Moderator: Moderator Team

MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
Nigerian athletes barred from meetings

Post by MI5 »

Written by Niyi Alebiosu, London Thursday, 02 August 2012

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/spo ... gs-visits-

As the nation waits anxiously for Team Nigeria’s medal haul at the London 2012 Olympics, President of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria, AFN, Chief Solomon Ogba has imposed bans on frequent meetings with the athletes as well as barring visitors to the team.

Ogba who stormed the Olympic Village met with the athletes and said that he would not want people to distract the athletes by locking them up with meetings.

''I’ve told them that there should be no meetings with my athletes. And there should be no visitors, too. I want these athletes to concentrate and have peace of mind before their events start’’, Ogba said.

''The athletes are in good mood and training well. That is why I want them to remain focused and not be burdened with meetings, meetings. I don’t know what they are meeting on,’’ Ogba said.

He assured Nigerians that the Athletic team to the Olympics would do their best in the Olympics.

''I am not promising anything. All I know is these athletes are in good condition. For me, I want all them to get to the semi final. And from there, anything can happen,’’ Ogba, a former Sports Commissioner in Delta State said.
Soldier of Fortune...
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigerian athletes barred from meetings

Post by MI5 »

London 2012: Ogba brings refreshing hopes to Team Nigeria

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/spo ... ndon-2012-

PRESIDENT of Athletics Federation of Nigeria, Chief Solomon Ogba has always been seen in sports circles as the man with the midas touch.

And, indeed, the man whose performance in Delta State as Sports Commissioner dwarfed all the other states in Nigeria has brought his magical touch to bear in athletics.

At very difficult times where Team Nigeria struggled, Ogba and his Athletics Team had brought relief, respect and excellence to the country.

At the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi and the All Africa Games in Maputo, Ogba and Athletics walked with their noses in front.

And out here in London for the 2012 Olympics, Ogba has promised that his team would do their best.

‘’I’m not promising anything extraordinary. All I want to see here is for our athletes to get to the semi-final stages of their different events. From there, anything can happen’’, Ogba said modestly at the Nigerian House which has become a bee-hive of activities for Nigerians and non Nigerians who come to savour the delicacies of the country and wine and dine with Nigerian Nollywood stars.

‘’The athletes are ready and I am moved by their commitment. My brother, we are looking at semi final spots for them and from there, anything can happen’’, Ogba reiterated.
Soldier of Fortune...
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Nigerian journalists seriously need to quit using the term "stormed the Olympic village/camp/office." They've been fixated on the word "storm" for decades....Its played out...na everybody dey storm???? Couldn't he have just "visited"?
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

deanotito wrote:Nigerian journalists seriously need to quit using the term "stormed the Olympic village/camp/office." They've been fixated on the word "storm" for decades....Its played out...na everybody dey storm???? Couldn't he have just "visited"?
I was about to say the same thing!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

deanotito wrote:Nigerian journalists seriously need to quit using the term "stormed the Olympic village/camp/office." They've been fixated on the word "storm" for decades....Its played out...na everybody dey storm???? Couldn't he have just "visited"?
:rotf:
Our journalists love being over dramatic
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

JuJuMan wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

JuJuMan wrote:
...it is a reflection of the people of Naija...
...wetin...? Naija na be DRAMATIC people...?
clocky
Egg
Egg

Post by clocky »

lol
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Player wrote:
JuJuMan wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
NIGERIANS AND CLICHES!!!
'Storm'
'Do or Die affair'
'Deliver the goods'
'Lock horns'
'Sweat merchant'
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk wrote:
Player wrote:
JuJuMan wrote:
NIGERIANS AND CLICHES!!!
'Storm'
'Do or Die affair'
'Deliver the goods'
'Lock horns'
'Sweat merchant'

Soldier of Fortune...
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MI5 wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Damunk wrote:
Player wrote:
JuJuMan wrote:
NIGERIANS AND CLICHES!!!
'Storm'
'Do or Die affair'
'Deliver the goods'
'Lock horns'
'Sweat merchant'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol: