Nigerians competing for other countries

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigerians competing for other countries

Post by Damunk »

Mr. Piffington wrote:What a weird thread. You guys need to go to sleep. Stalking foreigners and claiming them because they have atleast one parent who was born in Nigeria is a sign of desperation, go and develop your own talent and stop waiting on foreigners to do your work for you.
I dont think you quite get the point.
Its not about claiming or stalking 'Nigerian' athletes groomed by other countries, but about putting our own sports authorities under pressure to force them to answer why they are not doing what they are being paid to do.
In short, if other countries are able to groom these athletes to Olympic level from a far smaller pool, then what on earth are we doing with a whole country of 150m and an athletic pool probably 10,000 times bigger?

I know they say these people are shameless, but we should continue to shame them with the facts regardless, until it is pushed onto a major political platform.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

they can represent planet mars, but regardless they all still have Nigerian blood... kudos to them wish them the best as well
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Lawrence Okoye is in the discuss final
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

segebaba wrote:
mcal wrote:....until stories like these saturate Nigerian dailies and shame the thieves at the top, it's gonna be samething as usual.
Did you say shame and naija thieves in the same sentence?? :rotf: :rotf: Naija is the only country where public officials refuse to resign even after being caught stealing or what have you....shame ke? they have no shame o.....
...if this kind story pepperped on the papers daily eventually shame go set in.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Met Anthony Joshua recently, cool kid, he even nack some broken small, went to boarding school in Naija
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:What a weird thread. You guys need to go to sleep. Stalking foreigners and claiming them because they have atleast one parent who was born in Nigeria is a sign of desperation, go and develop your own talent and stop waiting on foreigners to do your work for you.
Its not about claiming or stalking 'Nigerian' athletes groomed by other countries, but about putting our own sports authorities under pressure to force them to answer why they are not doing what they are being paid to do.
In short, if other countries are able to groom these athletes to Olympic level from a far smaller pool, then what on earth are we doing with a whole country of 150m and an athletic pool probably 10,000 times bigger?

I know they say these people are shameless, but we should continue to shame them with the facts regardless, until it is pushed onto a major political platform.
:clap: Kpom!!

thats the exact reason i started the thread.
YNWA
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

heavyd wrote:
Damunk wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Some people just dont understand....
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Player wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Damunk wrote:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Damunk wrote:

Now, that is what is called, 'end of discussion'. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Player wrote:
heavyd wrote:
Damunk wrote:

...some people don't want sand in their egunje/bribe garri. Nigeria mentality.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

JuJuMan wrote:
Damunk wrote: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Jujuman, did you put this photolist together yourelf or did you lift it from somewhere?
Because I think this should be made into a huge story in Nigerian newspapers after the Olympics when the post-mortem investigations begin...
Not that difficult.
lol ...no o, i lifted it from facebook
Jujuman, abeg can you detail me the FB link. I just want to know what the feedback is like. I'm seriousy thinking of putting a newspaper article together after the Olympics but I need a few references to help mould the article and capture the public mood.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Speaking of egunje. One of the main reason Francis Obikelwu (sp) started competing for Portugal. Francis was dropped from the olympics team, because his rival in the Nigerian agreed to share his escatode with an official. (Francis posted a faster time, than his rival).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:Speaking of egunje. One of the main reason Francis Obikelwu (sp) started competing for Portugal. Francis was dropped from the olympics team, because his rival in the Nigerian agreed to share his escatode with an official. (Francis posted a faster time, than his rival).
Is this a verified fact or just 'dem say'?
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

I don't think this is a weird thread at all. The number of athletes of Nigerian descent competing for other countries is worthy of note and tells a story. It also begs the question as to why they are not representing Nigeria. We have such a vast pool but yet they are not representing Nigeria. One clue: I am a parent whose kids hold two passports. My heart is truly Nigerian, but if the choice arose as a parent I will advise my kids based on who I think would best develop them, take best care of them, and best appreciate them. So the end result would be .........
chendosplastic
Egg
Egg

Post by chendosplastic »

Damunk wrote:
JuJuMan wrote:Image
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Jujuman, did you put this photolist together yourelf or did you lift it from somewhere?
Because I think this should be made into a huge story in Nigerian newspapers after the Olympics when the post-mortem investigations begin...
Not that difficult.
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Just a minor correction - Francis Obikwelu - Portugal not Spain.
"The history book on the shelf is always repeating itself" - ABBA.
"Facts, Logic, truth is the way....stop ranting via emotions; seeing things through the prism of ethnicity is comfortable but ultimately a road to perdition." - airwolex.