Nigeria V Lithuania

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria V Lithuania

Post by skillful »

Did we really beat this team before??????
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Ugbowo wrote:Tony Skinn will NOT get even a look in NBA wise on the basis of this performance. Shambolic.
Na the yellow shoes cause am
visit the village square
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

skillful wrote:Did we really beat this team before??????
Yes....
I think we just came unprepared after our Tunisia win.
It gets exponentially tougher from here.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Tbite wrote:
pajimoh wrote:Yeah we are at the Olympics getting yansched

This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

I think our 2 best players technically are Al Farouk Aminu and Number 13 Obasomething....
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Final score: 72-53.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

who next :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

juventuss wrote:I think our 2 best players technically are Al Farouk Aminu
Welp, that's why he's in the NBA.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Some of you guys like to complain sha, you all should be happy that we are even in the Olympics....
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Mr. Piffington wrote:
juventuss wrote:This is all Okocha's fault.
No, it's Amodu's fault.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Our shooting guards, Obasohan and Oguchi misfired all night. Diogu was also sub standard, everyone else, Skinn and the Aminu brothers played well.....dont know what happened to Dagunduro
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Player wrote:Some of you guys like to complain sha, you all should be happy that we are even in the Olympics....
Really Player???? I disagree with you. We talked about how to improve this team and ppl were saying no need, go with what u have and if u get gbenshed, u get gbenshed. Now those same ppl r here either complainign or laughing at the team.

If we r going to go to a tournament and compete then u go with ur best. If ur best say no then u prepare with what u have....we did not do either. We have a bunch of unprepared not so good players. Bad combo.

Good luck to the guys the rest of the way.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Ugbowo wrote:
Player wrote:Some of you guys like to complain sha, you all should be happy that we are even in the Olympics....
Really Player???? I disagree with you. We talked about how to improve this team and ppl were saying no need, go with what u have and if u get gbenshed, u get gbenshed. Now those same ppl r here either complainign or laughing at the team.

If we r going to go to a tournament and compete then u go with ur best. If ur best say no then u prepare with what u have....we did not do either. We have a bunch of unprepared not so good players. Bad combo.

What better players do we have ?

FORZA JUVE
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Ugbowo wrote:

I disagree, if not for these guy we would not be here, they were only assembled a couple of months before the Olympics, so they needed time to gel as a team. Other players were called, Ezeli, Alabi, Uzoh, Efevberha, Akingbala etc but they declined because of other commitments, what do you want us to do, it will be unfair to drop any of these guys after what they achievwed in Venezuela......Sometimes it's all about principles, right now we have laid the foundation for the next 4 years, its up to us to continue to build the team.
Last edited by Player on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

phantomjournalist wrote:Final score: 72-53.
not good, we might not reach 40points against usa or the argies, not good
:cry:
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Player wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

I disagree, if not for these guy we would not be here, they were only assembled a couple of months before the Olympics, so they needed time to gel as a team. Other players were called, Ezeli, Alabi, Uzoh, Efevberha, Akingbala etc but they declined because of other commitments, what do you want us to do, it will be unfair to drop any of these guys after what they achievwed in Venezuela......Sometimes it's all about principles, right now we have laid the foundation for the next 4 years, its up to us to continue to build the team.
I agree about the principles aspect of it. But man....we look like guys who just got picked off the street today! Meanwhile this is their 12th or so full game together. We dont look prepared at all. A lot of that is on coaching. Our coach just seemed clueless...no idea how to stop momentum and out set offense...just atrocious! We can do better with this bunch! But we didn't in this game because we were unprepared.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Ugbowo wrote:
Player wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

I agree about the principles aspect of it. But man....we look like guys who just got picked off the street today! Meanwhile this is their 12th or so full game together. We dont look prepared at all. A lot of that is on coaching. Our coach just seemed clueless...no idea how to stop momentum and out set offense...just atrocious! We can do better with this bunch! But we didn't in this game because we were unprepared.
Lithuania are ranked #5 in the world, they have won two Olympic Bronze in recent Olympic tournaments. Basketball is their main sport and they have one of the best basketball programmes in the world. Now compare that to Nigeria. To me the guys are doing within their limits, with more time and better structure in place we can be top 10 in the world. Basketball is not about being talented, its about planning and organizing for a long period.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:
fabio wrote:Am at the Olympic park, but can't get in...
Are you at the park proper or near the park? You need a grounds ticket or match ticket to get into the park. Even the grounds ticket are not available. :(
Chief, I dey inside the park proper.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

fabio wrote:
Roman Obamovitch wrote:
Are you at the park proper or near the park? You need a grounds ticket or match ticket to get into the park. Even the grounds ticket are not available. :(
oby wetin happen their were empty sits, did they sell ticket at the box office ?
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Player wrote:
fabio wrote:
Roman Obamovitch wrote:
oby wetin happen their were empty sits, did they sell ticket at the box office ?
fabio how u take get ground ticket, i need to get those mehn
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

juventuss wrote:
skillful wrote:Did we really beat this team before??????
Yes....
I think we just came unprepared after our Tunisia win.
It gets exponentially tougher from here.

It wasn't unpreparedness. We were never going to beat Lithuania twice.
They were going to avenge their loss to us.

--------------------------------------------
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Glad I didn't bother watching this game. Seems like the same old same old happened.

I figured Tunisia would be our only win and was worth watching.
Unfortunate that Ike didn't bring his 'A' game today (And PhantomJ- Ike is about 6'9 at most. You know NBA players and teams love to fudge height)

I'm pleased with Coach Bakare the motivator, I'm underwhelmed with Coach Bakare in terms of X's and O's.
Perhaps that's something his assistants should take over(one on offense one on defense? Not sure if they already do that or not)

Ugbowo-I was conflicted as to replacing some of the players on the team but one guy I would definitely have replaced with Festus Ezeli would have been Ugboaja. Nonetheless, Bakare wanted to stay with who brought him to the tournament and honestly this tournament should be a learning experience and as long as the core of the team stays on for the next couple of tournaments(African and World) while we add some of our better pieces that aren't on the current team, then good things should happen going forward.

F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Player wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Player wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

Lithuania are ranked #5 in the world, they have won two Olympic Bronze in recent Olympic tournaments. Basketball is their main sport and they have one of the best basketball programmes in the world. Now compare that to Nigeria. To me the guys are doing within their limits, with more time and better structure in place we can be top 10 in the world. Basketball is not about being talented, its about planning and organizing for a long period.
Also, re. The Lithuanian Basketball fans, those people SHOW UP EVERYWHERE. I'm talking not just Olympic games but also meaningless preparation friendlies in Houston for the Olympic qualifying tournament. Those Lithuanian fans take it seriously.
Like you said Player-It's about planning and organizing for a long period. Lithuania are no small fries in Basketball.