Can't even convert all the chances & YET We Want him 4 A

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Can't even convert all the chances & YET We Want him 4 A

Post by VINDAVE »

Inter Produce Second Half Come Back

http://www.vanguardngr.com/articles/200 ... 12004.html

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Inter won with a commanding second half performance at San Siro against a good fighting but wasteful Lecce who could have easily been two goals up by half time. Lecce started off strong in the first half and immediately took the lead thanks to Bovo’s first Serie A goal who headed past Toldo from a Chevanton corner.

The corner was the result of a mistake by Cannavaro whose back pass towards Toldo was far from perfect.

Inter tried to react immediately however Cruz and Martins were not able to convert into goals the chances they had.

Lecce did not just defend and even created some very good goal scoring opportunities with Chevanton and Konan which seemed to rattle Inter badly and could not get back in the game. Lecce were in control of the match and created numerous chances however poor finishing prevented them from taking the lead. On the other hand Inter looked in disarray as Vieri was not able to receive any playable balls. However as time went on, Inter pressed more and finally emerged with some good opportunities which came on the feet of Vieri and Adani. The second half started off where it left, as Inter pressed hard to score the goal that could unblock them, and in fact in the 51st minute, Cruz drew level for the nerazzurri when from an
indirect free-kick the Argentinean shot past Poleksis. This goal
obviously helped the Inter moral as the Lecce players were probably remembering the abundant number of chances they missed in the first half. This still did not stop Lecce from creating more chances but once again it was Inter who scored as Cordoba headed home an Emre corner in the 60th minute.

From then on, the number of real goal scoring chances decreased, however the match remained entertaining as both teams kept pressing to score another goal. In these occasions the best players
always turn up the style and so it was in the 86th minute with Vieri
who scored his 100th goal for Inter and surprisingly celebrated his
goal, contrary to recent months.
refree
Egg
Egg
re

Post by refree »

for reel...i watched the whole game and to be honest ...the man spurned a lot of good chances ....thats the thing about him....he kinda reminds me of what a brisitsh commentator said about andy cole..."scores a lot and wastes a lot"....i dont think he will be missed that much...hes still very unpolished as a striker....
elhadji
Egg
Egg

Post by elhadji »

he was brought down for the free kick which cruz converted to score the first goal.
he gave a wonderful through ball to vieri to put him one on one with the goalie for the second goal.

That sounds like a good performance to me. 2 assists.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

elhadji wrote:he was brought down for the free kick which cruz converted to score the first goal.
he gave a wonderful through ball to vieri to put him one on one with the goalie for the second goal.

That sounds like a good performance to me. 2 assists.
What a WONDERFUL assists though, but could not CONVERT his own into GOALS.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

But you can always score every time, even Van Nilsteroy misses goals likewise. Abeg make una softly! softly!! dey scrutinize the boy!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Men i think its a wrath of a scorned SE fan. The guy is entitled to an off day
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Guys..let's leave Martins alone..I saw the second half of the game, and even though Martins did not score, like elhadji said, he created two nice assists and plenty of problems for the Lecce defense...
bim007
Egg
Egg

Post by bim007 »

I'm of the opinion that Martins is not yet ripe for the super eagles. This is just his first full season and he is not yet the mature striker peoplle say he is.

Aghahowa is still our best striker, we should think of someone to support him but not Martins.

Martins should play in under 20 or under 23 not the super eagles. He is not matured yet. Else what happened to Ogbeche may happen to him. Expecting too much from a young lad.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

....here we go.....they shrine him to the high heavens, then they turn on him!

...its then syndrome of Utaka, Ogbeche, Yak, and Yobo....all over again!

Fickle Nigerian fans!
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

wiseone, i was thinking the exact same thing. Now we have people like Robbynice deluding themselves into thinking Aiyegbeni is better and that Martins is overrated, or not good enough for the SE. Sad, sad people!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...I just KNEW this would happen.....I recall sending a post about 4 months ago saying that forumites would turn on Martins once it appeared that he was anything less than the new Pele.
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

na wa for awa pipul oo. Now Martins is a wastepipe just because he turned a call-up down?
This kind of post/comments just shows the kind of people u guys are in real life.
I bow :roll:
abakwa
Egg
Egg

Post by abakwa »

The boy is still very raw and needs to polish his game. Overall, he played decent and nothing special. He lacks goal instincts always always atempting to control the ball before looking for a shot. He needs to watch some Van Basten videos to see how it's done.
Forget that crap about assists and getting fouled does not count as one, else Fakepipo Inzagi will have 50 of those. Vieri actually faked to Cruz, so you could give him a cheap one of those jokes.
Signature Line 1 per Robby
Signature Line 2 per Robby
Signature Line 3 per Robby
Signature Line 4 per Robby
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Kai Naija people una useless to the core!Thats why shrinnin a player never ends good when it comes to Naija!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
African Star
Egg
Egg

Post by African Star »

The kind of game Martins had is the kind of game Ayo crucifies Yakubu for.
“Whoever invented football should be worshiped as a God.” Hugo Sanchez, Mexican soccer player and coach
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

VINDAVE, Another one again kai , wonders will never end, nah way for u , at least change ur tie
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Bigpokey24 wrote:VINDAVE, Another one again kai , wonders will never end, nah way for u , at least change ur tie
Once a Moron always a MORON... That is what u are.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

well at least ur true colors are coming out , 419 or stealing post /copy paste would lead u know where but to kirikireee, or Angola (new orleans
SuperEagles

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Bigpokey24 wrote:well at least ur true colors are coming out , 419 or stealing post /copy paste would lead u know where but to kirikireee, or Angola (new orleans
Why borther wasting my time on you faceless angel*. This is the very last time I will ever reply to your posts.... for all I care you can continue in your STUPIDITIES and AGBEROH LiFe. BAD RADIANT TO BAD RUBISH.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

thank goodness am about to get rid of this 419 copy paste theif, thank goodness , ahh at least there is still some hope , well lets pray this mumu(VINDAVE, ) agrees he is an obologbo copy and paste crook :evil:
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

VINDAVE, by the way how old are u,? probably not to old to educate the masses about ur unknown activities , b4 today is over, i can bet we would have read up to 200 copy and paste thread from this 419 guardian employee of the month
SuperEagles

Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

Martins probably isnt as clinical but that is just one game out of the numerous games he has done impressively. His refusal to play for Naija leaves me speechless but that is not to say the boy isnt HOT!
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Even the world's best have missed chances.
who no know go know.