WHAT A COUNTRY!

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Kasal32000
Egg
Egg
WHAT A COUNTRY!

Post by Kasal32000 »

Even the development of sport we can't invest.Poor country like North Korea is placed 4 in the medal table.Nigeria is no where yet to be found. Wahaala dey o no bi small. God help that obodo Naija.SHAME !BIG BIG SHAME!!
akamoke
Re: WHAT A COUNTRY!

Post by akamoke »

It does not help pointing this out every 4 yrs, time for us all to invest in sports in Nigeria especially the big corporations among us

Government cannot do it all sha

I am not expecting much from Nigeria because we have not invested in sports as such...I'll just be proud of my compatriots for their efforts
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

akamoke wrote:It does not help pointing this out every 4 yrs, time for us all to invest in sports in Nigeria especially the big corporations among us

I am not expecting much from Nigeria because we have not invested in sports as such...I'll just be proud of my compatriots for their efforts
You can start by encouraging your kids to take up Swimming, Gymnastics, Diving, Fencing, Equestrian... echeteram echeteram...

You know dem nobe sports pesin dey pick up for old age? :taunt: :P
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a silly thread... how many times have you watched a naija man or woman compete in bow and arrow? seriously .. some of una like to complain
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

The fact is the complaining...isn't just complaining.....it is the truth

It is a disgrace. It is a disgrace and it will always be a disgrace, until we put the system in place.

A country like Nigeria should not be making up the numbers in the Olympics.

Nigeria is the perfect definition of an empty vessel.

It is a country with little output.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

akamoke wrote:It does not help pointing this out every 4 yrs, time for us all to invest in sports in Nigeria especially the big corporations among us

...na today i don dey harp on that. Wey all our millionaires and billionaires, the dangotes, all the crooked polititiefs?
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Bigpokey24 wrote:what a silly thread... how many times have you watched a naija man or woman compete in bow and arrow? seriously .. some of una like to complain
So it doesn't bother you that Nigeria may not even medal in this entire Olympics?
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mudi E wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:what a silly thread... how many times have you watched a naija man or woman compete in bow and arrow? seriously .. some of una like to complain
So it doesn't bother you that Nigeria may not even medal in this entire Olympics?
nope, there is always a next time ,it's not the end of the world seeing green white green is good enough for me...a medal is a bonus
SuperEagles

achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mudi E wrote:
nope, there is always a next time ,it's not the end of the world seeing green white green is good enough for me...a medal is a bonus
You might think that you are being patriotic by those who complain but it is the other way round, you are the most unpatriotic Nigerian I have ever come across on the internet. I don't know who you think you are trying to impress :oops:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mudi E wrote:
You might think that you are being patriotic by those who complain but it is the other way round, you are the most unpatriotic Nigerian I have ever come across on the internet. I don't know who you think you are trying to impress :oops:
No mind bigpokey...it bothers me that in this day and age we just don't medal in these games. A country as big as Nigeria cannot produce formidable athletes either due to apathy or cantankerous neglect of our athletic institutions...in the area of boxing, we should be dominating...and why is swimming or platform diving so far-fetched?
O boy, it grates me no be small.
Bigpokey..we also said "next time" in Athens in 2004, in 2008, the same thing and then now...nada.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Its a shame we consistently under perform at the Olympics. Big shame!!!
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

bret- hart wrote:Its a shame we consistently under perform at the Olympics. Big shame!!!
Dem go soon tag you say u dey complain too much and you should go build infrastructures to first of all encourage your own kids to take up swimming and other athletic programs in order to represent Nigeria. :oops:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mudi E wrote:
You might think that you are being patriotic by those who complain but it is the other way round, you are the most... everybody get mouth , but when it' unpatriotic Nigerian I have ever come across on the internet. I don't know who you think you are trying to impress :oops:
when you are done ranting , log off, if you like lose sleep and cry about zero medals, another olympics dey Brazil.... i go watch green white green win or lose... your type are already insulting the basketball team.. while you siddon in front of your laptop and choping food with ya belle swealing due to chopping food and at the same time swearing and insulting the athletes your government ignores and do nada for... go ask if they had any clue about the bball team qualifying... mouth be what again ? :roll: abeg carry go everybody get mouth but when it is time for action nah grave yard sound we dey hear..
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Mudi E wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mudi E wrote:
No mind bigpokey...it bothers me that in this day and age we just don't medal in these games. A country as big as Nigeria cannot produce formidable athletes either due to apathy or cantankerous neglect of our athletic institutions...in the area of boxing, we should be dominating...and why is swimming or platform diving so far-fetched?
Bigpokey..we also said "next time" in Athens in 2004, in 2008, the same thing and then now...nada.
you are a joke , we only have 53 folks at the olympics, the likes of china and the US have over 500 plus athletes at the games... even track and field events do not start until friday, and you are here crying after 3 to 4 days since the games started... stop running your mouth before you actually analyze the situation .. haba you are educated
SuperEagles

Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mudi E wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Mudi E wrote:
you are a joke , we only have 53 folks at the olympics, the likes of china and the US have over 500 plus athletes at the games... even track and field events do not start until friday, and you are here crying after 3 to 4 days since the games started... stop running your mouth before you actually analyze the situation .. haba you are educated
:laugh:
I will see how many medals una go win in your 'favored' events.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

my point exactly .. you have already written them off... then why complain at all?
SuperEagles

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

bret- hart wrote:Its a shame we consistently under perform at the Olympics. Big shame!!!
Its just a reflection of........
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Man Ataye wrote:
Why can't you people represent Nigeria and win medals? No be unanticipated mate dey win medals?

Like Williams did with his daughters, make unanticipated turn your children to be world beaters.

So the SHAME is on.........
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

wanaj0 wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:
Why can't you people represent Nigeria and win medals? No be unanticipated mate dey win medals?

Like Williams did with his daughters, make unanticipated turn your children to be world beaters.

So the SHAME is on.........
...wanaj0 my Oga...always on point...you said it right very correct...and plus why does it have to be government doing all...
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

So that is what you guys have broke down athletics to?

Representing the country?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

It helps if the facilities are there, all these other countries set up the facilities and they maintain it. If the facilities are there then the onus is on us to encourage our kids to participate.....Too much failings in Nigeria no other way to dissect it.

Here in England, their are boxing clubs, basketball clubs, athletics clubs,gymnastic clubs, martial arts etc that are government funded, some might not be the best, but you will still get some talent come through, can the same be said of Nigeria ?
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Player wrote:It helps if the facilities are there, all these other countries set up the facilities and they maintain it. If the facilities are there then the onus is on us to encourage our kids to participate.....Too much failings in Nigeria no other way to dissect it.

Here in England, their are boxing clubs, basketball clubs, athletics clubs,gymnastic clubs, martial arts etc that are government funded, some might not be the best, but you will still get some talent come through, can the same be said of Nigeria ?
I hope they realize that even the athletes that are competing are struggling and complaining.

Blessing Okagbare is complaining

Gloria Asunmu is complaining

so even when you are a pro athlete that has represented the country continentally and globally, there is still need for the support system.

You don't just need the facilities from the ground up, you need it even as a professional. So everything must be there. For the school level, national level, amateur level, Semi Pro, Pro level etc
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Cellular wrote:

You can start by encouraging your kids to take up Swimming, Gymnastics, Diving, Fencing, Equestrian... echeteram echeteram...

You know dem nobe sports pesin dey pick up for old age? :taunt: :P
How about the Nigerian authority figures earning their keep. What are they there for? Decoration?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051