Ayo, you don enter trouble!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Fegwu wrote:
lagos777 wrote:
Fegwu wrote:Mr. Ezeala is blowing hot air.

Ikpoba is always taking people in.

:?:
It is a text message - he does not have a case to even begin with. It could have been Waffiman or Sir V using Ayo Akinfe's phone. It could have been anyone.

I am sure his lawyer will tell him this.

Now if he decides to go use juju on Ayo, he better be sure he was upright in his dealings so that it does not backfire.
Even if Ayo wrote it here on CE, Ezeala's case would be weak for various reasons. You have to understand the elements/principles of law governing defamation/libel.

The point is that it is wrong for Ayo to openly say things about these folks without backing it up with evidence. You cannot come here and say Ezeala collects bribe but I am not at liberty to provide proof because the player who told me asked me not to reveal his name. Well, if you cannot reveal the player's name, dont make allegations against the official.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

You guys are joking over what is a cancer tearing our team apart. Just to give you a snipet of what is going on, read this:

I actually want the NFA to refer some of the call-ups to the EFCC because it is clear that the original list of 37 had corruption written all over it. Check out the following:

Ajide Akande - Plies his trade in the Swiss second division. Nobody has seen him play yet he got called up. Within hours of the list being released, he was giving interviews on Complete Sport. How was he scouted? Who watched him? What game did he play in? Is there a match report of how he performed? Is anyone here really trying to tell me that Akande is a better central midfielder than Eromoigbe, Stephen or Salami?

Toto Tamuz - His call-up was simply used as a means of pressurising the Israeli interior ministry into giving him a passport. Within days of him being called up, he was granted it.

Isaac Okoronkwo - It is no longer a secret that he has spent the last month buying Nigerian journalists to give him good publicity. We should ask for a list of everyone his agent contacted. Several CE journalists were contacted and offered brown envelopes to publicise Okoronkwo.

At the end of the day, Berti must carry the can for this. What stopped Vogts asking Eguavoen to compile him a list of local players or get him videos of them? Personally, I think he should have come to Nigeria to watch them play himself but it is just criminal for a coach to ask his PA to call up a player he has never seen.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

I don't know why you guys are talking about court. Na jungle justice the guy go dish out!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Waffiman wrote:Oga Chief, I know say Ayo dey out of order but I gotta give my kudos to Ayo. He felt passionate about it to do something about it. At least Emeka Ezeala now knows he is being watched and in future if there is anything on-towards going on he will be scrutinised and made to answer for it.
WAFFI:
Although Mr. Ezeala would be hardpressed to sustain a libel case in the courts...
Let's be clear about one thing: what AYO reportedly did was morally repugnant!
<
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:I actually want the NFA to refer some of the call-ups to the EFCC because it is clear that the original list of 37 had corruption written all over it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Babafad wrote:I don't know why you guys are talking about court. Na jungle justice the guy go dish out!
That one too good. It's not like Ayo can do 100 metres in 4 hours or somemthing. So Emeka will have no problem catching up with his AZZ :D :D :D
Last edited by pajimoh on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:You guys are joking over what is a cancer tearing our team apart. Just to give you a snipet of what is going on, read this:

I actually want the NFA to refer some of the call-ups to the EFCC because it is clear that the original list of 37 had corruption written all over it. Check out the following:

Ajide Akande - Plies his trade in the Swiss second division. Nobody has seen him play yet he got called up. Within hours of the list being released, he was giving interviews on Complete Sport. How was he scouted? Who watched him? What game did he play in? Is there a match report of how he performed? Is anyone here really trying to tell me that Akande is a better central midfielder than Eromoigbe, Stephen or Salami?

Toto Tamuz - His call-up was simply used as a means of pressurising the Israeli interior ministry into giving him a passport. Within days of him being called up, he was granted it.

Isaac Okoronkwo - It is no longer a secret that he has spent the last month buying Nigerian journalists to give him good publicity. We should ask for a list of everyone his agent contacted. Several CE journalists were contacted and offered brown envelopes to publicise Okoronkwo.

At the end of the day, Berti must carry the can for this. What stopped Vogts asking Eguavoen to compile him a list of local players or get him videos of them? Personally, I think he should have come to Nigeria to watch them play himself but it is just criminal for a coach to ask his PA to call up a player he has never seen.
If you had any sense you would realize that the person you are accusing of corruption is Vogts. The moment he agreed for the list to be released under his name, it meant that he picked the squad.

Even if he delegated the duties to a monkey, the fact that Vogts, as head coach, consented for the list to be released under his name means that he is responsible. Full stop.
Catalyst
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Catalyst »

mke1010 wrote:Even if Ayo wrote it here on CE, Ezeala's case would be weak for various reasons. You have to understand the elements/principles of law governing defamation/libel.

The point is that it is wrong for Ayo to openly say things about these folks without backing it up with evidence. You cannot come here and say Ezeala collects bribe but I am not at liberty to provide proof because the player who told me asked me not to reveal his name. Well, if you cannot reveal the player's name, dont make allegations against the official.
Thanks for clearing that up.

On your second point, Ayo Akinfe would be well served to listen and consider. I know we throw names/accusations around here sometimes easily for fun but there comes a time when we must be cautious as well....
Christ died for our sins, and was resurrected for our sake. This is indisputable. This is the center of it all.
The earth is not our home.

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/7711/opaks.gif
http://www.katzy.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/bsflag.gif
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Gotti wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Oga Chief, I know say Ayo dey out of order but I gotta give my kudos to Ayo. He felt passionate about it to do something about it. At least Emeka Ezeala now knows he is being watched and in future if there is anything on-towards going on he will be scrutinised and made to answer for it.
WAFFI:
Although Mr. Ezeala would be hardpressed to sustain a libel case in the courts...
<
Abeg, he has the right to question the team list, and report am to EFCC, to be honest, that list was suspect. So there is no morally repugniness in anything here. If Ezeala is innocent, he will stand the test of time.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
G

Post by G »

Chei, Ayo " The Liar" Akinfe! This has been coming for a long time, let me tell you! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mke1010 wrote:If you had any sense you would realize that the person you are accusing of corruption is Vogts. The moment he agreed for the list to be released under his name, it meant that he picked the squad.

Even if he delegated the duties to a monkey, the fact that Vogts, as head coach, consented for the list to be released under his name means that he is responsible. Full stop.
The dude clearly does not grasp the principal-agent concept... :oops:
<
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Fegwu wrote:On your second point, Ayo Akinfe would be well served to listen and consider. I know we throw names/accusations around here sometimes easily for fun but there comes a time when we must be cautious as well....
Well said.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Gotti wrote:
WAFFI:
<
Like I say it was out of order, I cannot condone it, but I understand. It was something borne out of frustration and passion. Ayo is frustrated, he expected certain things with Vogts but got what he saw as the same old problems, so he lashed out.

I just hope Ezeala can understand that when you are in such a position, you have to put up with such things. It is football and things like this are part and parcel of the game. You gotta be thick skinned and be ready to deal with all sorts of nutters when things go wrong or not according to plan, just like you enjoy the glory when things go well.

Its football.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

AY AKINFE B4 A GERMAN COURT ON CHARGES OF LIBEL AND DEFAMATION OF CHARACTER

Court Clerk: Herr Ayo AKinfe, are guilty or not guilty?

Ayo:
1. Not so fast my broda
2. Na Ezela com fain my trouble by inviting Okoronkwo
3. If he knew anything about Naija soccer, he's know that he
shouldn't touch Okoronkwo with a barge pole
4. If not for the Civil War, can anybody argue that Ezeala would
not have invited Ife Ajuna just because he won gold at
Commonwealth Games in 1956?
5. Did you see my thread on Getting To Know Nigeria?
6. Mounrinho is stiffling Obi's talent
7. Kanu is on his last legs
8 Osaze is both a striker and a midfielder
9. The Obodo, Ayila and Obi combo is sacrosanct
10. No matter how high an animal can fly, it can never soar to the
heights of an eagle.

Oya, Suya go translate this for German for you.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ayo didn't do anything wrong here. As long as he didn't publish anything saying that Ezeala took money. All he did was refer him to the EFCC for investigation. Ezeala won't get nothing.

Freedom of speech, my brothers.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
WAFFI:
<
Please explain.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ohenhen1 wrote:Abeg, he has the right to question the team list, and report am to EFCC, to be honest, that list was suspect. So there is no morally repugniness in anything here. If Ezeala is innocent, he will stand the test of time.
AYO II:
Stop blathering about things that you know absolutely nothing about...
Which unfortunately is about every other subject that you discuss on these pages!

Questioning a team list (which we all indulge in) and sending around messages to officials accusing someone of taking bribes or other sundry corruption are two totally disparate things. And the last time that I checked, no person (particularly a private citizen) has to affirmatively establish his innocence. I am sure that if someone posted on these pages that OHENHEN-AYO is a 419 con artist and a child molester, that even you would not be so dumb as to blaisely blather on about some amorphous "test of time"!

<
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Waffiman wrote:
Gotti wrote:
WAFFI:
<
Like I say it was out of order, I cannot condone it, but I understand. It was something borne out of frustration and passion. Ayo is frustrated, he expected certain things with Vogts but got what he saw as the same old problems, so he lashed out.

I just hope Ezeala can understand that when you are in such a position, you have to put up with such things. It is football and things like this are part and parcel of the game. You gotta be thick skinned and be ready to deal with all sorts of nutters when things go wrong or not according to plan, just like you enjoy the glory when things go well.

Its football.
Waffiamn, I have an issue with this. Ayo might be passionate but he's nothing more than a fan. If every fan take this course of action everytime because what we expected had not materialised, where would we be?

If he did such thing in the West like sending such text, he would have felt the enormity of his ill thought of action
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

ayo learn learn!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

green4life wrote:Gotti defending Ayo in court: talk about an odd couple :lol:
Ayo would most likely opt for a foreign lawyer.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ayo didn't do anything wrong here. As long as he didn't publish anything saying that Ezeala took money. All he did was refer him to the EFCC for investigation. Ezeala won't get nothing.

Ohenhen one of these days you will see an old hand go dust ya face with slap wey comot you from grown people tok. :lol:
Last edited by mke1010 on Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ayo didn't do anything wrong here. As long as he didn't publish anything saying that Ezeala took money. All he did was refer him to the EFCC for investigation. Ezeala won't get nothing.

Freedom of speech? Do you that judges too have freedom to convict?

Every freedom has its responsibilities, bro.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

theYemster wrote:
green4life wrote:Gotti defending Ayo in court: talk about an odd couple :lol:
Ayo would most likely opt for a foreign lawyer.
No doubt :lol: