Blessing storms to 100m final in sub-11secs

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Blessing storms to 100m final in sub-11secs

Post by anointed »

deanotito wrote:Her first third of the race is absolutely disastrous. I had such high hopes for her, but no one can keep running like that and expect to dominate in the 100m....Never have seen someone turn so many last positions into 1st...all in one race...she did it in the semis and it worked...tried it in the finals too, but those girls were beastly....She might never be the fastest starter in the world, but she owed it to herself to at least be competitive....No reason why Okagbare should come last in the 100m final...essentially means she was beat by folks she had beat in earlier rounds....and that's sad....she needs to work on that start

At 24, she's got time...but Track can be a fast changing sport....I don't particularly think that the women now at the top are very fast...so the sport looks like its waiting to be dominated by a beast....means that Okagbare might not have as much time as her age suggests...do I think she'd be that "beast"? Honestly, I don't....but she's good enough to win a world championship or 2 if she cleans up that start
Watching the race again, it's like it was her strongest point, the acceleration, that let her down. She actually had a not bad start but as the race progressed, she was out-accelerated. The gap btw and the rest of the field at the start was ver minimal but as the race wore on, it became larger and larger. So I dont think it was her start. May be she gave too much on the sf.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

I feel sorry for her and I hope she get right it next time. I also learnt that Jeter is her training partner. I hope she gets some endorsements though.

Bolts made excess of $20m in endorsement in 12 mnths.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenha ... on-a-year/

http://www.forbes.com/athletes/#p_7_s_a0_
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

deanotito wrote:.I don't particularly think that the women now at the top are very fast.
you're kidding right? You have established hall of famers in Felix, Fraser Pryce and Campbell Brown all competing right now along with the second fastest woman of all time in Carmelita Jeter. If the women at the top now arent particularly fast who is?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Godfather, endorsements for doing what? No one remembers the silver medalist, let alone those in last place. She's a talent as raw as freshly tapped palm wine. If she isn't already, she needs to find herself over to the States or if already there, re-evaluate her training program.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

she is already in the states... she seems to have learnt her trade down there....
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

How did Okogbare do today?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Dead last. Dang!

1 2197 JAM FRASER-PRYCE Shelly-Ann 10.75
+ 2 3299 USA JETER Carmelita 10.78 SB
+ 3 2194 JAM CAMPBELL-BROWN Veronica 10.81 SB
+ 4 3306 USA MADISON Tianna 10.85 PB
+ 5 3287 USA FELIX Allyson 10.89 PB
+ 6 3055 TRI BAPTISTE Kelly-Ann 10.94
+ 7 1402 CIV AHOURE Murielle 11.00
+ 8 2584 NGR OKAGBARE Blessing 11.01
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Blessing is not a raw talent.

She trains with Jetter and she is actually said to be the most technical female Sprinter Nigeria has seen

She will break the 100m African Record, she did underperform in the 100m Finals in London, she will run faster, she will improve. She is Young.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

She can't compete with the Jamaicans and Americans with their steroi ... I mean supplements. Marion Jones is still fresh in our minds..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Damunk wrote:Image

:rotf: :rotf: Damunkey, they forgot to include principalities :rotf:
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Coach wrote:@Godfather, endorsements for doing what? No one remembers the silver medalist, let alone those in last place. She's a talent as raw as freshly tapped palm wine. If she isn't already, she needs to find herself over to the States or if already there, re-evaluate her training program.
I totally agree with you but remember that Olympics is not the only tournament where they display their talents. they do have track and field clubs that performs all around the world where they actually compete with each other and win laurels, money, prices and endorsements. Like in Golden League races, IAAF World Athletics Championships, World Indoor Championships, Continental Cup, Commonwealth Games etc

She is already a training partner with Jeter here in USA. It seems they have the same coach. She will only get better.
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

1naija wrote:She can't compete with the Jamaicans and Americans with their steroi ... I mean supplements. Marion Jones is still fresh in our minds..
Same thing I'm thinking.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.