Egg
Egg
Team GB success leaves French ‘perplexed’

Post by femibyte »

lol...

Team GB success leaves French ‘perplexed’
By Eurosport | London Spy – 16 hours ago
Email

While British fans have been enjoying a bevy of golds at the London Olympics, our friends across the Channel seem to be having a hard time rationalising Team GB's success.
Fans and officials have been left baffled by just how well our athletes are doing. And nowhere more so than in the Velodrome, with France's track cycling team director Isabelle Gautheron suggesting that British stars such as Victoria Pendleton and Sir Chris Hoy are using 'Magic Wheels'.
"We are asking a lot of questions: how have they gained so many tenths of seconds? Have they found a new training process based on certain energy pathways? I am not talking about any illicit product, because anti-doping tests are so strong," a perplexed Gautheron told L'Equipe.
"Honestly, we are looking a lot at the kit they use. It is not yet time to analyse, though. It's all over for these Games.
"They hide their wheels a lot. The ones for the bikes they race on are put in wheel covers at the finish (of a race). Do they really have (official supplier) Mavic wheels? We know that they work with McLaren."
British Cycling performance director Dave Brailsford laughed at the French line of questioning.
"It's interesting that people are starting to ask questions. It's no different from when we raced the last three and a half weeks at the Tour de France," he said.
"It's the same method, the same philosophy and essentially fantastic coaching which is the only secret weapon we possess. As far as the Olympic Games go, only two weeks are important: one week in Beijing, one week here. And we've peaked for both."
Question marks have also been raised about Jessica Ennis. Thierry Vautrat, a journalist with Ouest France, tweeted after her win in the Heptathlon: "Ennis? She's a bit unreal. Wonder how she could win the (final event) 800m so easily, with no pain. Surprising."
Britain's performances in cycling and rowing also started trending in France on Twitter with French fans unhappy about how Britain were allowed restarts in both events.
L'Equipe said that perceived favouritism towards the hosts had left "a great part of the public and TV viewers incredulous".
Meanwhile, Le Monde noted how French internet users "exasperated by the turn of events in the men's pairs rowing final on Saturday, reinvented the rules of the Olympic sports in favour of representatives of her gracious majesty".
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg
Re: Team GB success leaves French ‘perplexed’

Post by phantomjournalist »

Lmao at magic wheels. This is akin some forumers's claims of jazz during football matches.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

France are still pissed off they did not host the games, they were probably laughing last week when there were negative comments coming in from the UK about lack of spectators, no business for retail, now everything seems to be booming, thanks to the weekend gold rush, now there seems to be a new rush for tickets, even if team GB does not win anymore medals which is highly unlikely, think they have performed really well!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

I was saying this in another thread. So much goes into making an Olympian, all the way down to the science of bio-mechanics, equipment design, muscle conditioning, technique development with the help of even the same type of financial engineers that help Wall Street make billions, nutrition research, etc. Yes, duh! The British have found ways to improve their kit and bikes. Watch the French go back and do research to find those 10ths of seconds too. Meanwhile, Nigeria doesn't even have professional cycling.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:I was saying this in another thread. So much goes into making an Olympian, all the way down to the science of bio-mechanics, equipment design, muscle conditioning, technique development with the help of even the same type of financial engineers that help Wall Street make billions, nutrition research, etc. Yes, duh! The British have found ways to improve their kit and bikes. Watch the French go back and do research to find those 10ths of seconds too. Meanwhile, Nigeria doesn't even have professional cycling.
Obama I am tired, ashamed and frustrated. An oil producing giant of Africa under achieving. If Nigerian music and Nollywood can reach international acclaim why not sport?
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

[quote="Roman Obamovitch"]I was saying this in another thread. So much goes into making an Olympian, all the way down to the science of bio-mechanics, equipment design, muscle conditioning, technique development with the help of even the same type of financial engineers that help Wall Street make billions, nutrition research, etc. Yes, duh! The British have found ways to improve their kit and bikes. Watch the French go back and do research to find those 10ths of seconds too. Meanwhile, Nigeria doesn't even have professional cycling.[/quote]

I once saw thief in Nigeria run away with a bicycle, the type of speed he displayed, he would have snapped every gold on display at this olympics!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

cchinukw wrote:
Roman Obamovitch wrote:I was saying this in another thread. So much goes into making an Olympian, all the way down to the science of bio-mechanics, equipment design, muscle conditioning, technique development with the help of even the same type of financial engineers that help Wall Street make billions, nutrition research, etc. Yes, duh! The British have found ways to improve their kit and bikes. Watch the French go back and do research to find those 10ths of seconds too. Meanwhile, Nigeria doesn't even have professional cycling.
Obama I am tired, ashamed and frustrated. An oil producing giant of Africa under achieving. If Nigerian music and Nollywood can reach international acclaim why not sport?
Nigeria is no giant. We're just 'big'. Nigeria has not yet achieved real greatness. Nigeria is not just under-achieving, it is MASSIVELY under-achieving.
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

Funny thing is that it was the British domination of the cycling events in Beijing that made them change the rules to only one competitor per nation per event, with the speeds those guys have found they would probably be taking all 3 medals in events if that new rule wasn't in place
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

cchinukw wrote:
Because in Africa, we don't take a scientific approach to things Instead we leave everything to God and claim that the oyibo man is using jazz instead of studying how they do and copying like the Asians have...
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com