Continental pride at stake tomorrow. Hoping Nigeria wins

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Continental pride at stake tomorrow. Hoping Nigeria wins

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

We are talking about Olympic basketball prelims here. Nigeria vs USA tomorrow.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Continental pride at stake tomorrow. Hoping Nigeria win

Post by mke1010 »

Continental pride is not at stake. Naija simply cannot win this game. If they can keep it respectable that will be the best they can do. Of couse I would love them to shock the world but it aint going to happen. I just hope the assz whoopin aint too bad.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

mke1010 wrote:Continental pride is not at stake. Naija simply cannot win this game. If they can keep it respectable that will be the best they can do. Of couse I would love them to shock the world but it aint going to happen. I just hope the assz whoopin aint too bad.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
it's just a round ball for crying out loud. africans have the talent. what do we have to give nigeria to win this thing ? beleive it or not, victory in sports is 50% mental. if nigerians believe they have been defeated already then you don't expect them to do well at all. we need to start thinking positively.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Colonel Adamu wrote:
mke1010 wrote:Continental pride is not at stake. Naija simply cannot win this game. If they can keep it respectable that will be the best they can do. Of couse I would love them to shock the world but it aint going to happen. I just hope the assz whoopin aint too bad.
it's just a round ball for crying out loud. africans have the talent. what do we have to give nigeria to win this thing ? beleive it or not, victory in sports is 50% mental. if nigerians believe they have been defeated already then you don't expect them to do well at all. we need to start thinking positively.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

haha, beat the US?? we could not even beat Lithuainia who were nothing special, best thing is stoo keep the scoreline down
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

When are the track and field events? All the swimming and gymnastic rubbish are driving me nuts.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Ogolo, there's an Olympic forum for crying out loud, which I'm sure you know. Alas, we both know your motives for opening this thread, and opening it in R&R, so carry on...
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Roman Obamovitch wrote:Ogolo, there's an Olympic forum for crying out loud, which I'm sure you know. Alas, we both know your motives for opening this thread, and opening it in R&R, so carry on...
Oba,
I thought you gave up the Mod duties for crying out lawd! Why do you find it hard to resist the urge to attack a helpless "foreigner"on "your" forum? You have too much time in your hands. :taunt:
Limeone
Egg
Egg

Post by Limeone »

Adamu the clown
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

I think Nigeria would have the best chance at winning a medal if this a were sport. Forget about basketball.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

mke1010 wrote:I think Nigeria would have the best chance at winning a medal if this a were sport. Forget about basketball.
bolaji
Egg
Egg

Post by bolaji »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Naija no dey carry last o. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
mke1010 wrote:I think Nigeria would have the best chance at winning a medal if this a were sport. Forget about basketball.
"Daddy, that man looks scary" said my 6yr old son on seeing Ghanaian's GK Dauda's face coming towards the Camera Lens. My avatar is my tribute to the only man that has managed to scare the craps out of my son.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Colonel Adamu wrote:
Roman Obamovitch wrote:Ogolo, there's an Olympic forum for crying out loud, which I'm sure you know. Alas, we both know your motives for opening this thread, and opening it in R&R, so carry on...
Oba,
I thought you gave up the Mod duties for crying out lawd! Why do you find it hard to resist the urge to attack a helpless "foreigner"on "your" forum? You have too much time in your hands. :taunt:

Bwana Adamu the onus is now on East and Southern Africans to salvage Africas honour otheriwse these games will be a disaster for us. I trust your runners will come correct once the time comes

Kirsty Coventry has one final swim in the 200m backstroke (her strongest event) and is in the finals so i am hoping she gets a medal

Please Caster Semenya do your best in the 800metres. Shame the Maputo Express is retired
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Sorry but carrying plastic knife to fight involving aerial bombers and snipers has only one outcome.
A Massacre.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

1naija wrote:When are the track and field events? All the swimming and gymnastic rubbish are driving me nuts.
:evil: :twisted:
Don't go nutz ol' boy just drink Heineken during the games, boxing is fyne though and it's on cnbc.

I am really sad that they disqualified 2 of our athletes. Bcos Naija has no chance at basketball, much less beat da U.S.A.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ogolo, come one now, what da? :shock:

Are those shorts or trousers? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

pajimoh wrote:Image

I just read somewhere that Nigeria got beat by the largest margin in Olympic basketball history.
What's Nigeria good at? Is Nigeria good at anything? Y'all should relinquish the giant of Africa title to a more deserving real nation like Equatorial Guinea or your neighbor, Ghana. At least they are consistent.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Colonel Adamu wrote:

I just read somewhere that Nigeria got beat by the largest margin in Olympic basketball history.
What's Nigeria good at? Is Nigeria good at anything? Y'all should relinquish the giant of Africa title to a more deserving real nation like Equatorial Guinea or your neighbor, Ghana. At least they are consistent.
I am asking myself now, is it worth qualifying if you know the quality you have is not good enough against the opposition you
face. We are the equivalent of a oceanic nation playing in the world cup, but this is kind of what is happening to other sports
only reason why football is still holding up is because of the love Nigerians have generally for it at grassroots level.
This is what happens when you have complacent leaders who let everything we ever done well in the past rot away. Just like our agricultural industry our education now it is hurting our sports. I don't blame any sportsman or athlete from Nigeria who migrates to compete for other nations, they don't deserve to reap what they don't sow. I can see more sportsmen switching nationalities in future just like Obikwelu.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...what de heck is dat :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote:

...what de heck is dat :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Admit it guys, your Olympic basketball team is a fraud... :taunt: