Nigeria disgraced Africa!

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Nigeria disgraced Africa!

Post by Heliopolis »

Never have I been as ashamed of being African more so than I am today. What happened today was a travesty and disgrace to the entire African continent, the great people of Africa and our African fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers and ancestors. Goodluck Jonathan must declare a national day of mourning tomorrow and the Nigerian Olympic Committee should pull their men's team from the basketball tournament immediately. This loss has single-handedly - and I say this without any hesitation - set the African continent back a good 4-5 decades.

It's hard enough being of African descent; the challenges and stigmas that we constantly battle on a daily basis, but imagine the shame and suffering this loss has inflicted on our great people. Africans deserve better than this. Shame on the Nigerian men's basketball team for what they did to our continent today. Tomorrow if I fill out a survey and am asked to detail my ethnic origin, I will select "Other" because I dont want anyone to laugh at me for being an African. "Hey man, you're African? Didn't Nigeria lose by 80 yesterday?" The first order of business at the next African Union summit should be to temporarily suspend Nigeria until the wounds suffered today begin to heal.

Naija opened its yansh for the oyinbo Kevin Love :boo: :boo: :boo:
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria disgraced Africa!

Post by Comrade Machel »

Heliopolis wrote:Never have I been as ashamed of being African more so than I am today. What happened today was a travesty and disgrace to the entire African continent, the great people of Africa and our African fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers and ancestors. Goodluck Jonathan must declare a national day of mourning tomorrow and the Nigerian Olympic Committee should pull their men's team from the basketball tournament immediately. This loss has single-handedly - and I say this without any hesitation - set the African continent back a good 4-5 decades.

It's hard enough being of African descent; the challenges and stigmas that we constantly battle on a daily basis, but imagine the shame and suffering this loss has inflicted on our great people. Africans deserve better than this. Shame on the Nigerian men's basketball team for what they did to our continent today. Tomorrow if I fill out a survey and am asked to detail my ethnic origin, I will select "Other" because I dont want anyone to laugh at me for being an African. "Hey man, you're African? Didn't Nigeria lose by 80 yesterday?" The first order of business at the next African Union summit should be to temporarily suspend Nigeria until the wounds suffered today begin to heal.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I see revenge is a dish best served cold (for the yabbis some people dish out to your football team)

I am not Nigerian and don't care for basketball but even my son was taunting me over the score
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Egypt is useless outside Africa in its most popular sport, football disgracing Africa at will. This thread is a classic case of misery needing company. Hi hater. :rotf:
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

green4life wrote:Egypt is useless outside Africa in its most popular sport, football disgracing Africa at will. This thread is a classic case of misery needing company. Hi hater. :rotf:
My brother, we cannot talk right now. Let's just take our licking and move on.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

green4life wrote:Egypt is useless outside Africa in its most popular sport, football disgracing Africa at will. This thread is a classic case of misery needing company. Hi hater. :rotf:
:evil: :twisted:
Fry pan calling kettle black. Naija is even more a mess.
South Africa already has 3 medals at the Olympics and they are all Gold !! :mrgreen:
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

and they were talking about "if Naija loses by 20."

Naija does not do basketball....like, damn!!!!

Your level is WNBA.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Your level is WNBA.
...and what would the score be had Ghana played this same U.S. team?
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Your level is WNBA.
I am sure someone even mentioned Naija winning :lol: :lol: :lol: Now even for a novie like me thats really taking the mick :D That would be like me entertaining the idea of Zim beating Spain at football
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Never have I been as ashamed of being African more so than I am today. What happened today was a travesty and disgrace to the entire African continent, the great people of Africa and our African fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers and ancestors. Goodluck Jonathan must declare a national day of mourning tomorrow and the Nigerian Olympic Committee should pull their men's team from the basketball tournament immediately. This loss has single-handedly - and I say this without any hesitation - set the African continent back a good 4-5 decades.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I see revenge is a dish best served cold (for the yabbis some people dish out to your football team)

I am not Nigerian and don't care for basketball but even my son was taunting me over the score
So let me get this straight, your son is not African ?
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

juventuss wrote:
My brother, we cannot talk right now. Let's just take our licking and move on.
I don't know about you, but I' damn sure talking and raising my hands as a Nigerian. An Egyptians wants to come lecture you about International sports.
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

We are useless in Africa in football.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

kalani wrote:
Who is useless in Africa ? You can't possibly be talking about Nigeria in African football.
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

mmeny wrote:
kalani wrote:
Who is useless in Africa ? You can't possibly be talking about Nigeria in African football.
The very same.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

....thank God i never saw the match up, but the score i heard was an utter disgrace. Why show up at all?
This is like an NBA team playing some high school kids, or a european champ league club playing a 2nd division naija club.
Well, they can take the bribe they accrued and good home :curse:
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Your level is WNBA.

Guys a troll always needs attention and affection..do not take this hard. :?
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Team Egypt has a legacy of remarkable achievements. Its 9th place at the 1952 Summer Olympics as well as its 5th place at the 1950 FIBA World Championship remain the best results ever of an African nation at each tournament. Further, the title of the 1949 Eurobasket is the most prestigious basketball title of an African nation as well. At the FIBA Africa Championships, Egypt holds a records number of 16 medals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt_nati ... tball_team
How the efffff do you lose by 83 in a basketball game? That is the equivalent of losing by 10+ goals in soccer.

Even the likes of Angola, Australia, China, etc have not been defeated this heavily by the US in men's basketbal at the Olympics.

This was a yanshing if I ever saw one :oops: :oops: :oops:
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Heliopolis wrote:
Team Egypt has a legacy of remarkable achievements. Its 9th place at the 1952 Summer Olympics as well as its 5th place at the 1950 FIBA World Championship remain the best results ever of an African nation at each tournament. Further, the title of the 1949 Eurobasket is the most prestigious basketball title of an African nation as well. At the FIBA Africa Championships, Egypt holds a records number of 16 medals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt_nati ... tball_team
How the efffff do you lose by 83 in a basketball game? That is the equivalent of losing by 10+ goals in soccer.

Even the likes of Angola, Australia, China, etc have not been defeated this heavily by the US in men's basketbal at the Olympics.

This was a yanshing if I ever saw one :oops: :oops: :oops:
you lose easy when the opponent are hitting 70% of their 3-pointers which is incredibly high, its even extremely high for training practice without an opponent. USA just had a very good day against Nigeria, yes it looks bad, but the tigers made an effort.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Nigeria has herself to blame. I remember folks on here all cumbaya, eutopia, every thing fine mode. I wanted the squad to be strengthened, this squad could have used more shooters, and more interior defense help, wasn't thrilled by the play of Tony Skinn. Oh well no point crying over spilled milk, we take the beating as a country, no need to place blame, we improve and get better.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Can you guess which team held the previous olympic record?

You can check the scoreline between Brazil and Egypt at the 88 Olympics....
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria has herself to blame. I remember folks on here all cumbaya, eutopia, every thing fine mode. I wanted the squad to be strengthened, this squad could have used more shooters, and more interior defense help, wasn't thrilled by the play of Tony Skinn. Oh well no point crying over spilled milk, we take the beating as a country, no need to place blame, we improve and get better.
I guess you were right, I felt the guys deserved their chance, but maybe national honor was far more important, maybe now though we get proper funding (have my doubts) and get better quality willing to represent us.
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

Egypt should thank us for replacing their basketball team's loss to Brazil in '88 from the record for highest margin.

Thank us. Such is our love for our African brothers.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

soothsayer wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Nigeria has herself to blame. I remember folks on here all cumbaya, eutopia, every thing fine mode. I wanted the squad to be strengthened, this squad could have used more shooters, and more interior defense help, wasn't thrilled by the play of Tony Skinn. Oh well no point crying over spilled milk, we take the beating as a country, no need to place blame, we improve and get better.
I guess you were right, I felt the guys deserved their chance, but maybe national honor was far more important, maybe now though we get proper funding (have my doubts) and get better quality willing to represent us.

You want us to field players that don't care about Nigeria, those that fail to show up for the qualifiers and drop those that fought for the qualification?

Irrespective of the score, we are not coming last in the group.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Heliopolis shud be banned I'm on the train will xplain later
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT