Olympics 2012 (Men) Egypt 1 vs NZL 1 FT

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Olympics 2012 (Men) Egypt 1 vs NZL 1 2H

Post by AreaDaddy »

Egypt f**ked up big time....28 chances on goal and they could only score 1!
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

This is why many of us say Egypt lacks heart when it comes to football. There is simply no reason why they should not beat N Zealand. I am certain any of the other African reps would have beaten this NZ team today. To think some CEs were gushing about how intelligent the Egyptian footballers are and how dumb the other African teams are when the Egyptians lost to Brazil.. Some CEs even claimed Egypt would qualify for the second round.

The Egyptians have a reputation of not showing up when the chips are down and today was not exception.. Pathetic!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Fair result for both teams. Egypt missed glaring chances but NZ always looked dangerous going forward.
Said missed an open goal! :lol:
The Egyptian right winger shot when he should have crossed. The NZ goalie looks very exhausted at the end.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

The Egyptians aren't terrible. They simply choked horribly.. How many chances did they fluff?
wanaj0 wrote:Two terrible teams.

Even with an open net Egypt not able to score. Many unpardonable misses.

FT. 1-1.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

YUJAM wrote:Chokes.. Chokers.. Chokers!
New Zealand are world beaters. They would've beaten all African teams 6-0 apiece. Egypt is the best.

Signed,
For Tunisian Gooner.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Kabalega wrote:Fair result for both teams. Egypt missed glaring chances but NZ always looked dangerous going forward.
Said missed an open goal! :lol:
The Egyptian right winger shot when he should have crossed. The NZ goalie looks very exhausted at the end.
28 chances on goal to 4??? My guy Egypt should have buried this game...At one point in the 2nd half possession was 88% to 12% to Egypt...
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Re: Olympics 2012 (Men) Egypt 1 vs NZL 1 FT

Post by Heliopolis »

Luckily we have free health care in Canada because I'm really close to having a f*ckin heart attack right now.

I've never seen us dominate a match like that for 90+ minutes, create a billion chances, and come away with such a poor result.

I still cant believe our best defender, Ahmed Hegazy (who plays in Serie A of all leagues) made such a schoolboy error that allowed NZ to score that goal.

Meteb should be shot DPR Korea execution style in the middle of Tahrir square. I've long said he is one of the most over-rated players in Egypt. This is the same mofo that scored only 5 out of 40+ of our ACN goals in our 3 ACN wins despite starting almost every single match.

Typical Egyptian football...
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

YUJAM wrote:This is why many of us say Egypt lacks heart when it comes to football. There is simply no reason why they should not beat N Zealand. I am certain any of the other African reps would have beaten this NZ team today. To think some CEs were gushing about how intelligent the Egyptian footballers are and how dumb the other African teams are when the Egyptians lost to Brazil.. Some CEs even claimed Egypt would qualify for the second round.

The Egyptians have a reputation of not showing up when the chips are down and today was not exception.. Pathetic!
Ah shut up. Lack of heart? Did you watch the game or did you just check the scoreline and wrote a blurb trying to fit in?

You could've said we lacked heart if we folded after conceding a goal against the run of play. You could've said we lacked heart if we let Brazil continue to pummel us in the 2nd half of the last game.

We completely dominated for 90+ minutes today and were creating chances even in the dying seconds of the game.

This team probably isnt good enough...our defence is poor and our finishing is atrocious (which is why we brought Meteb and Aboutreika with us).

And then you said we didnt show up. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What match were you watching? We showed up but our finishing was abysmal.

Lack of heart isnt the phrase you are looking for. I am 100% certain you didnt watch most of the match...actually you might have not even watched a single second. If you were a man you would admit so, otherwise you would not have said we lack heart.

And the reason why some CEs said we might advance to the 2nd round is because it is a realistic possibility. All we have to do is beat Belarus to advance. Whether a team that cant beat NZ deserves to advance is a different subject.
Last edited by Heliopolis on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Heliopolis wrote:Luckily we have free health care in Canada because I'm really close to having a f*ckin heart attack right now.

I've never seen us dominate a match like that for 90+ minutes, create a billion chances, and come away with such a poor result.

I still cant believe our best defender, Ahmed Hegazy (who plays in Serie A of all leagues) made such a schoolboy error that allowed NZ to score that goal.

Meteb should be shot DPR Korea execution style in the middle of Tahrir square. I've long said he is one of the most over-rated players in Egypt. This is the same mofo that scored only 5 out of 40+ of our ACN goals in our 3 ACN wins despite starting almost every single match.

Typical Egyptian football...
Different international event. Same Egypt disgracing Africa. You should be used to it by now as an Egyptian so quit fronting. New freaking Zealand? And you and TG had the guts to belittle Nigeria's two Olympic soccer medals including silver just last Olympic just to rationalize Egypt's traditional choking at international events. Una do well :clap:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I watched the last 30 mins of game and saw players who failed to step up when it counted. That is what I called choking and their is definitely a correlation between choking and a lack of heart. This is so typical of Egyypt!
Heliopolis wrote:
YUJAM wrote:This is why many of us say Egypt lacks heart when it comes to football. There is simply no reason why they should not beat N Zealand. I am certain any of the other African reps would have beaten this NZ team today. To think some CEs were gushing about how intelligent the Egyptian footballers are and how dumb the other African teams are when the Egyptians lost to Brazil.. Some CEs even claimed Egypt would qualify for the second round.

Ah shut up. Lack of heart? Did you watch the game or did you just check the scoreline and wrote a blurb trying to fit in?

You could've said we lacked heart if we folded after conceding a goal against the run of play. You could've said we lacked heart if we let Brazil continue to pummel us in the 2nd half of the last game.

We completely dominated for 90+ minutes today and were creating chances even in the dying seconds of the game.

This team probably isnt good enough...our defence is poor and our finishing is atrocious (which is why we brought Meteb and Aboutreika with us).

And then you said we didnt show up. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: What match were you watching? We showed up but our finishing was abysmal.

Lack of heart isnt the phrase you are looking for.

And the reason why some CEs said we might advance to the 2nd round is because it is a realistic possibility. All we have to do is beat Belarus to advance. Whether a team that cant beat NZ deserves to advance is a different subject.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

YUJAM wrote:I watched the last 30 mins of game and saw players who failed to step up when it counted. That is what I called choking and their is definitely a correlation between choking and a lack of heart. This is so typical of Egyypt!
Heliopolis wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So you watched 30 minutes and come in here drawing conclusions? You watched 33% of the match.

Lack of heart is when there is an absence of ambition. Was Egypt ambitiousless today? Were we lacking ambition in the 33% of the match you watched?

Were we lacking heart when we pulled 2 back against a Brazil team that murdered us in the 1st half?

We choked. Our finishing was awful. But we dont lack heart.

Wrong choice of words by you. Just admit it.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Sometimes you have to dig deep to win and it takes heart to do that. Egypt have shown us a consistent inability to step up when it counts. I am disappointed because I wanted them to win so it is not as if I am gaining any pleasure from pointing out this unfortunate characteristic of Egyptian football..
Heliopolis wrote:
YUJAM wrote:I watched the last 30 mins of game and saw players who failed to step up when it counted. That is what I called choking and their is definitely a correlation between choking and a lack of heart. This is so typical of Egyypt!
Heliopolis wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: So you watched 30 minutes and come in here drawing conclusions? You watched 33% of the match.

Lack of heart is when there is an absence of ambition. Was Egypt ambitiousless today? Were we lacking ambition in the 33% of the match you watched?

Were we lacking heart when we pulled 2 back against a Brazil team that murdered us in the 1st half?

We choked. Our finishing was awful. But we dont lack heart.

Wrong choice of words by you. Just admit it.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Heliopolis wrote:

Lack of heart isnt the phrase you are looking for. I am 100% certain you didnt watch most of the match...actually you might have not even watched a single second. If you were a man you would admit so, otherwise you would not have said we lack heart.

Excuses. Just admit your team sucks and move on
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

At the world stage Egypt seems better when their backs are against the wall but then it is often too late to recover.

Heliopolis seriously for how long are y'all gonna keep coming up with excuses? I remember when England thrashed y'all 3-1 you came up with all kinds of excuses about how African teams are crap and no African team can stand up to England but Ghana drew 1-1 with them in the same stadium a few months later. Seriously if you guys don't qualify from this group with NZ and Belarus you have to own up to sucking big time outside Africa. I simply cannot image Nigeria not qualifying from a group like this.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

What does digging deep have to do with a match where we were creating golden chances in the dying minutes? Fact of the matter is our finishing was abysmal. We missed like 3 1 on 1s in the 2nd half due to horrible finishing, not due to lack of heart or inability to dig deep.

As sh*tty as we may be (our GK and defence are both really bad), this is a match we should've won but we didnt because our finishing let us down.

I want to put things into perspective by remembering that all we need is a 1-0 win vs Belarus to advance but if you cant beat NZ then you probably shouldnt even be allowed to advance.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Orion wrote:At the world stage Egypt seems better when their backs are against the wall but then it is often too late to recover.

Heliopolis seriously for how long are y'all gonna keep coming up with excuses? I remember when England thrashed y'all 3-1 you came up with all kinds of excuses about how African teams are crap and no African team can stand up to England but Ghana drew 1-1 with them in the same stadium a few months later. Seriously if you guys don't qualify from this group with NZ and Belarus you have to own up to sucking big time outside Africa. I simply cannot image Nigeria not qualifying from a group like this.
And I cant imagine Nigeria not qualifying to a tournament like this.

Oh wait.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Heliopolis wrote:
Orion wrote:At the world stage Egypt seems better when their backs are against the wall but then it is often too late to recover.

And I cant imagine Nigeria not qualifying to a tournament like this.

Oh wait.
I put my hand up that Nigeria sucked last year at all levels of football and didn't qualify for anything. The fact that ALL our teams were affected points to issues at the administrative level. However I'm talking about when we do qualify, I would be quite surprised if we didn't get out of a group with NZ and Belarus based on our past record.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Egypt's only savior is winning, and this was a game they should have claimed...Why set ya self up like dis..Now they need it desperately.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Leave Egypt alone, bad day at the office, difficult year for them, we move on... next team???
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Why? Chief, this is a trend that cannot be ignored! This was N Zealand for God's sake
akamoke wrote:Leave Egypt alone, bad day at the office, difficult year for them, we move on... next team???
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

That N.zealand team looked dangerous going forward. Egypt should at least be given some kudos, keeping them quiet. Egypt played well, but they need to start hunting for finishers. I thought Japan vrs Spain had to many missed chances, till I saw todays game.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Helipolis my problem with you is that you get extremely defensive even when Egypt are getting the right criticism. Stop it man,i was with Egypt and wanted them to win but they didn't. They had a lot of chances and New Zew land could have easily made them pay for those misses.

I think Egypt play lovely football,i cant count how many time salah and #7 ran that right wing down,i simply loved it but they just couldn't score.
BTW guys New Zealand is not a yeye team,if Egypt can find the net,they can go for a silver,bronze or Gold in this tournament.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Gabon just lost to Mexico 2 to 0. Gabon tried but Mexico were simply too good at the end