Medal Count (1. USA, 2. China, 3. GB ) - USA takes the lead

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Medal Count (1. China, 2. USA, 3. GB ) - updated

Post by kash n' karry »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Russia might pip Great Britain for 3rd place.
:evil: :twisted:
i want Russia to pip da gadaaaaaaammmmnn Brits bcos they've cheated the Russians out of gold medals in favor of the US at the gymnastic events :scared:
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

kash n' karry wrote:
:evil: :twisted:
i want Russia to pip da gadaaaaaaammmmnn Brits bcos they've cheated the Russians out of gold medals in favor of the US at the gymnastic events :scared:

Not going to happen.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

23 medal events to be competed for today.

It's very likely that the US will overtake China by the end of the day.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

China with 36 gold medals. USA now with 35 gold medals and GB still going strong with 24 gold medals.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg
Re: Medal Count (1 USA, 1. China, 3. GB ) - updated

It's all tied up folks. 37 gold medals a piece for China and the USA.
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg
Re: Medal Count (1. USA, 2. China, 3. GB ) - USA takes the l

USA takes the gold in the decathlon to lead China by one.
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

If the USA women can hold on to the baton this time I like their chances of beating the Jamaican women in the 4x100.
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

China's gold medals have dried up. US now leading by 4.

This thread was popping when China was in the lead. What happened?
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

USA had the most gold medals and most overall medals in case anyone missed it.

:lol:
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I still find Russian performance to be remarkable. They're actually in a crisis of sorts as state funding has dried up that private industry has yet to make up. However, alarm bells have been sounded and they are carefully debating and preparing to inject...pardon the pun...new money in order to make a better showing in the next Winter Olympics, which they are hosting.

Russia is competitive in so many sports: volleyball, gymnastics, track and field, wrestling, lifting, especially their women.

Kudos to Britain for such a great home field showing. I just wonder if they can sustain this. In the case of Russia, I am sure they will.

As for the US, well, we're a machine. Money. Naturalizing athletes. Organization. Facilities. Large population. We have the greatest advantages when it comes to selection, training, and competition across the most disciplines.

Ironically, we might be at a slight disadvantage in drugging, as testing seems to be more common and randomly applied all year round.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

mate wrote:I still find Russian performance to be remarkable. They're actually in a crisis of sorts as state funding has dried up that private industry has yet to make up. However, alarm bells have been sounded and they are carefully debating and preparing to inject...pardon the pun...new money in order to make a better showing in the next Winter Olympics, which they are hosting.

Russia is competitive in so many sports: volleyball, gymnastics, track and field, wrestling, lifting, especially their women.

Kudos to Britain for such a great home field showing. I just wonder if they can sustain this. In the case of Russia, I am sure they will.

As for the US, well, we're a machine. Money. Naturalizing athletes. Organization. Facilities. Large population. We have the greatest advantages when it comes to selection, training, and competition across the most disciplines.

Ironically, we might be at a slight disadvantage in drugging, as testing seems to be more common and randomly applied all year round.

Cheers, Mate
USA is the godfather of drugging, they are just so good at hidding it.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

realtrouble wrote:
mate wrote:I still find Russian performance to be remarkable. They're actually in a crisis of sorts as state funding has dried up that private industry has yet to make up. However, alarm bells have been sounded and they are carefully debating and preparing to inject...pardon the pun...new money in order to make a better showing in the next Winter Olympics, which they are hosting.

Cheers, Mate

:laugh:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

As predicted.

Great Britain has 29 gold, 17 silver and 19 bronze for a total of 65 medals.
Russia has 24 gold, 26 silver and 32 bronze for a total of 82 medals.

GB has 5 more golds than Russia, but Russia has 9 more silver and 13 more bronze. 9 silver + 13 bronze > 5 golds. Kudos to the British though, that was an amazing medal haul.

Wha choo looking at?!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

realtrouble wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Not true. I don't think anybody did it more than the Eastern bloc in the 70s and 80s. Sure, for a while afterwards, the US had the most sophisticated drugs.

But today, the US actually does make it a bit more difficult than many other countries in surprising athletes with tests.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

mate wrote:
realtrouble wrote:

Cheers, Mate
Not true. I don't think anybody did it more than the Eastern bloc in the 70s and 80s. Sure, for a while afterwards, the US had the most sophisticated drugs.

But today, the US actually does make it a bit more difficult than many other countries in surprising athletes with tests.

Cheers, Mate

Mate stop lying. The Americans are the biggest cheats out there. You guys have access to the best PEDs money can buy. Stop with your patronizing BS already :dream:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Scipio Africanus wrote:
As predicted.

GB has 5 more golds than Russia, but Russia has 9 more silver and 13 more bronze. 9 silver + 13 bronze > 5 golds. Kudos to the British though, that was an amazing medal haul.
No.

Gold medals supersede all other medals.
Blue is the color.
%$#@^& moron.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

phantomjournalist wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
As predicted.

No.

Gold medals supersede all other medals.
Ehn?? So if country A had 1 gold medal, 0 silver and 0 bronze, and country B had 0 gold, 99 silver and 99 bronze, country A would be ahead of country B in the standings?!? Those rules seem like they were written by Wayotus McOjoro.

Wha choo looking at?!
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I think it should be on a point system, ie Gold =5 Silver =3 and Bronze =1, then the guy with 99 silvers will look slick besides the guy with one gold medal :)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.