THE LONDON OLYMPICS 2012 --> OFFICIAL THREAD !!!

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: THE LONDON OLYMPICS 2012 --> OFFICIAL THREAD !!!

Post by ohenhen1 »

kash n' karry wrote:
MI5 wrote:KnK,

We don't need any oyinbo's to help Nigeria out. The human resource is there to be invested on and they will come out with flying colours... We can't keep outsourcing things all the time...

kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:
Time for Naija to find some Oyinbo make them citizens and hire them to compete for us in swimming and gymnastics :bump:
==========================================
Chance favors da prepared mind !!
:evil: :twisted:
As per outsourcing, if u can't save yourself, then others have to step in and save u.

Da Brits are outsourcing at these Olympics and using some Nigerians to competes for them, Spain outsourced and use Ibaka for their b'ball team, so then I see no reason why we shouldn't do da same AND so should go for all aspects of our mismanagement and maladministrative sectors, including even our aviation sector :clap:

Nigeria can excell in the 50 M and 100 M free style. If Brazil can do it, why not Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

I really hope that Blessing Okagbare is clean. She literally jogged to another personal best..Hmm
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

03 August 201211:10

Angola ease past GB women

Angola defeated Great Britain's women's Handball team this morning as they ended the Host Nation's hopes of making the quarter-finals with a 31-25 win.

http://www.london2012.com/news/articles ... women.html

It was the fourth successive Group A defeat for Great Britain, who had already lost to Montenegro, Russia and Brazil in their opening three matches.

They had hopes of beating the African champions, having done so in the Copper Box in November's test event, but Angola have improved considerably.

Despite nine-goal Marie Gerbron top-scoring, sloppy play in the attacking third cost Team GB, with too many missed chances and handling errors.

Despite a solid start keeping the deficit down to 5-4 after the opening 10 minutes, Britain could not make it pay at the other end due to several misplaced passes and glaring misses.

Angola scored five of the next six goals to open up what was looking like an already unassailable five-goal lead after 18 minutes.

Lyn Byl, Team GB's top scorer in the tournament, stopped the rot with a nice turn and throw and Gerbron added a penalty to keep her side in it.

Britain managed three unanswered goals to bring the gap down to 14-10 at the break and for the first time in the competition the women came out for the second half playing for something other than pride.

Kelsi Fairbrother and two Britt Goodwin goals raised the roof as they brought their deficit back to three.

Angola continued to keep Team GB at arm's length, though, and four of the next five goals stretched that lead to six as they remained in control.

After that the Africans flexed their muscles, snuffing out GB's challenge courtesy of four successive goals midway through the second period.
Soldier of Fortune...
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

America's Ledecky wins the 800m gold and breaks a 23 year old record set by legendary Janet Evans. She is only 15 years. Let us see how many Americans come out now and question whether she is doping. When the Chinese girl did it, that's all they were insinuating. Hypocrites.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

All those folks mocking Britain, all of a sudden they are in the top 5 in medal count. :)
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

mke1010 wrote:America's Ledecky wins the 800m gold and breaks a 23 year old record set by legendary Janet Evans. She is only 15 years. Let us see how many Americans come out now and question whether she is doping. When the Chinese girl did it, that's all they were insinuating. Hypocrites.
Ledecky's improvement was even greater than that of Shiwen
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

mke1010 wrote:All those folks mocking Britain, all of a sudden they are in the top 5 in medal count. :)
and very clearly winning more today....
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

kalamashaka wrote:
mke1010 wrote:America's Ledecky wins the 800m gold and breaks a 23 year old record set by legendary Janet Evans. She is only 15 years. Let us see how many Americans come out now and question whether she is doping. When the Chinese girl did it, that's all they were insinuating. Hypocrites.
Ledecky's improvement was even greater than that of Shiwen
the way she kept that lead last night.. "Drugs" was the first thing that came to mind,
its not my fault it was the Americans that made me start doubting all the extraordinary
results in swimming ... let them reap what they sow, sore losers!
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

soothsayer wrote:
mke1010 wrote:All those folks mocking Britain, all of a sudden they are in the top 5 in medal count. :)
and very clearly winning more today....
Too many bad belle folks in the house against Britain. Fact is thus far, they have done very well hosting the games much better than Atlanta in 96. And their medal count might be their highest ever. Save a terrorist attack or mess up of disastrous proportions, hard to see how these games will not be a success. People expected lots of delays, complaints etc and none of that seems to be over the top.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

LIT VS USA BASKETBALL
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Senegal Vs Mexico Football on.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Lithuania making a game of it. close game so far
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

meanwhile Serena is destroying Sharapova
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

That Ledecky girl does not look 15. She seriously looks at least 20 years older!

soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Serena is Gold medalist in tennis...
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

Trampolining is an olympic sport?!?

:shock:
:lol: :lol:
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

kalamashaka wrote:Trampolining is an olympic sport?!?

yeah, I had same thought although I believe they have it as an event in world gymnastics championships .. but it still sounds weird.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

e lef pool, darts, lawn mowing

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

tfco wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

e lef pool, darts, lawn mowing
you may laugh but if they win gold it still counts as a Medal... maybe we should start looking for talent instead of mocking the teams who smart enough to build a team.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Trinidad just beat the german..... in mens sprint cycling.
nah black man dey beat german in cycling.... so why can't Nigeria produce cyclists.
Last edited by soothsayer on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Trini guy just beat a German in the quarter-finals of mens sprint (indoor cycling me i dey call am)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

tfco wrote:Trini guy just beat a German in the quarter-finals of mens sprint (indoor cycling me i dey call am)
if Trinidad can afford to field a cyclist..... :atc: I tire for Nigeria shah
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

soothsayer wrote:
tfco wrote:Trini guy just beat a German in the quarter-finals of mens sprint (indoor cycling me i dey call am)
if Trinidad can afford to field a cyclist..... :atc: I tire for Nigeria shah
everyone and dia problems o
Former Trinidad and Tobago cyclist Michael Phillips wants Njisane Phillip to continue representing this country.

On Thursday, Phillip revealed that he is considering riding for the United States after becoming disenchanted with the Trinidad and Tobago Cycling Federation (TTCF) and the continued hassle to get funding to represent this country at foreign tournaments.

T&T star cyclist left stranded at aiport en route to Olympic Qualifier.

The cycling ace revealed that United States coach Jimmy Staff has already set the wheels in motion to have him compete for them at the Olympic Games in 2016 to be held in Brazil.

However, Phillip urged the young cyclist to continue riding for Trinidad and Tobago and agreed with TTCF president, Rowena Williams that it will be a huge loss if he decides to switch allegiance.

“What I do know is that Njisane does not want to ride for the United States. He said so because of the fact that he spent a lot of time racing here as a young cyclist,” said Phillip.

However, he understands the problems facing the young cyclist and urged the TTCF and Ministry of Sport to solve the issue quickly before they lose one of the country’s greatest cycling talents.

“Whether these problems stem from the Cycling Federation or the government, the cyclist just wants to be taken care of so he can ride comfortably and represent our country to the best of his ability,” said the former national cyclist.

Phillips’ step-father Phillip Whiteman alleges that he is continually forced to foot the bill for the qualifying campaign for the London Olympics.

Phillips also called on the Ministry of Sport to account for the problems concerning the release of funds.

“It is confusing that Njisane has met all the criteria to be on the Elite Athletes Funding but still receives problems to get it,” he noted. The Beacon cyclist is on the verge of sealing qualification for the London Games and is one of the country’s best chances of a medal.

Phillip relations with the TTCF has steadily deteriorated and reached an all time low after being forced to sleep in freezing cold conditions in an airport in Vienna en route for a World Cup tournament after his step-father was once again forced to purchase plane tickets, following visa problems.

The former national cyclist is confident that if the problems can be sorted out quickly Phillip will continue to ride for Trinidad and Tobago and win medals at various international tournaments. – Newsday

Why should this young man have to dip into his OWN pockets to pay his OWN way to represent a country at an Olympic qualifier?

C’mon T&T, rally behind your ambassadors, artistes and athletes and treat them with respect!

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S