Lithuania vs usa basketball

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Lithuania vs usa basketball

Post by skillful »

kolinzo wrote:While I support Team USA, the truth is they were just lucky to score 29 3s against Nigeria. I swear that will never happen again!!
:rotf: watcha gonna do about it
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

I badly wanted Lithuania to win...

Mind you they both called us monkeys..lithuanianian fans and Americans wih their unsportsmanlike derision and laughter they ran up scores.
visit the village square
okjazz
Egg
Egg

Post by okjazz »

kolinzo wrote:While I support Team USA, the truth is they were just lucky to score 29 3s against Nigeria. I swear that will never happen again!!
But you also boldly predicted that USA would not beat Naija by more than 25 points
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

I am beginning to see what Amechi meant (he was commentating for the bbc) he was quite critical about the way Nigeria made it easy for the Americans and he said Nigeria were far better than the scoreline suggested, I wanted to doubt it but seeing the way Lithuania played (a team we beat to qualify for this tournament) I realized what he meant. I am unsure as to whether our loss of defensive form was due to players indiscipline or the coaching. What made me mad about the USA is the way they mocked Nigeria in defeat, I found no constructive criticism or advice about Nigerian mistakes just mockery. It is the kind of thing most CE's criticize the Brits for.
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

okjazz wrote:
But you also boldly predicted that USA would not beat Naija by more than 25 points
Yes I did boldly! But that does not mean it must not be said the 29 3's was due to pure luck. Don't forget I also boldy predicted we would score 70 points against the USA as well...how 'bout that?!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

soothsayer wrote:
I am beginning to see what Amechi meant (he was commentating for the bbc) he was quite critical about the way Nigeria made it easy for the Americans and he said Nigeria were far better than the scoreline suggested, I wanted to doubt it but seeing the way Lithuania played (a team we beat to qualify for this tournament) I realized what he meant. I am unsure as to whether our loss of defensive form was due to players indiscipline or the coaching. What made me mad about the USA is the way they mocked Nigeria in defeat, I found no constructive criticism or advice about Nigerian mistakes just mockery. It is the kind of thing most CE's criticize the Brits for.
As a Nigerican that I am, I understand where you are coming from. But you must understand that we deserved 80% of this mockery. Why? Because our coach is more like a Junior High School Coach. I mean we have this great set of players whose commitment we should capitalize but our coach is just not a coach, therefore clueless on what to do. Next time we should have a player-coach to coach the team.

But you are right, the score didn't flatter us. And the USA knew they were lucky to score 156points! This morning I was listening to coach Doc Rivers and he alluded to the fact that it is extremely rare to score that many 3's.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Thats basketball for you, we caught them on a bad day, but our defense didnt help either....
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."