Haan Quits Cameroun job!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Haan Quits Cameroun job!!!

Post by Dammy »

While the Cameroonians are still making noise about beating the FE in a meaningless AYC match, they have a bigger problem at home. Their coach, the Dutchman, Arie Haan, has quit after 6 months on the job. He is said to be upset that his request to observe the junior team in the AYC was not granted and his wish to play CIV instead of Togo on February 7 was also overruled.
Source:Eurosports
I am happy
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

choi, something doesnt add up
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Haan quits Cameroon job

Dutchman Arie Haan has quit as Cameroon coach less than six months into a two-year contract, according to the country's official Cameroon Tribune daily.

The paper quoted Haan, whom national soccer federation FECAFOOT said went absent without leave for two months last year, as saying he had offered his resignation to FECAFOOT chief Jean Lambert Nang.

"I have decided as from this day the 31st of January 2007 to put an end to my collaboration with Cameroon. I have sent an email to Mr. Nang, the general manger of FECAFOOT, to inform him," the paper quoted Haan as saying.

Nang and other FECAFOOT officials could not be reached for immediate comment. The Tribune said Haan was unhappy he had been left out of a delegation that was following Cameroon's youth team at an African junior championship.

He had also opposed a friendly match scheduled for February 7 against Togo, preferring to play a stronger team such as Ivory Coast. Haan signed a two-year contract last August, charged with steering the Indomitable Lions through their qualifying campaign for the 2008 African Nations Cup in Ghana.

But relations with FECAFOOT quickly soured, and in December Nang said Haan had disappeared for two months in contravention of a contractual clause stipulating he must remain resident in Cameroon.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/afr ... 3076.shtml
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Haan quits Cameroon job

Dutchman Arie Haan has quit as Cameroon coach less than six months into a two-year contract, according to the country's official Cameroon Tribune daily.

The paper quoted Haan, whom national soccer federation FECAFOOT said went absent without leave for two months last year, as saying he had offered his resignation to FECAFOOT chief Jean Lambert Nang.

"I have decided as from this day the 31st of January 2007 to put an end to my collaboration with Cameroon. I have sent an email to Mr. Nang, the general manger of FECAFOOT, to inform him," the paper quoted Haan as saying.

Nang and other FECAFOOT officials could not be reached for immediate comment. The Tribune said Haan was unhappy he had been left out of a delegation that was following Cameroon's youth team at an African junior championship.

He had also opposed a friendly match scheduled for February 7 against Togo, preferring to play a stronger team such as Ivory Coast. Haan signed a two-year contract last August, charged with steering the Indomitable Lions through their qualifying campaign for the 2008 African Nations Cup in Ghana.

But relations with FECAFOOT quickly soured, and in December Nang said Haan had disappeared for two months in contravention of a contractual clause stipulating he must remain resident in Cameroon.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/afr ... rs/2006-20
07/sport_sto1073076.shtml
chei the lions are in serious trouble!
goat no fi eat where dey no tie am
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Was Fecafoot afraid of being beaten by Ivory Coast again?
[2] I think it is only right and proper that the national team coach watch the U-21 team to see if any of the youngsters are good enough for the senior squad
[3] It appears that there are a few huge egos at Fecafoot, who just want to show Haan who is boss
[4] It appears that Cameroon is now in the kind of trouble Nigeria was in for years
[5] I guess the hopeless Jules Nyongha will now take charge of the Togo game
[6] Even with Chukwu's brother Nyongha, I still expect Cameroon to at least draw with Togo in Lome
[7] Cameroon were just getting their act together under Haan. That 3-0 victory over Rwanda in Kigali was particularly impressive
[8] Having said that, Arie Haan is a crap coach, so over the long term, this will probably be a good development
[9] I would urge Fecafoot to go for Thomas Doll now that he has left Hamburg. Sorry Felix Magath has already been snapped up
[10] Why do I fear that German coaches will be the next vogue in African football? It used to be Frenchmen and Dutchmen but now the trends is towards Germans.
Fussballgott
Egg
Egg

Post by Fussballgott »

Bobo, point of correction: Na "Cameroon" and not "Camerron". You no be get elementary school geography?
"Your gangster is not defined by how low your jeans fall by your waist,
but more how your genes stand over his expectations. Never forget where you came from.
Your gangster is not defined by how many rocks are in your watch, but rather how many rocks you move while on your watch."

Sean Carter
Nipsy
Egg
Egg

Post by Nipsy »

If this turns out to be true, I hope this teaches those blockheads at the Ministry and at FECAFOOT a damn lesson. They just haven't got a clue what professionalism is. Bloody arseholes.

Ayo, I suppose you had a point re: Egu - this is the way any self-respecting professional should behave when he feels that the terms of his employment have been breached. Let's just hope that those idiots 'running' things learn their lesson as more and more coaches turn them down.
Fussballgott
Egg
Egg

Post by Fussballgott »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Was Fecafoot afraid of being beaten by Ivory Coast again?
[2] I think it is only right and proper that the national team coach watch the U-21 team to see if any of the youngsters are good enough for the senior squad
[3] It appears that there are a few huge egos at Fecafoot, who just want to show Haan who is boss
[4] It appears that Cameroon is now in the kind of trouble Nigeria was in for years
[6] Even with Chukwu's brother Nyongha, I still expect Cameroon to at least draw with Togo in Lome
[7] Cameroon were just getting their act together under Haan. That 3-0 victory over Rwanda in Kigali was particularly impressive
[8] Having said that, Arie Haan is a crap coach, so over the long term, this will probably be a good development
[9] I would urge Fecafoot to go for Thomas Doll now that he has left Hamburg. Sorry Felix Magath has already been snapped up[10] Why do I fear that German coaches will be the next vogue in African football? It used to be Frenchmen and Dutchmen but now the trends is towards Germans.
Thomas who? Make thunder no strike you. :twisted: :evil: Look at Hamburg's position in the league standings, despite the team the has at hand.
but more how your genes stand over his expectations. Never forget where you came from.
Your gangster is not defined by how many rocks are in your watch, but rather how many rocks you move while on your watch."

Sean Carter
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] Was Fecafoot afraid of being beaten by Ivory Coast again?
[9] I would urge Fecafoot to go for Thomas Doll now that he has left Hamburg. Sorry Felix Magath has already been snapped up
[10] Why do I fear that German coaches will be the next vogue in African football? It used to be Frenchmen and Dutchmen but now the trends is towards Germans.
the only good point you made was the third one. it was essentially a clash of egos...nothing more nothing less! not sue nyongha will take over though...if anything they'll cancel that friendly match!
Nipsy
Egg
Egg

Post by Nipsy »

Kamerun,

'Xcuse me, but what's all this 'they' stuff you keep coming up with? Aren't you the same Cameroonian who posts on Camfoot?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Fussballgott wrote:
Thomas who? Make thunder no strike you. :twisted: :evil: Look at Hamburg's position in the league standings, despite the team the has at hand.
You have me rolling around in stitches. Remember that it was Doll who qualified Hamburg for the Champions League in the first place.

Cameroon has always tended to do well with German coaches, so I stay stick to what works with you. Doll is a far more accomplished coach than Schaffer for instance.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nipsy wrote:If this turns out to be true, I hope this teaches those blockheads at the Ministry and at FECAFOOT a damn lesson. They just haven't got a clue what professionalism is. Bloody arseholes.

Ayo, I suppose you had a point re: Egu - this is the way any self-respecting professional should behave when he feels that the terms of his employment have been breached. Let's just hope that those idiots 'running' things learn their lesson as more and more coaches turn them down.
Where are the pro-IC mob? Have you noticed how they have avoided this thread like the plague?

This is how a principled coach behaves when the FA is messing him about. If that was our ICs, they would just sit there collecting the salary and swallowing all the insults.

It is a coach who determines what opponents he wants to play and it is he who decides which players he wants to look at. How dare Fecafoot dismiss his suggestion that he go and watch the U-21 team?

Next time anyone dares mention that FCs are treatly differently simply because of the colour of their skin, there will be war on this site. They are treated differently because they conduct themselves differently!

No professional coach will take the insults Fecafoot have just thrown at Haan. The imbecile Eguavoen even went ahead to justify the NFAs cancellation of a friendly saying he had a coaching course to attend in Holland.
Fussballgott
Egg
Egg

Post by Fussballgott »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Fussballgott wrote:
You have me rolling around in stitches. Remember that it was Doll who qualified Hamburg for the Champions League in the first place.

Cameroon has always tended to do well with German coaches, so I stay stick to what works with you. Doll is a far more accomplished coach than Schaffer for instance.
Come again! Please don't let me dig out Schaeffer's records prior to his engagement as Cameroon's coach. Yes, Doll qualified Hamburg for the champion's league. What about the dismal champions league record he set up, not only as Hamburg's coach but also in the entire German champions league participation history. FYI, Schaeffer has a monument in Karlsruhe because of the work he did there. Kahn, Scholl and Nowotny were all discovered by him.
You say Cameroon does well with German coaches, how many have they had so far? :roll: :roll:

Sean Carter
Fussballgott
Egg
Egg

Post by Fussballgott »

You see Ayo, each time you get him, he goes MIA :lol: :lol:

Sean Carter
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Fussballgott wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Fussballgott wrote:

Come again! Please don't let me dig out Schaeffer's records prior to his engagement as Cameroon's coach. Yes, Doll qualified Hamburg for the champion's league. What about the dismal champions league record he set up, not only as Hamburg's coach but also in the entire German champions league participation history. FYI, Schaeffer has a monument in Karlsruhe because of the work he did there. Kahn, Scholl and Nowotny were all discovered by him.
You say Cameroon does well with German coaches, how many have they had so far? :roll: :roll:
I know about Schaffer's record at Karlsruhe but remember he was sacked from there when everything came crashing down. Ask yourself where he left the club.

You know damn well that Karlsruhe was never anywhere near as good a team as Hamburg and by any standards you want to use, Doll achieved more. If both coaches were to present their CVs, Doll's looks far better, both as a coach and as a player.
kamerun
Egg
Egg

Post by kamerun »

Nipsy wrote:Kamerun,

'Xcuse me, but what's all this 'they' stuff you keep coming up with? Aren't you the same Cameroonian who posts on Camfoot?
"by they" i mean the armed robbers at fecafoot. yes i post on camfoot...what about dat? :roll:
Fussballgott
Egg
Egg

Post by Fussballgott »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Fussballgott wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Fussballgott wrote:

I know about Schaffer's record at Karlsruhe but remember he was sacked from there when everything came crashing down. Ask yourself where he left the club.

You know damn well that Karlsruhe was never anywhere near as good a team as Hamburg and by any standards you want to use, Doll achieved more. If both coaches were to present their CVs, Doll's looks far better, both as a coach and as a player.
Take a look at these records and tell me what makes you think Doll has accomplished more:

Schaefer: http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/schaeferwinfried/

Doll: http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/dollthomas/
Feel free to ask if you don't understand anything.

Sean Carter
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Fussballgott wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Fussballgott wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Fussballgott wrote:

Take a look at these records and tell me what makes you think Doll has accomplished more:

Schaefer: http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/schaeferwinfried/

Doll: http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/dollthomas/
Feel free to ask if you don't understand anything.
One is a Champions League coach, the other is a mid table to Uefa Cup coach. It is a bit like comparing Rafael Benitez with Glenn Roeder.
Fussballgott
Egg
Egg

Post by Fussballgott »

Oh God Ayo you never give, do you? If given the choice between two coaches: One qualifies the team for champions league, doesn't end up only as the last in the table but also sets up one of the worst performances any German team participating at this level has ever had. He then goes on to plummet this same team to the bottom of the league in the following season.
The other coach is a seasoned one. Has trained several teams and scouted many talents in the process. Even though his records aren't superb, he has some level of consistency.
Now as a rational human being, who would you go for. Don't misunderstand me because I ain't a fan of Schaefer's.

Sean Carter
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Fussballgott wrote:Oh God Ayo you never give, do you? If given the choice between two coaches: One qualifies the team for champions league, doesn't end up only as the last in the table but also sets up one of the worst performances any German team participating at this level has ever had. He then goes on to plummet this same team to the bottom of the league in the following season.
The other coach is a seasoned one. Has trained several teams and scouted many talents in the process. Even though his records aren't superb, he has some level of consistency.
Now as a rational human being, who would you go for. Don't misunderstand me because I ain't a fan of Schaefer's.
Watch the Indomitable Lions get back to winning ways if Thomas Doll is appointed head coach.
Fussballgott
Egg
Egg

Post by Fussballgott »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Fussballgott wrote:Oh God Ayo you never give, do you? If given the choice between two coaches: One qualifies the team for champions league, doesn't end up only as the last in the table but also sets up one of the worst performances any German team participating at this level has ever had. He then goes on to plummet this same team to the bottom of the league in the following season.
Watch the Indomitable Lions get back to winning ways if Thomas Doll is appointed head coach.
If you say so, Ayo.

Sean Carter
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Fussballgott wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
If you say so, Ayo.
Please pass my message on to Fecafoot!
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

FECAFOOT chose the Cam _Togo game because it was more lucrative. Haan wanted Cam CIV which was to be in Europe (France). His reasons being, he would have the players to work with for about four days and said if the match could not hold they should play a team there rather than force the players to do an 18 hr journey to Lome for the game on Wednesday and then return to their clubs on Thursday without any guarantees that the players will return in time per the FIFA guidelines. This would mean that he would have barely a day of practice with the players. Also, the details of the Togo- Cam game are not yet finalized but FECAFOOT is bent on seeing this through.
Well, FECAFOOT preferred the money to building a solid team.
A few weeks back when he released the list of players for the friendly, he was accused of not including youngsters. he says he asked to be part of the delegation to Congo but he was never included.
No fault of Haan if you ask me.
The beauty of it all is that he was paid in advance.
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993