Yobo's lack of leadership will cost Nigeria dear

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Cmon now.. Nigeria and Senegal have equivalent talent levels. Plus if we look at the last three or four ANCs, the Senegalese have done just fine!

Senegal
2002 -- Finals
2004 - QFs
2006 - Semis

Nigeria
2002 - Semis
2004 - Semis
2006 - Semis

Now compare this to results of Mali and Guinea!

So I really don't see much of a difference between the two sides. ;-) If brothers like you don't recognize the amount of work that needs to be done by the Eagles, then the same mistakes are bound to be repeated!

The Eagle wrote:
YUJAM wrote:No overhyping here, bro! They are good! The combinations they pull out of midfield are just plain scary. Fast exchange of passes while on the move.
Let them keep doing it. One good year doth not a mountain make (actually 6 good months, as their Nations Cup was neither here nor there).
Yujam wrote: Senegal has a similar problem to Nigeria. Lot's of talent but nothing is done to build a team from the talent pool. Ghana have worked on this for a while and now they are reaping the benefits!
No. Senegal has a similar problem to MALI or GUINEA, lots of talent on paper but second-tier results to show for it. Yes, yes, one good year .... like Bulgaria in 1994. :lol:

Nigeria's problem is different. Getting to the medal rounds of the Nations Cup is not the problem. The problem is going that short extra distance past bronze/silver to the trophy.
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

YUJAM wrote:Cmon now.. Nigeria and Senegal have equivalent talent levels. Plus if we look at the last three or four ANCs, the Senegalese have done just fine!

Senegal
2002 -- Finals
2004 - QFs
2006 - Semis

Nigeria
2002 - Semis
2004 - Semis
2006 - Semis

Now compare this to results of Mali and Guinea!

So I really don't see much of a difference between the two sides. ;-) If brothers like you don't recognize the amount of work that needs to be done by the Eagles, then the same mistakes are bound to be repeated!
Yujam, Senegal won 2 and lost 4 in NC'06 .... while Naija won 5 and lost 1. But who cares ....

Of course the Eagles need work. The Eagles always need work. Sadly fans arguing with each other in beer parlours probably do more work on the Eagles than anyone in our football hierarchy. :lol:

PS: Back to topic .... we need to find a partner for Yobo. And a better midfield to protect them.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
john_doe
Egg
Egg

Post by john_doe »

As a Ghanaian I think the Eagle I admire most is Yobo, I dont see why he shd be deposed as captain after a friendly loss (he was captain when the SE beat the BS in 06).
That said, I think Taiwo is the most passionate Eagle (from the matches I've seen anyway), he's powerful, tireless and very forceful + he scores goals both for club and country
blah blah blah
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Yujam, no be your fault, na de SE cause make you dey tell us to aspire to the level of midgets!!!. Why did you not say this before the match? Keep rubbing it in, I assure you that the SE would come back bigger and better, and would shame all our detractors!!!
I am happy
KwabenaDankwa
Egg
Egg

Post by KwabenaDankwa »

Very funny thread...see how this common beating we gave you has made Ayo go overdrive with his 10 pointers..so 2 of the goals were due to a weak offside trap...

funny thread.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Mapet:

Young man, the point is this...and I will make it clear just so you understand.....how can a forceful captain stop a bad team from conceding 4 goals? It doesnt work that way. Now, I may have missed my keshi statistic and I admitted it...but does that mean there never was a game where we were roundly beaten in the presence of Captain Keshi?? I think not.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

deanotito wrote:Mapet:

Young man, the point is this...and I will make it clear just so you understand.....how can a forceful captain stop a bad team from conceding 4 goals? It doesnt work that way. Now, I may have missed my keshi statistic and I admitted it...but does that mean there never was a game where we were roundly beaten in the presence of Captain Keshi?? I think not.
Keep deluding yourself. I believe Nigeria would have kept a clean sheet against Ghana had Chukwu, Keshi, Naybet, Radebe or Song been playing instead of Yobo.