars.

"I can tell you that Obafemi Martins is looking forward to playing the match just like Kanu and Aiyegbeni," he told the Daily Sun newspaper in Nigeria.

"They want to prove that all the hype about Ghana’s football being on the high side is nothing but a ruse.

"Obafemi in particular, wants to score against the Black Stars just as Taiye Taiwo is also warming up to score again, as he did in the Nations Cup in Egypt last year, when his solitary goal separated the two sides.”

Ghana, hosts of the MTN African Cup of Nations in 2008, hope to use the match to prepare for the biennial event while the match will afford the Eagles the opportunity to test their might as Nigeria host Uganda in a top of the table clash in March.

Meanwhile, numerous fans of the Black Stars, who are confident of breaking the Nigerian jinx, are expected in London in their numbers thanks to an affordable offer put together by Ghana International Airlines.

The offer includes a return ticket, hotel accommodation and match tickets for only US$757.

Squad

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Bnei Yehuda Tel Aviv, Israel), Austin Ejide (Bastia, France)

Defenders: Joseph Enakarhire (Bordeaux, France), Chidi Odiah (CSKA Moscow, Russia), Taye Taiwoo (Marseille, France), Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Ifeanyi Udeze (AEK Athens, Greece), Obinna Nwaneri (Esperance, Tunisia)

Midfielders: Yusuf Ayila (Dinamo Kyiv, Ukraine), John Mikel Obi (Chelsea, England), Christian Obodo (Udinese, Italy), Wilson Oruma (Marseille, France) Peter Odemwingie (Lille, France), Patrick Ovie (Dinamo Moscow, Russia)

Strikers: Nwankwo Kanu (Portsmouth, England), Stephen Makinwa (Lazio, Italy), Obafemi Martins (Newcastle, England),Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Middlesbrough, England) John Utaka (Stade Rennes, France), Seyi George Olofinjana (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England)

Source:
Ibrahim Sannie
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Old news
Has not yet been confirmed
Please delete
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria's Squad Against Ghana....

Post by Babafad »

Killa Adjei wrote:Meanwhile, numerous fans of the Black Stars, who are confident of breaking the Nigerian jinx, are expected in London in their numbers thanks to an affordable offer put together by Ghana International Airlines.

The offer includes a return ticket, hotel accommodation and match tickets for only US$757.
Trying to make up the numbers, eh?

Have you forgotten that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a Ghanaian to pass through UK immigration at Heathrow/Gatwick! :lol:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Killa Adjei wrote:
The Black Stars have not beaten Nigeria since 1992 when Abedi Pele’s diving header helped his country to a 2-1 victory in the semi-final of the Nations Cup in Senegal.

Such is the determination of the Nigerians to extend their 14-year dominance of over Ghana ..
Oh my GAAADDDD. 14 years???? And Bredas still talk. Oya, all of una kneel down to una soccer masters!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Babafad wrote:
Killa Adjei wrote:Meanwhile, numerous fans of the Black Stars, who are confident of breaking the Nigerian jinx, are expected in London in their numbers thanks to an affordable offer put together by Ghana International Airlines.

Have you forgotten that it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than it is for a Ghanaian to pass through UK immigration at Heathrow/Gatwick! :lol:
Huh... :?
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

lyricalgh
Egg
Egg

Post by lyricalgh »

Babafad wrote:

cuz of all the numerous 419 artists who pose as ghanaians
"I was gonna rip his heart out. I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, the most ruthless champion there has ever been. No one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No! He's no Alexander! I'm Alexander! I'm the best ever. I'm Sonny Liston. I'm Jack Dempsey. There's never been anyone like me. I'm from their cloth. There is no one who can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want his heart! I want to eat his children! Praise be to Allah!"
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

or u meant ghanians who commit crimes and claim to be Nigerians

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/crime/
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Bigpokey24 wrote:or u meant ghanians who commit crimes and claim to be Nigerians

:lol:

Which Ghanaian claims to be Nigerians.... :lol:

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Killa Adjei wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:or u meant ghanians who commit crimes and claim to be Nigerians

Which Ghanaian claims to be Nigerians.... :lol:
the likes of those we sent packing in Operation Ghana must go
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Molue Conductor wrote:the likes of those we sent packing in Operation Ghana must go
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

good squad.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Vindave wrote:good squad.
Confilicting

check, nigerisportsline

Cole, Lawal For Eagles Friendly

Nigeria Football Association (NFA) has invited West Ham Nigerian born striker, Calton Cole among the 21 players listed for the international friendly between the Super Eagles and Black Stars of Ghana billed for London.
Super Eagles team coordinator, Emma Attah informed Nigeriansportsonline that Garba Lawal, John Utaka and Austin Okocha have been sent invitation for the February 6 friendly match.

The former Flying Eagles goalkeeper revealed that all the players have been sent their invitation letters.

Ghana Black Stars lost to the Super Eagles 1-0 at the 2006 African Nations Cup in Egypt and are poised for revenge.

BY MIKE NDIDI
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx