Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: diving.how is this a sport?

Post by amafolas »

Molue Conductor wrote:
realtrouble wrote:Nan the sport with horse they bother me, will the allow Nigerian to do equestrian with malu
to me the horse deserves the medal.
Isn't there some almost 70 year agbaya from Canada competing in his 1th olympics. Pa Ohsee is that you. But seriously though, a sport that a greatgrandfather can compete in is simple not a sport. They should remove that equestrian rubbish from the olympics.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@MC re: to me the horse deserves the medal.

Correct. Dressage horses vary in price from 5 to 7 figure sums. The more money spent, the better the capacity of horse procured. Those countries that could part with more of the taxpayers money on such equestrian exuberances, were able to contest for honours.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Smart, define what constitutes a sport.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

These should be olympic sports.

Nigeria will get some medals

Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Molue Conductor wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:In my opinion events that only have a few countries participating in it, should not be an Olympic sport. Diving should be dropped from the Olympics.
I think they should ban so called sports that require judge scoring. i.e where the viewer doesn't even know the score until the judges post them,
That will include boxing and many others.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Coach wrote:@MC re: to me the horse deserves the medal.

Correct. Dressage horses vary in price from 5 to 7 figure sums. The more money spent, the better the capacity of horse procured. Those countries that could part with more of the taxpayers money on such equestrian exuberances, were able to contest for honours.
Isn't it a similar story with all the other athletes.