Olympics Basketball

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet
Olympics Basketball

Post by KingLoku »

I think U.S.A NBA players should not be allowed to participate in Olympics basketball tournaments , i think is unfair to other countries , if in soccer professionals are not allowed to dominate , i think the same rule should apply in basketball ..
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg
Re: Olympics Basketball

Post by phantomjournalist »

KingLoku wrote:I think U.S.A NBA players should not be allowed to participate in Olympics basketball tournaments , i think is unfair to other countries , if in soccer professionals are not allowed to dominate , i think the same rule should apply in basketball ..
So they should be punished because their professionals are better than the professionals of other countries? :lol:

I guess an U-23 type of thing would make things more interesting, but the US is still likely going to dominate regardless.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
okjazz
Egg
Egg

Post by okjazz »

The only reason it happens in soccer is because FIFA does not want the Olympics to compete with the world cup. It has nothing to do with domination.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

okjazz wrote:The only reason it happens in soccer is because FIFA does not want the Olympics to compete with the world cup. It has nothing to do with domination.
FIFA are nothing but b*tches.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

Olympic soccer should be the dominant footballing competition IMO.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

kalani wrote:Olympic soccer should be the dominant footballing competition IMO.
No, I like the world cup to the dominant one but I think the Olympics should have full pros competing in them though.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

I think a more appropriate policy would be to restrict players to only one Olympic games, same should apply to Tennis. Na so so Kobe Bryant we dey see every time. Let other NBA players have a go. Ditto Tennis.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

As a fan, I love seeing the best players compete in basketball. Having the best NBA players represnet their countries makes the basketball tournamnet so much more exciting. I feel cheated when I see average players representing their countries.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
kalani wrote:Olympic soccer should be the dominant footballing competition IMO.
No, I like the world cup to the dominant one but I think the Olympics should have full pros competing in them though.
The problem is with the clubs. As soon as the Olympics are over, the football season begins. Teams are always reluctant to give away their best players for the Olympics. Pre-season has been going on for weeks now and a lot of these players would have missed out on training with their teams. Clubs like Barcelona wouldn't even have a squad until the Olympics were over.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

The U.S. wants to be number 1 in their favored sport. Their amateur basketball players are not good enough to compete internationally, hence they lobbied hard for the pros to participate knowing that they will dominate. It's been like that since Barcelona Olympics.
One can recall how their college players were trampled upon by the likes of Lithuania, Italy, Spain and Argentina before 1992.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
kalani
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani »

Mudi E wrote:The U.S. wants to be number 1 in their favored sport. Their amateur basketball players are not good enough to compete internationally, hence they lobbied hard for the pros to participate knowing that they will dominate. It's been like that since Barcelona Olympics.
One can recall how their college players were trampled upon by the likes of Lithuania, Italy, Spain and Argentina before 1992.
Yeah like in 1984 or 1976. Foreign pros were always in the Olympics but were still allowed to pretend they were amateurs, look at people like Toni Kukoc or Oscar Schmidt.
megapro wrote:
Yobo’s problem is easy to analyze. His name is Omeruo. You don’t have to be a genius, just a normal guy like me to understand that we’re talking about frustration. It’s not easy for a player to see how he’s outperformed by a 19 year-old kid, but the kid is fantastic. I had the courage to play him and the problem is very simple.