This is your America

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
This is your America

Post by skillful »

"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
soothsayer
Egg
Egg
Re: This is your America

Post by soothsayer »

what the ****!!!!!!!

I can not believe that the editors did not think that would cause offence, you have to be a child
not to realize, and NBC is not a third world t.v station, at worse someone should be fired for this....
now makes me wonder why they failed to show the 100m final live but instead showed
show horse jumping.....
galoise
Egg
Egg

Post by galoise »

Read the comment section loooool... That Mubarak guy is killing me today loool
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

It's nothing but a mere coincidence.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

phantomjournalist wrote:It's nothing but a mere coincidence.
That point was made......however there is actually a schedule for the Olympics.....the Olympics has a schedule and arrangements and timing. And even though the advertising slots are arrange beforehand.....so too is the knowledge of favorites for an event, top contenders, prospects etc.

So someone could definitely have timed the advert following the event, knowing that the African American had a chance at winning the event.

People don't just win events, as we can see with Nigeria's 0 medals. There are favorites, there contenders, those are the people that win the events.

For example we know that Jamaica or America will win the 4x100, that is no coincidence.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Just like how NBC messed up our flag. That was some stupid mistake, if it was indeed a mistake.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

This your NBC sounds like some joke of a media outlet
Not showing the 100m live...not showing opening ceremony live...the monkey incident, the Nigerian Flag incident.

Una don suffa for Yankee oh. Meanwhile the Australian cable network has the best coverage in the world for the Olympics. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

although they are probably asking themselves if it was a good investment with only 2 Gold Medals thus far. :mad: :mad:
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Tbite wrote:This your NBC sounds like some joke of a media outlet
Not showing the 100m live...not showing opening ceremony live...the monkey incident, the Nigerian Flag incident.

Una don suffa for Yankee oh. Meanwhile the Australian cable network has the best coverage in the world for the Olympics. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

although they are probably asking themselves if it was a good investment with only 2 Gold Medals thus far. :mad: :mad:
They are showing everything online live
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Seems like someone was just careless and didnt think about the ramifications. I mean these ad spots are carefully planned in advance. How would they have known Gabby would be the one that the commentator would have talked about right before the ad spot?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

metalalloy wrote:

Seems like someone was just careless and didnt think about the ramifications. I mean these ad spots are carefully planned in advance. How would they have known Gabby would be the one that the commentator would have talked about right before the ad spot?
you kidding right...
do you know how they edit adverts and run newsrooms?
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

metalalloy wrote:

please, these are stations that can broadcast a beer ad congratulating your team for winning seconds after the result
the technology is not that rigid
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The editors can always make changes on the fly, skip ahead to another advert
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

JuJuMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

please, these are stations that can broadcast a beer ad congratulating your team for winning seconds after the result
the technology is not that rigid

Which is why i am saying it could be mere carelessness. while it could have been edited it obviously wasn't. These ads have specific lengths that go to specific time slots in a program. That slot may have been pre selected before she won the medal and no one thought about the way it could be perceived running it after a black athlete won.

Btw, the beer ad congratulating teams for winning seconds after the results are prerecorded for both teams winning and they simply select the one applicable one based on the team winning. Just like newspapers also print copies of alternate headlines. In the case of the gymnastics it is impossible to forecast who could win the event since there are more permutations than just two possible outcomes.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16