Basketball Team Update

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Player
Eaglet
Eaglet
Basketball Team Update

Post by Player »

Players were hosted at the Nigerian House to a concert featuring Seun Kuti and Asa, picture below is Al Farouq Aminu, Alade Aminu, Asa, Olumide Oyedeji and Ade Dagunduro...

"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Basketball Team Update

Post by Player »

and another one below, I cant ppost it.

http://instagram.com/p/NijQxBw7CM
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

Naija4lyfe
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

and the haters continue.....
When a team like Nigeria men's basketball have nine players that were born in the United States, it is not strange that people ask them how close they feel to their country.

"Stop doing that," said Ike Diogu the team's best player, after a training session at the Basketball Arena on Thursday.

"Every time someone asks us about the fact that we weren't born in Nigeria, I tell them that is a bad question."

Only Olumide Oyedeji, Tony Skinn and Ejike Ugboaja were born in Nigeria, but Diogu added: "We all have Nigerian parents, almost all of us speak more than one language, we eat Nigerian food, we feel Nigerians."

Nigeria were the last team to qualify for London 2012 as they beat Dominican Republic in the decisive match at the Olympic qualifying tournament, played in Venezuela earlier in July.
http://www.sportsnewsarena.com/?A-flip- ... ning-.html
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Meet the team....

[/video]
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Player wrote:Meet the team....

[/video]
:clap: :clap: :clap: naija boys up in this .love my country men .God bless them all
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Nice response by Ike Diogu above...
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Player wrote:and the haters continue.....
When a team like Nigeria men's basketball have nine players that were born in the United States, it is not strange that people ask them how close they feel to their country.

"Stop doing that," said Ike Diogu the team's best player, after a training session at the Basketball Arena on Thursday.

"Every time someone asks us about the fact that we weren't born in Nigeria, I tell them that is a bad question."

Only Olumide Oyedeji, Tony Skinn and Ejike Ugboaja were born in Nigeria, but Diogu added: "We all have Nigerian parents, almost all of us speak more than one language, we eat Nigerian food, we feel Nigerians."

Nigeria were the last team to qualify for London 2012 as they beat Dominican Republic in the decisive match at the Olympic qualifying tournament, played in Venezuela earlier in July.
http://www.sportsnewsarena.com/?A-flip- ... ning-.html
So funny. What of those who nationalise athletes because of money?To

Whatever the outcome, those players are heroes for sacrificing all to represent the hell hole.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Player, hook a brother up, if you know anyone with a D'Tigers ticket that they cant use, please please please
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Dodo wrote:Player, hook a brother up, if you know anyone with a D'Tigers ticket that they cant use, please please please
Ah....even me sef the hussle tickets o, if I hear anything, I will let you know, so far it looks like it will only be the Tunisia game I'll be able to watch live...
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Player wrote:
Dodo wrote:Player, hook a brother up, if you know anyone with a D'Tigers ticket that they cant use, please please please
Ah....even me sef the hussle tickets o, if I hear anything, I will let you know, so far it looks like it will only be the Tunisia game I'll be able to watch live...

the tickets on sale in uk can they be used by other people ?
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

soothsayer wrote:
Player wrote:

the tickets on sale in uk can they be used by other people ?
I dont understand yur question, are there different types of tickets ?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

This thread (and maybe a few others) should move to the Olympic forum since its about the Nigerian Olympic BB team...cheers
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Team played a friendly scrimmage 2 days ago, they won by three points but looked a bit disjointed, Aminu brothers and Tony Skinn were top players. Ekene Ibekwe is down with a fever.
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Sixers' Iguodala passed up on playing for Team Nigeria
By Phil Sheridan
Inquirer Columnist

Iguodala passed up on playing for Team Nigeria

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/oly ... z21uTqbQwz

LONDON - Andre Iguodala is competing in his first Olympics here. But he might have been able to play in 2004 and 2008, if he'd wanted to.

Thing is, he wouldn't have been playing with Kobe Bryant and LeBron James. He would have been playing against them.

Iguodala's father is Nigerian. So he was invited to try out for - and in this case, "try out for" means "make" - the Nigerian Olympic squad. That team, which includes Penn grad Koko Archibong, will compete in these Games with nine American-born players on its roster.

This is the first time Nigeria qualified for the Olympics, but with Iguodala aboard, who knows if the team would have made it sooner?

"They've been trying to get here for a long time now," Iguodala said. "They've gotten here and they want to prove that they belong. They even had training camp in Dallas, in the States. It's interesting. I've gotten calls from them a few times about participating."

In 2004, the first time he was called, Iguodala was preparing for his rookie season with the 76ers. But that wasn't what kept him from saying yes to a unique opportunity.

"It was always my dream to play for the USA team," Iguodala said. "That's where I grew up.

"I never gave it any serious thought. It didn't feel right to me. I've never been there. I've never really had a chance to experience their culture, only from the outside looking in because of my father."

Iguodala said he remembers the 1992 Olympic team - the original Dream Team - better than any of its successors. He was only 8, but he remembered Jordan, Magic, and Barkley more clearly than he remembered, say, the 2004 team that lost to Argentina. That defeat sparked the reorganization of USA Basketball under Jerry Colangelo and coach Mike Krzyzewski.

The Americans' record is 54-1 in international competition since then. The Americans are prohibitive favorites to win the gold medal.

They are also virtual rock stars, even among the other elite athletes gathered here. Of course, Iguodala is more like the bass player than the lead singer or guitar hero. During Friday's news conference, James and Bryant sat on a stage with dozens of reporters at their feet. Iguodala shared a small riser in the back with Kevin Love.

The day before, Iguodala and his teammates were mobbed during a visit to the Athletes Village.

"It was like being at a mall back at home, but it was all athletes," Iguodala said. "There were a lot of autographs and pictures being taken. It was weird, the crowd that we caused, especially being with LeBron and Kobe. As excited as they all were to see us, we were excited to interact with them."

Iguodala wasn't just being nice. He reeled off a list of athletes he got a chance to meet: Lolo Jones, Sonya Richards-Ross, sprinters Tyson Gay and Jeremy Wariner, and high jumper Brigetta Barret, a fellow product of the University of Arizona.

"I'm a huge sports fan," Iguodala said. "I'm a track and field fan. A lot of the other athletes were surprised that I knew who they were. It will be really exciting to see them perform at the highest level."

Iguodala is coming off a longer playoff run with the Sixers than usual and was nursing an Achilles tendon injury. He said he has felt fine physically despite the quick turnaround.

"It's not too bad," Iguodala said. "I don't have as much of a load on myself with this team as I do with the team back in Philly. I'm a little bit fresher. I come in and play a little bit of defense, make an extra pass, kind of be the glue guy. So it's not as bad."

Eventually, Iguodala will be back in that role with the Sixers. If anything, with the departure of Elton Brand, there will be a larger burden for him to carry. But Iguodala wasn't interested in talking Sixers. Not here.

"That's all a few months away," Iguodala said. "I haven't thought about it too much. I've been focusing on the USA team and the things I need to do to help the team reach the goal of getting the gold medal. I get texts every now and then. I'll give it more thought when it's all said and done and I get back."

One thing that seems certain is that, when Iguodala does get back, he will still be a Sixer. Head coach Doug Collins made that abundantly clear when he met with reporters earlier this month. Collins, himself a member of the 1972 Olympic team, pointed to Iguodala's role on Team USA as proof of his stature among NBA players.

Team Nigeria will have to get along without him.
Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/oly ... z21uT9yaHi
visit the village square
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Got luck to Iggy at least the guy was honest....
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Player wrote:Got luck to Iggy at least the guy was honest....
So I can honestly say "4ork him" :lol:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

pajimoh wrote:
Player wrote:Got luck to Iggy at least the guy was honest....
So I can honestly say "4ork him" :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ...I cant blame the guy sha, I dont think his dad was a big part of his life...
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Tony Skinn Reppin

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Nice wan..keep it coming!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

What time is first game on Sunday?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

4 am eastern time
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Yeah but why is that being posted in this thread

This is for the Basketball team update..who cares if Iggy didn't want to take part. Does he have any connection to the team.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT