Moderator: Moderator Team

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who can stop TEAM USA?

Post by airwolex »

Player wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Player wrote:Naija need to fix up o, I expect to the team to beat one of France , Argentina or Lithuania

I actually think we have a shot against Argentina simply because they are aging and we can impose ourselves with our athletism.
USA beat Argentina by only six points o.
Spain beat them by 20. I honestly think they played out of their minds against the States, their major players: Nocioni, Ginobli and even Scola are on the down trend. If we make it scrappy and a track meet we can win.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

airwolex wrote:
Player wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Player wrote:Naija need to fix up o, I expect to the team to beat one of France , Argentina or Lithuania

I actually think we have a shot against Argentina simply because they are aging and we can impose ourselves with our athletism.
Spain beat them by 20. I honestly think they played out of their minds against the States, their major players: Nocioni, Ginobli and even Scola are on the down trend. If we make it scrappy and a track meet we can win.
Wow didnt know Spain beat them by 20, this Olympics is going to be nice, all those saying the USA will just stream roll to the gold medal position will be in for a surprise, coming to international competion with no big men.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Player wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Player wrote:
airwolex wrote:

Wow didnt know Spain beat them by 20, this Olympics is going to be nice, all those saying the USA will just stream roll to the gold medal position will be in for a surprise, coming to international competion with no big men.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
yep, their starting five is like an average age of 34; they still have some bite but how will they hold up against younger athletic teams deep into the tourney?

We also beat Lithuania before. Don't know about France though, we can't out run or out hustle them so I think we will struggle.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

airwolex wrote:
Player wrote:
airwolex wrote:

They didn't really play out of their minds against the States. The US just took their foot off the gas when they were up big.

Really, the only team that remotely stands a chance against the US is Spain, and they will need to be at their best, while the likes of LeBron, Durant, Kobe and D-Will will have to have off-nights. If not, they are getting beat by double figures. France I believe stand a very remote chance. If Noah was healthy, they would stand a lot better chance, but as it stands they still have a pretty decent squad with Parker, Batum, Diaw, Turiaf, Seraphin and de Colo. They are really undersized at the PF position though. Noah would have been great for them. He would have played C which would allow the 6'9 Seraphin to move behind Diaw as the back up PF.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

phantomjournalist wrote:
airwolex wrote:
Player wrote:
airwolex wrote:

They didn't really play out of their minds against the States. The US just took their foot off the gas when they were up big.

Really, the only team that remotely stands a chance against the US is Spain, and they will need to be at their best, while the likes of LeBron, Durant, Kobe and D-Will will have to have off-nights. If not, they are getting beat by double figures. France I believe stand a very remote chance. If Noah was healthy, they would stand a lot better chance, but as it stands they still have a pretty decent squad with Parker, Batum, Diaw, Turiaf, Seraphin and de Colo. They are really undersized at the PF position though. Noah would have been great for them. He would have played C which would allow the 6'9 Seraphin to move behind Diaw as the back up PF.
I believe parker's out for France.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

^Tony Parker is still in it.

USA vs. Spain in about 5 mins :). Should be a fun game.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

USA started off slow but are up by 8 at the half. Camelo Anthony going HAM
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Yikes. Team USA smoked Spain.

100-78.
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

juventuss wrote:USA started off slow but are up by 8 at the half. Camelo Anthony going HAM
Thats my boy !!!!! Melo !!!! he is well suited for this International game and might be the US only saving grace... :taunt:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Player wrote:
juventuss wrote:USA started off slow but are up by 8 at the half. Camelo Anthony going HAM
Thats my boy !!!!! Melo !!!! he is well suited for this International game and might be the US only saving grace... :taunt:

Did you type that with your London accent in mind? "You are bloody gassed!" :rotf: :rotf:

I told you people but you guys just want to believe. 22 points #$% whooping, my friends! 22 points #$% whooping!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

kolinzo wrote:
Player wrote:

Did you type that with your London accent in mind? "You are bloody gassed!" :rotf: :rotf:

I told you people but you guys just want to believe. 22 points #$% whooping, my friends! 22 points #$% whooping!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: gassed ko cooker ni, at the end of the day, its just a friendly, USA beat Argentina by 6 who lost to Spain by 20, when the real competition start then we'll see if Coach K made the right decision. If he needed a big I would have taken Cody Zeller instead of Anthony Davis.
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Huh?? Cody Zeller from Indiana? You can't be serious..he can't even coordinate his low post moves and presence in college.. Javale McGee would have been a much better option in my book..

Player wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Player wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: gassed ko cooker ni, at the end of the day, its just a friendly, USA beat Argentina by 6 who lost to Spain by 20, when the real competition start then we'll see if Coach K made the right decision. If he needed a big I would have taken Cody Zeller instead of Anthony Davis.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Jimi wrote:Huh?? Cody Zeller from Indiana? You can't be serious..he can't even coordinate his low post moves and presence in college.. Javale McGee would have been a much better option in my book..

Player wrote:
kolinzo wrote:
Player wrote:

To play this kind of games you need someone inside with a high basketball i.q and with good low post moves, Cody Zeller is the only guy I see right now that has that, he might not be that experienced but he got moves. if Larmacus Aldrige was not injured he would have made a difference. Javale "dumbo" Mcgee is just a poor version of Tyson Chandler...Even Al Jefferson of the Utah Jazz should have gotten a look as well
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Player wrote:
Huh...you don come again with this Melo thing. He's great for international play but by no means their best player. He was playing mediocre before yesterday's outburst.

I also think it was a bit of a gamble not taking a legit big man simply because Durant, Lebron and Melo might get into foul trouble trying to guard bigs like the Gasol brothers, Nene and Splitter. Love has to step up big time, he has a big mouth but it's time to back it up.

Apart from that they looked pretty good yesterday, as long as Kobe stays in the background and lets Bron, Durrant and Melo lead they should be ok. A real test will be Spain with Marc Gasol and a rested Fernandez and Navaro. That will be close!
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Abeg Wolex relax small jor, una better pray say Melo is injured against Naija, because the guy will go to work, he loves this kind of environment, na now you go see say footwork better pass footwork....Melo !!!!!! :thumbs:
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Cody Zeller?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kevin Love is a good back-up at the 5 for Chandler. He's accustomed to playing the 5 for Minnesota when Pekovic is off the floor. He just needs to get more burn in the rotation; he probably would if not for his lack of defense. Anthony Davis is also a quality back-up if you've been following the games. That kid is a beast.
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Yes I would take Cody Zeller over Anthony Davis in International competition, I bet you have never seen him play, just dey laugh like hyena... :taunt:

I maintain, Al Jefferson should have been called up, he would have proved more efficient in these types of situations.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Player wrote:Yes I would take Cody Zeller over Anthony Davis in International competition, I bet you have never seen him play, just dey laugh like hyena... :taunt:

I maintain, Al Jefferson should have been called up, he would have proved more efficient in these types of situations.
Big Al is a good player, but he plays little to no defense. He's just a stat machine.

I've seen Cody play more times than you I bet. Do they even show college games in the UK? :lol:
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

What about Roy Hibbert? Why dem nor take am?
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Player wrote:Yes I would take Cody Zeller over Anthony Davis in International competition, I bet you have never seen him play, just dey laugh like hyena... :taunt:

Look at this guy, we have ESPN UK that shows most College games, if not we watch them on the net nothing spoil... :taunt:

@ Ugbowo, yeah I forgot about Hibbert, he was an all star as well....
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Player wrote:

Look at this guy, we have ESPN UK that shows most College games, if not we watch them on the net nothing spoil... :taunt:

You sure you watch ball? If you did, you'd know that Hibbert plays for the Jamaican national team. :taunt:
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Player wrote:

Well that is news to me ears, even a broken clock is right twice a day..... :taunt:
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Actually Roy Hibbert is now seeking to play for Team USA, but I dont think they granted him the release he wanted.