Nigeria V Argentina

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria V Argentina

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Man Ataye wrote:b ball not being owa ting back home, 1st olympiad, new team together etc etc iwas not exoecting dem to get out talkless of medal..this is a painful but needed lesson..we will return..just have a lot of meshing to do..still love those boys..Lets see in 4 yrs, more pros, more experience from these few.. it is all good. :thumb:
sabb wrote:according to the commentators, our bois are good individually but as a team woeful which is normal considering they haven't been together a long time, dat's a positive. Go back, train, continue to play together and with time know each others game and we mite just get there, baby steps. Keep at it d'tigers
LOL @ "Lets see in 4 yrs", you people are unbelievable. So you realistically expect that in 4 years we will turn into world beaters because he have a magical new coach and a team of second rate foreign born rejects? Some of you fans are just as bad as the people running the charade. You don't think the teams that whooped you silly will have "more experience" also?
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
pajimoh wrote:So which big star would want to play for naija now?
Hopefully none. If we can't build a basketball program then we should let basketball die a natural death, it wasn't meant to be.
We do have a basketball program (I have seen Nigerian players hold clinics for children at VGC club) and a league that is televised on SuperSports. Give it time. I just pray we dont have the equivalent of NFF and the greedy twats in football in basketball.
I know but you will agree with me that more can be done.
I agree a little but for the most I say you are expecting too much. For example this is an Argentine team that has played together for years. First quarter aside, Nigeria is holding its own against the Argies. Nigeria will get there. Give the nation time. I only pray that basketball is allowed to develop without some useless people damaging it the way we have damaged football.
I'm not expecting much o! I never expected Nigeria to win but what annoys me is the "all we need to do is call up [insert foreign born player name here] and hope that he shows up for us" approach without doing the dirty work of developing your own players.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
pajimoh wrote:So which big star would want to play for naija now?
Hopefully none. If we can't build a basketball program then we should let basketball die a natural death, it wasn't meant to be.
We do have a basketball program (I have seen Nigerian players hold clinics for children at VGC club) and a league that is televised on SuperSports. Give it time. I just pray we dont have the equivalent of NFF and the greedy twats in football in basketball.
I know but you will agree with me that more can be done.
I agree a little but for the most I say you are expecting too much. For example this is an Argentine team that has played together for years. First quarter aside, Nigeria is holding its own against the Argies. Nigeria will get there. Give the nation time. I only pray that basketball is allowed to develop without some useless people damaging it the way we have damaged football.
I'm not expecting much o! I never expected Nigeria to win but what annoys me is the "all we need to do is call up [insert foreign born player name here] and hope that he shows up for us" approach without doing the dirty work of developing your own players.
kpom... people who have never played the game , never followed the sport in international circles all of a sudden they have all the answers, ignoring all the individual sacrifices of the people involved in this team. Once again we want to use band aid to cure cancer...as well good luck to you, see where it gets as always. You know I wonder what would have happened if we have won?
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Realistically speaking Nigeria is out of the QF, because there is no way in hell Tunisia is beating Lithuania and I cant bet on us breating France....

Speaking about the team moving forward, we have the right personnel to compete with the top 5 in the world. We already beat Lithuania and Greece this year who are number 4 and 5 in the world so you know that the talent is there. All we need is the right organisation and I'm afraid this is something Nigeria is not known for, hopefully someone can see the potential in our team and help fund the team for the future.

@ Piffington, I've been reading your comments, and as usual I can tell that you dont know anything about the team and you feel very comfortable in critizing them without the correct facts. Calling professionals who have represented their country a bunch of rejects is very ill mannered coming from you.
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

Player wrote:Realistically speaking Nigeria is out of the QF, because there is no way in hell Tunisia is beating Lithuania and I cant bet on us breating France....

Speaking about the team moving forward, we have the right personnel to compete with the top 5 in the world. We already beat Lithuania and Greece this year who are number 4 and 5 in the world so you know that the talent is there. All we need is the right organisation and I'm afraid this is something Nigeria is not known for, hopefully someone can see the potential in our team and help fund the team for the future.

@ Piffington, I've been reading your comments, and as usual I can tell that you dont know anything about the team and you feel very comfortable in critizing them without the correct facts. Calling professionals who have represented their country a bunch of rejects is very ill mannered coming from you.
...you are very nice calling that ill mannered...it should be called DUMB MANNERED...my bro.Piffington...with all respect due to you no hard feelings...
..Player, tell me how many of those players were born and raised in Naija...besides Tony Skinn...?How many years have we been parading Naija born and never able to walk over ordinary EGYPT...? People can sit down at the key board and sweat...the boys are giving all they have...Player, you can take a project up by doing what you are doing with your blog...continue to expose the talents...
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Player wrote:Realistically speaking Nigeria is out of the QF, because there is no way in hell Tunisia is beating Lithuania and I cant bet on us breating France....

I have no idea what you are talking about. I wasn't calling these guys rejects, I was talking about what Nigeria would resort to doing if we don't develop a proper structure.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

LOL @ "Lets see in 4 yrs", you people are unbelievable. So you realistically expect that in 4 years we will turn into world beaters because he have a magical new coach and a team of second rate foreign born rejects?
So who were you referring to here ? you need to understand that regardless how someone's position, they are are trying to make it in life just like you....You've been critizing everything Nigeria since you've been on this forum, has anything changed ? maybe its time you take a different approach...
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Player wrote:
LOL @ "Lets see in 4 yrs", you people are unbelievable. So you realistically expect that in 4 years we will turn into world beaters because he have a magical new coach and a team of second rate foreign born rejects?
So who were you referring to here ? you need to understand that regardless how someone's position, they are are trying to make it in life just like you....You've been critizing everything Nigeria since you've been on this forum, has anything changed ? maybe its time you take a different approach...
If you re-read my post you'll find out who I was referring to.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Player wrote:
If you re-read my post you'll find out who I was referring to.
Fact of the matter is, you were referring to someone....
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I really liked the heart & hustle from our team. But our Team basketball IQ was incredibly low. And I don't even put this on the coaches. Those dudes simply can't give what they don't have :idea: Same for our hopeless Admins.

Nevertheless we have some players who have played college, pros (US and elsewhere) who have been in the game long enough to run a team. They can break down tapes, study O & D sets like others and shud be able to do better.

I am most disappointed with Aminu. Yes he is young but he is a top 10 NBA draft pick for goodness sakes.... Show that you belong, son. You are not playing against the Heat or OKC, haba.

I just felt real sad watching those boys because they cud have done so much better with a more seasoned hand at the helm or structure at the top.

But again that's The Naija story in a nutshell
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Why are u guys attacking Pappy? His language was a tad harsh but was there a lie there :?:

Our players have not proven themselves as legit NBA starters and our coaching is below JV level .

And any hope in Nigeria fixing itself is a pipe dream :mad:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

anikulapo wrote:Why are u guys attacking Pappy? His language was a tad harsh but was there a lie there :?:

Our players have not proven themselves as legit NBA starters and our coaching is below JV level .

And any hope in Nigeria fixing itself is a pipe dream :mad:
No mind them!
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

At the end of the day, its all about organisation, If we cant organise our basketball, dont expect the unexpected un less you are going to do something about it....