20 things I have to say about this match and Berti's start

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
20 things I have to say about this match and Berti's start

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] First of all, can I add that a 1-0 scoreline is totally unacceptable. Today, South Africa won 3-0 in Chad, Tunisia won 3-0 in the Seychelles and Senegal beat Tanzania 4-0. Our Eagles owed us that kind of win at the very least
[2] Apart from the scoreline, the disjointed display just gave you the impression that the players had never met before. It was very Uwua-like and as bad as the nonsense we showed against Niger and Lesotho
[3] I for one place the blame firmly at the feet of Berti Vogts because as chief coach, he has ultimate responsibility for the team
[4] My biggest criticism of Berti is that he allowed his personal assistant Emeka Ezeala to call up players for him. Berti is under the illusion that simply because he is an ex player, Emeka is fully up to speed with developments and knows what is happening with all our players
[5] When I last spoke to Ezeala, I was the one who told him that Yakubu is suspended, that Tamuz has played for Israel, that Agbonlahor has declared his loyalty to England and that his list contained several injured players such as Udeze. Now Berti thinks this guy is an encyclopedia on Nigerian football but he is a total ignoramus, who probably only watches the ANC
[6] More worrying is the fact that Emeka is an agent. I challenge him to tell me how Ajide Akinde got on the original list of 37. This boy plays in the Swiss second division. Who watched him, what games was it they saw and who televised the match?
[7] Looking at the 22 who were in Abeokuta, I challenge Emeka to tell us how Isaac Okoronkwo got into the squad. It is not that he was not provided with a list of better players or natural right backs
[8] Berti, however, must take the blame for not acting immediately he saw what was going on. One training session should have told him that things were not OK and he should have immediately called up a local right back like Bob Usim, Femi Adebayo or Ekene Emigo
[9] On the issue of the game itself, I am sure you will all recall my objections as soon as I saw the line-up. I got a feeling similar to that which I got when I saw Eguavoen's line-up against Ivory Coast. You know a crap line-up when you see one
[10] Berti's only defence is that he does not know our players and as such, he was misled by those around him like Ezeala and Eguavoen
[11] I really cannot still believe that Utaka and Ayila did not start this match. It was sheer suicide!
[12] As you all know, Taiye Taiwo is not a full back but a wing back. His main strength is driving forward, shipping balls in and delivering crosses. The same goes for Chidi Odiah. If you are not using them that way, I would suggest dropping them, altogether
[13] Take it or leave it but the formation best suited to our current crop of players is 3-5-2. Any other formation will result in a lot of them being played out of position. Berti must be told to either play this formation or hand in his notice
[14] For me, Odiah was the only absentee from this game, so our problem was not personnel. It was the way those in camp were used, the team selection and the tactics applied that was the problem
[15] Now I know Kanu scored but anyone being carried away by that goal is just being deluded. Looking at some of the many teams that played today, what made them tick was their off-the-ball movement, running into space, dragging opponents all over the pitch and tireless movement. Kanu simply does not give you that and I would rather have an energetic Utaka in there to hurt the opposition more
[16] I am still at a loss as to why every coach we has keeps using Chris Obodo out of position. For Udinese, this boy is a gem because he is used in his natural position. Obodo is a central midfielder. Period!
[17] Our players too must take some blame for this embarassing debacle and show of shame. Even if the selection, formation and tactics were crap, they could have got a bit more out of the game with a bit of spirit, tenacity and fight. They simply did not turn up today
[18] The only thing that gives me a bit of hope is that alarm bells will now start ringing and it will be made clear that things have to change. I fully expect the Nigerian media to tear Berti to shreds tomorrow
[19] Can add that despite all his shortcomings, Beeti still represents a huge improvement on our local coaches. He has monitored diets, introduced discipline, kept hangers-on away from the camp and got our boys properly kitted and prepared. Who is to say that we would not have lost that match with Eguavoen in charge of the team?
[20] For the away game to Uganda, I want to see this 3-5-2 line-up:

****************Martins*************Utaka**************

**************************Mikel***********************

**************Obodo**************Ayila****************

***Taiwo**************************************Odiah***

*********Nwaneri**********Yobo**********Afolabi*********

*************************Ejide************************
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Yada yada yada. You've managed to shift the blame to Emeka. I hold the head coach responsible. He was nable to change the game, even from the bench, an accusation you've levelled at IC's for a long time.

Loking at your line up, hy the same names? I'm looking for revelations, not trying to save the environment by recycling same names.
12LION
Egg
Egg

Post by 12LION »

Ayo,
Shame on you. Not a word about Naija's savior Kanu. When are you ever going to admit that he is the greatest SE ever.
PEACE!!!
12lion
12LION
Egg
Egg

Post by 12LION »

Ayo,
Shame on you. Not a word about Naija's savior Kanu. When are you ever going to admit that he is the greatest SE ever.
PEACE!!!
12lion
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

This arrived as I was about to go to the toilet. Now I have appropriate toilet paper. Make I begin my business and then I go respond to the waste material wey dey on top.

Your indirect summation is to blame Emeka Ezeala. My friend, Vogts is being paid millions. You can call Ezeala's name from now till tomorrow, the millions we pay Vogts ensures that the buck stops at his door.
Where are the same descriptive terms you use when ICs exhibit this type of performance? This is among the worst performances in the history of Nigeria against an African opposition.

On another note, I see you have changed your mind again.

[11] I really cannot still believe that Utaka and Ayila did not start this match. It was sheer suicide!

You know you have flipped flopped on this twice already in just less than 4 hours. :roll: First you said any forumer who did not have Ayinla's name first on the list was crazy and that no German coach would omit the only true DM we have.
Then when the list was released you opined that it was good becos Ayinla was match rusty. Now you have come full circle. Ebi like go slow don jam well well for ya head.

What is scary is that Vogts does not seem to have the eye for talent. Any coach even an IC would have seen that Okoronkwo is passed it. Yet Berti was oblivious.
Any coach even our ICs of late have seen that Finjana is too much of a liability in the midfield. Yet Berti saw him as a better fit than Ayinla.

Only a coach who already has $150,000 sitting in the bank will allow Emeka Ezeala to dictate his fate. If this is your excuse after rambling for a useless 20 points, then you and your oga are daft.

Vogts better take this job seriously because by the look of things, the Ghana scoreline was not a fluke. In fact, it was not reflective of the true situation.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Ayo,
Emeka is Berti Vogts's PA. Period. I imagine he has no input with regards to Eagles call up. Before you make allegations that Emeka is an agent, you must be ready to provide evidence. Merely typing your 10(this time 20) pointers is not enough. There are numerous agents on this site who thinks the great majority of CE are fools. At the end of the day, many are interested about CE purely for self aggrandisement. Before you question Emeka's integrity, are you not an agent too ?

Berti's handling of the Super Eagles is work in progress. The more he acquaint himself with the players the better for him.
Yiba
Egg
Egg

Post by Yiba »

Ayo,
Emeka is Berti Vogts's PA. Period. I imagine he has no input with regards to Eagles call up. Before you make allegations that Emeka is an agent, you must be ready to provide evidence. Merely typing your 10(this time 20) pointers is not enough. There are numerous agents on this site who thinks the great majority of CE are fools. At the end of the day, many are interested about CE purely for self aggrandisement. Before you question Emeka's integrity, are you not an agent too ?

Berti's handling of the Super Eagles is work in progress. The more he acquaint himself with the players the better for him.
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

Ayo would Vogts have won 3-0 if he took over at halftime in Brentford.... :lol:
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

This performance was surely worse than the 2-0 victory against Niger as it could been easily 4-0 if not for a few shots that hit the bar and Yakubu's goal disallowed for offside. I did not see the game in Lesotho, but a 0-1 win away with a poor performance is MUCH better than a 1-0 win based on "good fortune" at home.

This was surely the worst SE game I have seen in a long time....at least against Ghana we were able to pass the ball and had some half-decent chances in the first half.

I have not seen a display in shooting this poor since I was a kid watching green eagles blasting shots wayward......adokie to muda lawal....muda lawal to segun odegbami, he beats one, he beats two then back to muda lawal.....over di bar!!

I am guessing that the pre-match and half-time talks were in german, or a variant of english not understood by any of our boys.

I am awaiting a clear explanation from Vogts for such a poor performance!
amanda_1
Egg
Egg

Post by amanda_1 »

Killa Adjei wrote:Ayo would Vogts have won 3-0 if he took over at halftime in Brentford.... :lol:
kai..... :lol: :lol:
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

12LION wrote:Ayo,
PEACE!!!
12lion
The same Kanu he was bashing a few days ago saying he is not SE material saved us once more. If only the players who are SE material in Ayo's eyes can play as badly as Kanu.
After the last ANC I dont know how anyone can fault the inclusion of Kanu to any Nigerian squad.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Ayo u be Ode and an Oyinbo a$$ licker. We pay that yeye Vogts money and you are tell me that one Emeka is to blame for this yeye result ?

I think we should fire that Vogts if he's not going to take his job seriously. He should have watched all the tapes and make better choice than he did today, based on what he did today I think Egu and CCC are better.

NFA should sack him if we play like this in our next game, we don't have time for lazy employer that is only interested in his salary.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

mastermind wrote:Ayo u be Ode and an Oyinbo a$$ licker. We pay that yeye Vogts money and you are tell me that one Emeka is to blame for this yeye result ?

I think we should fire that Vogts if he's not going to take his job seriously. He should have watched all the tapes and make better choice than he did today, based on what he did today I think Egu and CCC are better.

NFA should sack him if we play like this in our next game, we don't have time for lazy employer that is only interested in his salary.
I've said this from day one and he continues to prove me right. Berti is a LAZY LAZY coach! Ayo is here telling us that he relied on some Emeka for names. Ok, Berti had 4+ weeks since he came in, so he couldn't ask for tapes of each of those players Emeka gave him so he can decide which one he wants? I mean, if he's delegating his scouting duties to others doesn't that shout "LAZINESS"???? I remember Ayo used to come here screaming how Egu doesn't scout (even after he went to Belguim, England etc...). He said he doesn't scout, that once we have an FC he will be scouting and unearthing players. Is it Toto Tamuz that Berti is going to unearth for us? Where is the scouting after receiving 3 months of pay? This guy even refuses to live in Nigeria, so who is he going to scout? The known players? Does he need to scout Mikel, Kanu, Martins? I mean come on, this guy is lazy, when we finally wake up to this fact it will be too late and he would have chopped so much of our money that could have gone into training up our coaches, fixing our stadiums, improving our entire footballing infrastructure!

O IM SOOOO MAD TODAY!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

muhahahahaha, now its Emeka fault. :lol: :lol: :lol:
=is the teknika advaisa clueless that he cant do his own research?
He watched us in early February, signed sometime soon after, anybody looking to make a mark starts work immediately, does research on the net, obtains game tapes from his fellow Europeans etc but no all he is worried about is getting paid 3 months in advance
=it was the teknika advaisa that chose Isaac to play right back (what a bonehead move). With five players in camp more suited to the position (Yobo, Afolabi, Nwaneri, Obiefule, Enakhahire), the teknika advaisa went with option 6
=Beatrice doesnt know our players but his mates could get solid results in their first outings, isnt this the same argument to rubbish Egu's results?
=our players played crap and strolled around, so i guess they dont play for anybody, white man or black man, if it was Egu on the bench, you'll tell us he cant motivate the players because they dont respect him etc
=you opened so many 10 point agendas once Vogts was hired promising us caviar etc Well i know sardines when i see dem, This is unacceptable and you are required to hand in your keyboard.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

maceo4 wrote:
mastermind wrote:Ayo u be Ode and an Oyinbo a$$ licker. We pay that yeye Vogts money and you are tell me that one Emeka is to blame for this yeye result ?

I've said this from day one and he continues to prove me right. Berti is a LAZY LAZY coach! Ayo is here telling us that he relied on some Emeka for names. Ok, Berti had 4+ weeks since he came in, so he couldn't ask for tapes of each of those players Emeka gave him so he can decide which one he wants? I mean, if he's delegating his scouting duties to others doesn't that shout "LAZINESS"???? I remember Ayo used to come here screaming how Egu doesn't scout (even after he went to Belguim, England etc...). He said he doesn't scout, that once we have an FC he will be scouting and unearthing players. Is it Toto Tamuz that Berti is going to unearth for us? Where is the scouting after receiving 3 months of pay? This guy even refuses to live in Nigeria, so who is he going to scout? The known players? Does he need to scout Mikel, Kanu, Martins? I mean come on, this guy is lazy, when we finally wake up to this fact it will be too late and he would have chopped so much of our money that could have gone into training up our coaches, fixing our stadiums, improving our entire footballing infrastructure!

O IM SOOOO MAD TODAY!
The enboldened quote was the moment I knew Nigeria had a problem and the daft NFA still went ahead and hired him. How do you build soccer in Nigeria and scout our local players when you are only here part time? Coaching Nigeria is a full time job and he is being paid handsomely. The only time he should be in Europe is scouting our players.

Right now, I would take Westerhoff over this guy in a heart beat. The man lives in our country and he is not even the coach. Plus he has done it before. Vogts is in above his head and by the time he realizes it, we maybe in trouble. I hope this is a wake up call and that he sits up right away. We dont need someone to come and take our football ambitions for granted.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Vogts does not live in Naija FT?
Does this mean he'll be on his way out by say Tuesday/Wednesday?
That f'g sucks.

I think that's why Cameroun and Arie Haan parted ways - dude wanted to be away from the country and only show up for games.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

tfco wrote:Vogts does not live in Naija FT?
Does this mean he'll be on his way out by say Tuesday/Wednesday?
That f'g sucks.

I think that's why Cameroun and Arie Haan parted ways - dude wanted to be away from the country and only show up for games.
nah, his excuse is that, most of our players play in Europe, so he will be in the country invariably.

What nonsense,
GIN
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GIN »

[10] Berti's only defence is that he does not know our players and as such, he was misled by those around him like Ezeala and Eguavoen

Ayo, You are a shameless individual for stating the above.
Samson Siasia speaking FACTs about 2008.
“I have been waiting for this job for almost three years now and that was before the 2008 Beijing Olympics. I was to be the coach of the Super Eagles after the interview conducted for the job. But that time I said no, I wasn’t ready. Now that I am ready, I am not intimidated at all. I am ready for this job,” he declared matter-of-factly" http://africanfootball.mtnfootball.com/ ... m_ID=36099
Godfather
Egg
Egg
Re: 20 thgings I have to say about this match and Berti's st

Post by Godfather »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] First of all, can I add that a 1-0 scoreline is totally unacceptable. Today, South Africa won 3-0 in Chad, Tunisia won 3-0 in the Seychelles and Senegal beat Tanzania 4-0. Our Eagles owed us that kind of win at the very least
[2] Apart from the scoreline, the disjointed display just gave you the impression that the players had never met before. It was very Uwua-like and as bad as the nonsense we showed against Niger and Lesotho
[3] I for one place the blame firmly at the feet of Berti Vogts because as chief coach, he has ultimate responsibility for the team
[4] My biggest criticism of Berti is that he allowed his personal assistant Emeka Ezeala to call up players for him. Berti is under the illusion that simply because he is an ex player, Emeka is fully up to speed with developments and knows what is happening with all our players
[5] When I last spoke to Ezeala, I was the one who told him that Yakubu is suspended, that Tamuz has played for Israel, that Agbonlahor has declared his loyalty to England and that his list contained several injured players such as Udeze. Now Berti thinks this guy is an encyclopedia on Nigerian football but he is a total ignoramus, who probably only watches the ANC
[6] More worrying is the fact that Emeka is an agent. I challenge him to tell me how Ajide Akinde got on the original list of 37. This boy plays in the Swiss second division. Who watched him, what games was it they saw and who televised the match?
[7] Looking at the 22 who were in Abeokuta, I challenge Emeka to tell us how Isaac Okoronkwo got into the squad. It is not that he was not provided with a list of better players or natural right backs
[8] Berti, however, must take the blame for not acting immediately he saw what was going on. One training session should have told him that things were not OK and he should have immediately called up a local right back like Bob Usim, Femi Adebayo or Ekene Emigo
[9] On the issue of the game itself, I am sure you will all recall my objections as soon as I saw the line-up. I got a feeling similar to that which I got when I saw Eguavoen's line-up against Ivory Coast. You know a crap line-up when you see one
[12] As you all know, Taiye Taiwo is not a full back but a wing back. His main strength is driving forward, shipping balls in and delivering crosses. The same goes for Chidi Odiah. If you are not using them that way, I would suggest dropping them, altogether
[13] Take it or leave it but the formation best suited to our current crop of players is 3-5-2. Any other formation will result in a lot of them being played out of position. Berti must be told to either play this formation or hand in his notice
[14] For me, Odiah was the only absentee from this game, so our problem was not personnel. It was the way those in camp were used, the team selection and the tactics applied that was the problem
[15] Now I know Kanu scored but anyone being carried away by that goal is just being deluded. Looking at some of the many teams that played today, what made them tick was their off-the-ball movement, running into space, dragging opponents all over the pitch and tireless movement. Kanu simply does not give you that and I would rather have an energetic Utaka in there to hurt the opposition more
[16] I am still at a loss as to why every coach we has keeps using Chris Obodo out of position. For Udinese, this boy is a gem because he is used in his natural position. Obodo is a central midfielder. Period!
[17] Our players too must take some blame for this embarassing debacle and show of shame. Even if the selection, formation and tactics were crap, they could have got a bit more out of the game with a bit of spirit, tenacity and fight. They simply did not turn up today
[18] The only thing that gives me a bit of hope is that alarm bells will now start ringing and it will be made clear that things have to change. I fully expect the Nigerian media to tear Berti to shreds tomorrow
[19] Can add that despite all his shortcomings, Beeti still represents a huge improvement on our local coaches. He has monitored diets, introduced discipline, kept hangers-on away from the camp and got our boys properly kitted and prepared. Who is to say that we would not have lost that match with Eguavoen in charge of the team?

Senseless post :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

I thought I read several quotes from Vogts about the acceptibility of the pitch and being fully responsible for team selection. We should not apply double standards for FC and IC. Vogts should take his share of the blame for the inept performance and start earning the money sitting in his bank account. To claim that he was mislead is ridiculous, knowing fully well that the buck stops at him!

This was a terrible performance with the only consolation being a win (albeit controversial with the apparent last minute equaliser). The measure of Vogts ability will be based on the reaction to this match in the away games to Uganda and Niger and the home game to Lesotho.

I would expect that we should be having more training camps and friendly matches. This should result in team building. I strongly feel that we should have training camps in Nigeria and play friendlies against some African opposition, as one boys don "oyinbo' finish! Camping in Faro and playing on lush surfaces against Oyinbo would not prepare this team for a visit to Kampala or Niamey!

I find it funny that Kanu scored and Osaze was voted man-of-the-match...two players I believe a "poster or 10 pointers" felt should not make team!!

Football is a funny old game, however, I find it hard to fanthom that with all the talent at our disposal, we are currently fumbling while our "mates" are storming their way en route to Ghana 2008.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

damn :shock: a 20 pointer
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 20 thgings I have to say about this match and Berti's st

Post by Cmoke »

So u saw 20 things wrong in a match handled by your belowed gay white coach.

Given that u usually find 10 things wrong with CCC handled matches, are u subconciously telling us that Berty is twice as bad as CCC?

Cmoke :D :D :D

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] First of all, can I add that a 1-0 scoreline is totally unacceptable. Today, South Africa won 3-0 in Chad, Tunisia won 3-0 in the Seychelles and Senegal beat Tanzania 4-0. Our Eagles owed us that kind of win at the very least

G

Post by G »

For Ayo to say all these bad things about the Berie administation, things must be bad!

He also seems not to like Emeka Ezeala! He must have dumped him!