Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Player
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigeria V Lithuania

Post by Player »

Game Starts at 2.30pm UK time....

Must win game for both, if we can stop Kleiza and Jasikievicius, then we good to go....
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria V Lithuania

Post by wanaj0 »

Player wrote:Game Starts at 2.30pm UK time....

Must win game for both, if we can stop Kleiza and Jasikievicius, then we good to go....
Wishing them the best of luck.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

our defense stood strong against tunisia so expecting the same stout defense with a lot more on the offense, the offense was where things didnt go well for us, lets go D'Tigers
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Naijakid
Egg
Egg

Post by Naijakid »

we got this!
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

sabb wrote:our defense stood strong against tunisia so expecting the same stout defense with a lot more on the offense, the offense was where things didnt go well for us, lets go D'Tigers
depending on what defense you are talking about, our inside defense has always been good, but our outside defense (mostly guards) have been poor as a team from a long time, we get trapped and sometimes lost in screens, the communication at the top is very poor and the rotation is slow, thats where our major problem is and I have a feeling thats where the Lithuanians are going to try exploit again, they know they cant come inside, so they will work us outside to death.....but I agree with you on offense, we need to convert more, but we need to take into consideration that offense comes with more time together, we have only been together for a short while...
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

it was close last time around... could also be another extremely close game.
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Player wrote:
sabb wrote:our defense stood strong against tunisia so expecting the same stout defense with a lot more on the offense, the offense was where things didnt go well for us, lets go D'Tigers
depending on what defense you are talking about, our inside defense has always been good, but our outside defense (mostly guards) have been poor as a team from a long time, we get trapped and sometimes lost in screens, the communication at the top is very poor and the rotation is slow, thats where our major problem is and I have a feeling thats where the Lithuanians are going to try exploit again, they know they cant come inside, so they will work us outside to death.....but I agree with you on offense, we need to convert more, but we need to take into consideration that offense comes with more time together, we have only been together for a short while...
:lol: omo am just learning the ins and outs about bball from u guys o, no sabi nada
but with ur description above, na the inside i dey talk about cos i noticed the tunisians tried to waltz their way inside fron d onset but our bois stood tall and guarded up without so much foul but once they got outside, mehn we were exposed and 3 pointers were raining in.
Screens ke, wot is dat, a players blocks the defense while anoda moves into position to shoot, oh mehn
also our transition from defense to offense is slow too but hoping it was just jitters sha
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

sabb wrote:
Player wrote:
:lol: omo am just learning the ins and outs about bball from u guys o, no sabi nada
but with ur description above, na the inside i dey talk about cos i noticed the tunisians tried to waltz their way inside fron d onset but our bois stood tall and guarded up without so much foul but once they got outside, mehn we were exposed and 3 pointers were raining in.
Screens ke, wot is dat, a players blocks the defense while anoda moves into position to shoot, oh mehn
also our transition from defense to offense is slow too but hoping it was just jitters sha
:D :D You are actually right on the money. A screen is when the team with the ball set their players (mostly big men) to block of the opposing defenders from getting to the ball or man, sometimes there can be 2 or 3 screens set at a time or simultaneously. Our players need to talk more and read what is coming so that they can anticipate the screens and evade them. That was why the Tunisians were open from long range, our players were getting lost in the screens or too slow to react. Same thing happened in Venezuela, and if you play against a team that can shoot, mostly European teams, we will be toast.

You can do a high screen, low screen, double screen, or even mix it up, teams that can shoot (European teams) mostly use an outside (high) screen, and others use an Inside(low) screen to free up their big man or for the big man to free up a guard (front or back door screen)...There is also the pick and roll, Argentina is going to use this a lot against us.

Look at the guy in the white between the two yellow players, he got caught in the screen, so the guy with the ball is open to shoot, or number 32 in the yellow can roll in, get the ball and have a mismatch inside or dish it out to his yellow team-mate in the corner for the shot.

Look at number 20 on the white team, he is going to go towards the right hand side where two of his teammates have set screens for the guy behind him in blue.

I think the only equivalent I can find in football is during corner kicks
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Wishing the team the best of luck...
Soldier of Fortune...
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Player wrote:
sabb wrote:
Player wrote:
:D :D You are actually right on the money. A screen is when the team with the ball set their players (mostly big men) to block of the opposing defenders from getting to the ball or man, sometimes there can be 2 or 3 screens set at a time or simultaneously. Our players need to talk more and read what is coming so that they can anticipate the screens and evade them. That was why the Tunisians were open from long range, our players were getting lost in the screens or too slow to react. Same thing happened in Venezuela, and if you play against a team that can shoot, mostly European teams, we will be toast.

You can do a high screen, low screen, double screen, or even mix it up, teams that can shoot (European teams) mostly use an outside (high) screen, and others use an Inside(low) screen to free up their big man or for the big man to free up a guard (front or back door screen)...There is also the pick and roll, Argentina is going to use this a lot against us.

Look at the guy in the white between the two yellow players, he got caught in the screen, so the guy with the ball is open to shoot, or number 32 in the yellow can roll in, get the ball and have a mismatch inside or dish it out to his yellow team-mate in the corner for the shot.

Look at number 20 on the white team, he is going to go towards the right hand side where two of his teammates have set screens for the guy behind him in blue.

I think the only equivalent I can find in football is during corner kicks
:thumbs: getting there
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Lithuania has size and is so lethal on the perimeter. Gl to Nigeria you'll need it.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

ElHadary wrote:Lithuania has size and is so lethal on the perimeter. Gl to Nigeria you'll need it.
Whether it will be by luck....or from Gods grace...or whatever...all I know is that we are winning.

One way or the other.

Even if Kongi..has to use his Juju.....powers...

Even if we have to get Yahoo Yahoo boys to bribe the officials. When the 4th Quarter is up......Nigeria will be smiling.

It will come to pass
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

wow bbc not showing this match :mad: found it http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/201 ... o/p00w2y1s :D
Last edited by skillful on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Sabb thanks for the link.....you are a baws

choiii....shate mayne...e don dey happen......e don dey shele....shaaaaaaaaaaaaate men

I don dey shake ohh.....choiiii......Little Wayne Ya.......no be ....Lil boosie...oh...no be lil Romeo...this one na Little Wayne ya

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

skillful wrote:wow bbc not showing this match :mad:
bbc tv or bbc online
cos na only team gb bbc tv dey show, drasage and rowing
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Game about to start
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Tbite wrote:Sabb thanks for the link.....you are a baws

choiii....shate mayne...e don dey happen......e don dey shele....shaaaaaaaaaaaaate men

I don dey shake ohh.....choiiii......Little Wayne Ya.......no be ....Lil boosie...oh...no be lil Romeo...this one na Little Wayne ya

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:
:lol: baws na aussie slang
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

National anthem :thumbs:
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

lets go dere

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

I don't see us wining this one
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Where are the Nigerian fans ??
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

see standings, cmon bois lets improve on that
go on D'Tigers
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

boys dey warm up o...this is so pathetic, so many empty sits, and i have been searching for tickets all day, nonsense Lithuania just full ground