Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: D’TIGERS Tokyo 2020

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Kalani, Nigeria has beaten Greece, Lithuania and Croatia in the past. Nigeria has the potential of medaling and beating USA if we recruit the right players and they commit to us. Imagine if we had Igudala,Giannis and Oladipo in our ranks. Stop being a hater like Queen Futcha. USA's grip on Bball is slipping and Nigeria will be there to knock them off their high horse soon.
hello d, how is the weather in fantasy land today?
The hitman knows basketball like he knows football like he knows wrestling.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Kalani, Nigeria has beaten Greece, Lithuania and Croatia in the past. Nigeria has the potential of medaling and beating USA if we recruit the right players and they commit to us. Imagine if we had Igudala,Giannis and Oladipo in our ranks. Stop being a hater like Queen Futcha. USA's grip on Bball is slipping and Nigeria will be there to knock them off their high horse soon.
i didn't think it was humanly possible to be clueless in all topics until i had the misfortune of coming across diana hart
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
i didn't think it was humanly possible to be clueless in all topics until i had the misfortune of coming across diana hart
He lives to confound and amaze.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

kalani JR wrote:Mike Brown official.
Reports suggest that he has turned down the job.
I am happy
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Dammy wrote:
Tell us more.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

We are already seeing the Mike Brown effect. Jahlil Okafor is committed to play for us at the Olympics. I'm sure others will follow. This is our best chance at a medal in Tokyo.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Like I said on page 1, they’ve been on this for awhile. It’ll start coming out small small.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Dammy wrote:
What reports? Somebody wey don dey on the matter for MONTHS and is NOT getting paid.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Ugbowo wrote:Like I said on page 1, they’ve been on this for awhile. It’ll start coming out small small.
Any chance to land Bam Adebayo and Oladipo? WIth those two, we can get a medal.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

bushboy wrote:We are already seeing the Mike Brown effect. Jahlil Okafor is committed to play for us at the Olympics. I'm sure others will follow. This is our best chance at a medal in Tokyo.
https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2020/02/ ... r-nigeria/

It looks good on paper but Jahlil Okafor hasn’t fully recovered from years of injuries and layoffs. I’ve said previously that he’s one of the best big men in the world and if he’s even half fit, he’d be on the US roster so for me, the jury is still out. At this point, I think Victor Oladipo and Bam Adebayo will be better additions to D’Tigers than Jahlil Okafor❗️

Cheers.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Ugbowo wrote:I’m hearing through the grapevine

1. Alex Nwora to be replaced by Mike Brown
2. Spencer Dinwiddle, Jahlil Okafor, OG Anunoby, Semi Ojaleye and Bam Adebayo have been contacted and some commitments already secured.
3. Camp in San Fran at Warriors arena
4. They are going all out for a medal this time.
You have been right so far. Brown Jahlil and now Spencer are in the bag. Any word on OG, Bam and Ojeleye?
visit the village square
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dinwiddie to play for Nigeria summer Olympics 2021....tall should update the 2020 to 2021
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Dinwiddie to play for Nigeria summer Olympics 2021....tall should update the 2020 to 2021
Done
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Dinwiddie to play for Nigeria summer Olympics 2021....tall should update the 2020 to 2021
The competition is still named Tokyo 2020, they aren't changing it.
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: D’TIGERS Tokyo 2021

Post by olu »

So what's the NBBF doing to develop grassroot basketball in Nigeria? Is our plan just to recruit foreign born players? I'm not against fielding foreign born players. What I am against is a lazy approach to strengthening our national team if that is the case here. We should be creating programs to develop basketball in schools, ensure all our pro-teams have a developed youth structure/feeder teams, and educate our local coaches. We should combine youth development with scouting foreign born players, not ignore one at the detriment of the other.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

olu wrote:So what's the NBBF doing to develop grassroot basketball in Nigeria? Is our plan just to recruit foreign born players? I'm not against fielding foreign born players. What I am against is a lazy approach to strengthening our national team if that is the case here. We should be creating programs to develop basketball in schools, ensure all our pro-teams have a developed youth structure/feeder teams, and educate our local coaches. We should combine youth development with scouting foreign born players, not ignore one at the detriment of the other.

olu, YOU ASK...

..."Is our plan just to recruit foreign born players?" I'll give you the painful answer: yes. Just like the NFF before them where they've expanded the dragnet in Europe to corral anyone with a Nigerian connection. It looks like they've borrowed the NFF playbook. Pretty soon, other sports in Nigeria will be doing the same thing. Just like the Nigerian agriculture system where they depend on crops that grow wild in the bush instead of cultivating and nurturing them. The end result is that home-based Nigerians will receive scant attention from the admins in Nigeria. Of course, only a few might be against foreign born players - people are just asking that the admins not abandon local development.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

theYemster wrote:

2. Spencer Dinwiddle, Jahlil Okafor, OG Anunoby, Semi Ojaleye and Bam Adebayo have been contacted and some commitments already secured.
What about Oladipo and Ayton?

WELL...

...how come no one's answered theyemster's legitimate question re: Ayton?
An analysis of his blood would show the following:

1) Nigeria (Ibo) - 50%
2) Jamaica - 50%
3) Bahamas - 0%
And getting him raises the possibility of getting his best friend and fellow Bahamian, Buddy Hield. With the Bahamas, Hield has as much chance as me getting to the Olympics, in other words, zero or very close.

As for coaches, let's not forget 76'ers assistant Ime Udoka who, along with sister Mfon, has already represented Nigeria.
Bell
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bell wrote:
theYemster wrote:

What about Oladipo and Ayton?

WELL...

...how come no one's answered theyemster's legitimate question re: Ayton?
An analysis of his blood would show the following:

1) Nigeria (Ibo) - 50%
2) Jamaica - 50%
3) Bahamas - 0%
And getting him raises the possibility of getting his best friend and fellow Bahamian, Buddy Hield. With the Bahamas, Hield has as much chance as me getting to the Olympics, in other words, zero or very close.

As for coaches, let's not forget 76'ers assistant Ime Udoka who, along with sister Mfon, has already represented Nigeria.
Bell
We should 100% be in for him over that scammer from the Nets.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

kalani JR wrote:
We should 100% be in for him over that scammer from the Nets.
BOTH CAN HELP

It needn't be one or the other.
Bell
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

After watching the NBA playoffs thus far, I think Bam Adebayo and OG Anunoby are the players we need to commit the most. Those two would turn the Tigers into instant contenders❗️

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Forget about it. Adebayo is probably the first name on the US Olympics roster❗️

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

If Bam commits to Naija i will kill goat. NBBF please bring him home.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

This will be a BIG addition to the team.
Heat’s Bam Adebayo is embracing his name and his Nigerian heritage

https://theundefeated.com/features/miam ... -heritage/
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”