Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria V Argentina

Post by Cristao II »

Q3 Nig 20 Arg 19

That first quarter wrecked the game for Nigeria. This might be nasty but that injury to Skinn was a blessing in disguise!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
pajimoh wrote:So which big star would want to play for naija now?
Hopefully none. If we can't build a basketball program then we should let basketball die a natural death, it wasn't meant to be.
We do have a basketball program (I have seen Nigerian players hold clinics for children at VGC club) and a league that is televised on SuperSports. Give it time. I just pray we dont have the equivalent of NFF and the greedy twats in football in basketball.
The fans are the greatest problem. Now they are missing the coach and players who made it possible for us to play in our first Olympics. Deceiving ourselves that with another coach we will do better. They forget where we are coming from!

Anyway, some here seems to be better than the players and coaches on parade. Will be looking forward to their contribution at the next Olympics. Remove the first quarters and we are not that bad!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
pajimoh wrote:So which big star would want to play for naija now?
Hopefully none. If we can't build a basketball program then we should let basketball die a natural death, it wasn't meant to be.
We do have a basketball program (I have seen Nigerian players hold clinics for children at VGC club) and a league that is televised on SuperSports. Give it time. I just pray we dont have the equivalent of NFF and the greedy twats in football in basketball.
I know but you will agree with me that more can be done.
I agree a little but for the most I say you are expecting too much. For example this is an Argentine team that has played together for years. First quarter aside, Nigeria is holding its own against the Argies. Nigeria will get there. Give the nation time. I only pray that basketball is allowed to develop without some useless people damaging it the way we have damaged football.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
grandverve
Egg
Egg

Post by grandverve »

I don't know much about bball but it seems this players travel a lot...all of them not just naija players.
"THE GENTILITY OF A LION SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS COWARDICE"

A Manchester United FC FANantic - Our history makes us STRONG, your hatred makes us STRONGER
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

according to the commentators, our bois are good individually but as a team woeful which is normal considering they haven't been together a long time, dat's a positive. Go back, train, continue to play together and with time know each others game and we mite just get there, baby steps. Keep at it d'tigers
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

Those boys are piss poor, to say the least. How do you expect to win as a basketball team when you:
can't shoot
can't defend
can't run or track back
can't play to your strength
don't communicate
....and generally playing as if you're in a slow motion roll.

Can't even beat Lithuania....the same team you beat in the qualifiers
And then disgraced my country against the team USA :boo:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
sabb
Egg
Egg

Post by sabb »

Super Eagle wrote:Those boys are piss poor, to say the least. How do you expect to win as a basketball team when you:
can't shoot
can't defend
can't run or track back
don't communicate

Lithuania took team usa to the wire
To d Super Eagles - there's no limit to wot can be accomplished when nobody cares who gets the credit (ucb)
speech is ma hammer bang d world into shape - mos def
A win is a win, whether u win by an inch or by a mile - Dominic Toretto
life without knowledge is death in disguise - talib kweli
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

sabb wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:Those boys are piss poor, to say the least. How do you expect to win as a basketball team when you:
can't shoot
can't defend
can't run or track back
don't communicate

Lithuania took team usa to the wire
The team USA wasn't at their best in that game. I think they thought that they were playing against Nigeria again :rotf:
But either way, the fact remains that we beat the same Lithuania team a few weeks ago during the qualifiers
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

The 1Q wrecked this game. Q4: 22-17
Last edited by Cristao II on Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Dbanji needs to pay this DJ some royalities
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

But to be fair, they played a much better defense against the Argies.

Their efforts against the team USA was pathetic :boo:
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:The 1Q wrecked this game. Q4: 22-17
22 to naija?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

pajimoh wrote:
22 to naija?
Yes!

Q1 Arg 37 Nig 19
Q2 Arg 20 Nig 18
Q3 Arg 19 Nig 20
Q4 Arg 17 Nig 22

The first quarter really wrecked it. After that it was a much more equal game.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
22 to naija?
Yes!

Q1 Arg 37 Nig 19
Q2 Arg 20 Nig 18
Q3 Arg 19 Nig 20
Q4 Arg 17 Nig 22

Improved performance. Hopefully they can win their last game
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Cristao II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
22 to naija?
Yes!

Q1 Arg 37 Nig 19
Q2 Arg 20 Nig 18
Q3 Arg 19 Nig 20
Q4 Arg 17 Nig 22

More like Argentina shot into the lead, and become comfortable with 15-20 point game.
Hopefully we can get something against France.
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Whew, so we did not get blown out... ope..
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...so who won? With the subdued postings looks like we got kicked again :sad: :sad:
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

Okay folks, the math is simple! These boys have to play that defense in the first quarter and keep France under 23points. They need to concentrate on defense first and the offense will fall naturally! Defense first! Defense first!!! Defense first!!!
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

b ball not being owa ting back home, 1st olympiad, new team together etc etc iwas not exoecting dem to get out talkless of medal..this is a painful but needed lesson..we will return..just have a lot of meshing to do..still love those boys..Lets see in 4 yrs, more pros, more experience from these few.. it is all good. :thumb:
sabb wrote:according to the commentators, our bois are good individually but as a team woeful which is normal considering they haven't been together a long time, dat's a positive. Go back, train, continue to play together and with time know each others game and we mite just get there, baby steps. Keep at it d'tigers
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

france ain't all dat..thy barely beat Tunisia.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Man Ataye wrote:b ball not being owa ting back home, 1st olympiad, new team together etc etc iwas not exoecting dem to get out talkless of medal..this is a painful but needed lesson..we will return..just have a lot of meshing to do..still love those boys..Lets see in 4 yrs, more pros, more experience from these few.. it is all good. :thumb:
sabb wrote:according to the commentators, our bois are good individually but as a team woeful which is normal considering they haven't been together a long time, dat's a positive. Go back, train, continue to play together and with time know each others game and we mite just get there, baby steps. Keep at it d'tigers
You wish. Knowing our people, we will dismantle the team, sack the coach get one messiah coach and then fail to qualify for the next Olympics and start looking for the next scapegoat goat. We don't believe in building so no way are we going to build on this "achievement". Definitely not with the current fans!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

wanaj0 wrote:
Man Ataye wrote:b ball not being owa ting back home, 1st olympiad, new team together etc etc iwas not exoecting dem to get out talkless of medal..this is a painful but needed lesson..we will return..just have a lot of meshing to do..still love those boys..Lets see in 4 yrs, more pros, more experience from these few.. it is all good. :thumb:
You wish. Knowing our people, we will dismantle the team, sack the coach get one messiah coach and then fail to qualify for the next Olympics and start looking for the next scapegoat goat. We don't believe in building so no way are we going to build on this "achievement". Definitely not with the current fans!
kpom