These Olympics might turn out to be bad investment for GB

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: These Olympics might turn out to be bad investment for G

Post by folem »

soothsayer wrote:I always enjoy it when Samora Moises Machel opens posts like this....

I always can expect a laugh at the end of it........
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

How is the chow tasting?
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Samora is wrong on the medals (but that part I feel was light hearted), but the jury is till out on the overall economic impact

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/0 ... 29227.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree ... sfeed=true
The London Olympics has much to delight – but forget any talk of a legacy
London 2012 is fun and competently delivered, but to think we'll ever recover the cost is like believing in Santa Claus
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

AreaDaddy wrote:Samora is wrong on the medals (but that part I feel was light hearted), but the jury is till out on the overall economic impact

London 2012 is fun and competently delivered, but to think we'll ever recover the cost is like believing in Santa Claus
Areadaddy such subtleties fly over the heads of lesser minds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people need to loosen up a little christ
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

tfco wrote:
Samora Moises Machel wrote: So far they are number 17 in medals table :)
5 days later they are in 3rd

with GB, it's mostly about rowing, cycling and a bit of track
Noone can beat the Brits in any sport that involves sitting on your #$% :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cycling, rowing, show jumping (horses) etc

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

SMM
We all know what you meant. Just enjoy the games

And the chow :-)
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:Samora is wrong on the medals (but that part I feel was light hearted), but the jury is till out on the overall economic impact

Areadaddy such subtleties fly over the heads of lesser minds :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people need to loosen up a little christ
Just enjoy the events and leave those who looted the treasury through the Olympics till later.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

juventuss wrote:SMM

But seriously the sudden flurry of medals by GB did upset me somewhat :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: . Federer don collect bribe otherwise no way

I was genuinely happy for Jess Ennis and Mo Farrah though :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Did you hear that foolish BBC guy's faux pas when he said "Mo Farrah showing the Africans how its done" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Don't get him a get-out-of-jail card. Let him just enjoy his big portion of the frozen humbe pies. This is what he initially wrote which has nothing to do with the economic impact
Samora Moises Machel wrote:These games might turn out to be a disaster for GB in terms of returns via medals

They thought they had won silver in gymnastics but Japan appealed and GB was demoted to bronze :) Even that girl with the horse face Addlington the swimmer who they hoped would win gold, bronze is best she could manage :lol: That swimmer Daley or whatever his surname, they were gushing about his good looks. Well the judges didnt care much for his looks, no medal ;)

So far they are number 17 in medals table :)
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

But seriously the sudden flurry of medals by GB did upset me somewhat :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: . Federer don collect bribe otherwise no way

I was genuinely happy for Jess Ennis and Mo Farrah though :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Did you hear that foolish BBC guy's faux pas when he said "Mo Farrah showing the Africans how its done" :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol... it would seem that way... I was asking whats going on ... all these so called champions just falling. Did britain bribe them or did they take pity on Britain
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

tfco wrote:
Samora Moises Machel wrote: So far they are number 17 in medals table :)
5 days later they are in 3rd

with GB, it's mostly about rowing, cycling and a bit of track
Noone can beat the Brits in any sport that involves sitting on your #$% :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cycling, rowing, show jumping (horses) etc
:lol: :lol: :lol:
you could sorta add long jump to that

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ekorian wrote:

Don't get him a get-out-of-jail card. Let him just enjoy his big portion of the frozen humbe pies. This is what he initially wrote which has nothing to do with the economic impact
Samora Moises Machel wrote:These games might turn out to be a disaster for GB in terms of returns via medals

They thought they had won silver in gymnastics but Japan appealed and GB was demoted to bronze :) Even that girl with the horse face Addlington the swimmer who they hoped would win gold, bronze is best she could manage :lol: That swimmer Daley or whatever his surname, they were gushing about his good looks. Well the judges didnt care much for his looks, no medal ;)

SMM should eat the damn humble pie like a man.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Pokey can make false start in 1500m but you made your own false start in a marathon race.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

But seriously the sudden flurry of medals by GB did upset me somewhat :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: . Federer don collect bribe otherwise no wayI was genuinely happy for Jess Ennis and Mo Farrah though :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I no go lie sha. That was my first thought. Murray vs. Federer come resemble U.S.A. basketball vs Nigeria's.
-Simpli fy -
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Gooner1 wrote:As I predicted....it has been a total disaster

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

juventuss wrote:I doubt GB spent all this money just to win a gold medal.

Eh if you lived in the UK you would have seen them trumpeting how this is a home games and with the support they will do better than Beijing and what not. Not saying its the reason but the public will be expecting them to overhaul the achievements of 4 years ago
Its about to happen. Still 6 DAYS TO GO and they have 40 medals, one short of Beijing and 18 of those 40 are gold.

Want some more of this?
Oya......Eat!

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

hmmm, a weekend of medals??? now the reverse trend, hmm who ever thought team GB will pack Gold!!! think the olympics has been a sucess for the UK based on the medal haul
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko