Seven Cameroon athletes go missing

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Seven Cameroon athletes go missing

Post by Man Ataye »

YAOUNDE (Reuters) - Seven Cameroon athletes have disappeared while in Britain for the London Olympics, the Ministry of Sports and Physical Education said on Monday evening.

The seven - five boxers, a swimmer and a soccer player - are suspected of having left to stay in Europe for economic reasons.

"What began as rumor has finally turned out to be true. Seven Cameroonian athletes who participated at the 2012 London Olympic Games have disappeared from the Olympic Village," David Ojong, the mission head said in a message sent to the ministry.

Ojong said a reserve goalkeeper for the women's soccer team, Drusille Ngako, was the first to disappear. She was not one of the 18 finally retained after pre-Olympic training in Scotland.

While her team-mates left for Coventry for their last preparatory encounter against New Zealand, she vanished. A few days later, swimmer Paul Ekane Edingue and his personal belongings were also not found in his room.

Ojong added that five boxers eliminated from the games, Thomas Essomba, Christian Donfack Adjoufack, Abdon Mewoli, Blaise Yepmou Mendouo and Serge Ambomo, disappeared on Sunday from the Olympic village.

International Olympic Committee officials said on Tuesday they had heard nothing about the missing athletes.

"We are unaware of it," IOC spokesman Mark Adams said when asked whether organizers had heard of it.

It is not the first time Cameroonian athletes have disappeared during international sports competitions.

At past Francophonie and Commonwealth games as well as junior soccer competitions, several Cameroonians have quit their delegation without official consent.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/seven-came ... --box.html
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg
Re: Seven Cameroon athletes go missing

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

They are just making it harder for the next Cameroonaian athletes who will need visas to enter these countries next time round.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Gudo wrote:They are just making it harder for the next Cameroonaian athletes who will need visas to enter these countries next time round.
It was inconsiderate of them.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

Ehmn! If na you you no go run? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: One look at the soccer fields in Cameroon and a look at Wembley, you go pick race too. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

As they say the grass is always greener....in this case it is literally :-)
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

They want to lie down on green pasture
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

anointed wrote:They want to lie down on green pasture

:lol: :lol: :lol:
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

They're telling the world how bad things are in Cameroon.

I was there just a month ago.
The rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

If you don't have "connections" it is tough.

Not saying what the athletes have done is right, of course I am sure they are really going to miss plaintain and wish they could return back but the hardship back in that country will make many to take this risky move.
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

CMS wrote:Ehmn! If na you you no go run? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: One look at the soccer fields in Cameroon and a look at Wembley, you go pick race too. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

...oh no Oga CMS...why now...? blind go feel the difference from this picture and vow not to return...to a country where Hayatou comes from....and 90 some thing year old president...if then chain man down for olympic village he go still run...yeye continent...