LONDON 2012 TRACK & FIELD THREAD

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: LONDON 2012 TRACK & FIELD THREAD

Post by anointed »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:Damn it Caster, why leave it till so late like that :cry: :cry: :cry:

She could have beat that Russian. Silver is good anyway.
Not that she left it late but she was too far back and definitely underestimated the finishing pace of Savinova.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Colin jackson talking rubbish. Thankfully Michael johnson calling him out on his bullsh*t
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

anointed wrote:
Samora Moises Machel wrote:Damn it Caster, why leave it till so late like that :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not that she left it late but she was too far back and definitely underestimated the finishing pace of Savinova.
Savinova has been finishing like that in most of her qualifiers, was Caster unaware of that!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

anointed wrote:

You got a point, maybe she didnt anticipate the Russian would finish so strongly
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

smartbrother wrote:Colin jackson talking rubbish. Thankfully Michael johnson calling him out on his bullsh*t
Was funny the way Micheal was shaking his head like, like what the heck!!!!!
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

I wonder what Maria Mutola is thinking with the way her charge/protege ran that race. It just doesn't make sense why she was so far back :cry: :???:

Very weird

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

soothsayer wrote:
anointed wrote:

Savinova has been finishing like that in most of her qualifiers, was Caster unaware of that!
May be, may be not but it's not impossible that Semenya thought her kick will do it like it has in the previous rounds and races and very well it did earn her silver. You may also want to consider that Savinova has not been finishing so strongly in the previous rounds so Semenya may have thought all is well. One thing I can say is a lot of African athletes need to change their approach to the races. Give the final your best, no room for mistakes just like Rudisha did. Dont assume the other athletes were doing their best in the earlier rounds.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Kenya's medal stats

Sydney 2000 Kenya had 7 medals.. with 2 golds,
Athens 2004 kenya had 7 medals.. with 1 gold
Beijing 2008 Kenya had 14 medals... with 6 golds,
london 2012 kenya had 9 medals.... with 2 golds,

So I guess while its drop from last olympics its still better than their
previous results.. I sure though they thought they could have had more...
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Nija girls about to go in 4x400 final
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

T&T's 19 year old wins javelin...first ever medal in the field events.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

see female high jumpers just clearing 2.03m anyhow. Everyone has raised their game at these olympics
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

4x400m relay fina...Women
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Naija in lane 3
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

o boy that russian almost cleared 2.05 right there
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Dodo wrote:Nija girls about to go in 4x400 final
Last chance saloon.... best of luck , I hope the Nigerian girls win a medal for themselves ,
considering all the hard work they may have done. Nigeria on the other hand deserves
none of the credit or reward of a medal.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

smartbrother wrote:see female high jumpers just clearing 2.03m anyhow. Everyone has raised their game at these olympics
I dont think 2.03 is that high. May be cos Blanka isnt here. And it's like only 3 are remaining anyway.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

anointed wrote:
smartbrother wrote:see female high jumpers just clearing 2.03m anyhow. Everyone has raised their game at these olympics
I dont think 2.03 is that high.

more evidence you know nothing!
Last edited by smartbrother on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Naija 7th after 1st leg
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Nigeria girl omotosi is far behind........
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

last after 1st leg
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

The starter for Naija was poor :cry: :cry:

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Naija last after 2nd leg

USA leads by a mile
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Russians in second... wow..