Make this Jamaicans go sit down

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Make this Jamaicans go sit down

Post by 1naija »

They can't all of a sudden be the fastest people in the world. Something aint right.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Make this Jamaicans go sit down

Post by Mr. Piffington »

1naija wrote:They can't all of a sudden be the fastest people in the world. Something aint right.
My feelings exactly but there isn't any proof so I'll just have to say fat shouts to them.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

When Gatling and co are doping it's okay, when caught, they start whining... The level playing field is balance now.

1naija wrote:They can't all of a sudden be the fastest people in the world. Something aint right.
Soldier of Fortune...
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Usain Bolt has been racing since he was 15!!! he was a former junior champion in 200 metres, if anyone bothers to watch any documentary, you will find out that he comes from a village, top hilly village called trelawny, he said he used to walk and jog for miles to fetch water as they had no running water, same thing applies to East African athletes, Bolt is over 24 now, that means he has been performing for over 8 years!!! now the US are saying because he ate a lot of yams and bananas, tetss have found yams contains steroids, what a whole lot of crap!! if that was the case and yes they sell yams all over the world, let the US sprinters start eating it as well, this whole thing amounts to prejudice, same way they now accuse the Chinese swimmer of been supernatural and probably taking drugs
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

something ain't right if you just started following T&F.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

marko wrote:Usain Bolt has been racing since he was 15!!! he was a former junior champion in 200 metres, if anyone bothers to watch any documentary, you will find out that he comes from a village, top hilly village called trelawny, he said he used to walk and jog for miles to fetch water as they had no running water, same thing applies to East African athletes, Bolt is over 24 now, that means he has been performing for over 8 years!!! now the US are saying because he ate a lot of yams and bananas, tetss have found yams contains steroids, what a whole lot of crap!! if that was the case and yes they sell yams all over the world, let the US sprinters start eating it as well, this whole thing amounts to prejudice, same way they now accuse the Chinese swimmer of been supernatural and probably taking drugs
I watched a documentary by the BBC on Bolt earlier this year. Showed you his home, him as a 16/17 year old, where he trains, the coach and his training routines. I dont think he is juiced. It seems such a no frills operation that i seriously doubt they would have access to fancy chemists :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Chinese swimmer however, i think she is doped
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

tfco wrote:
something ain't right if you just started following T&F.
More like the clamp down on drugs eliminated the US so the Jamaicans now look good.
Eaglet

Post by marko »

yes usain bolt is unconventional, he is far from the unfinished article, you can see in his sometimes bad starts, false starts, he remains a raw talent, once he is in full stride, he ghosts past his opponents like they are not even there, if he can work on his bad starts, he will break that record!!!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
okjazz
Egg
Egg

Post by okjazz »

Jamaicans have always been the fastest people in the world. You just havent been paying close attention.

Prior to Bolt, the most talented 100m runner I ever saw was Jamaican Donovan Bailey the gold medalist in 1996. Too bad his career was shortened by injury. There was also Linford Christie who won the gold medal in 1992 also Jamaican. And going back even further, Donald Quarrie a gold medalist in 1976 and Herb Mckinley.

On the womens side, Merlene Ottey was the best sprinter of the late 80s and 90s. She was always relegated to silver however almost all the runners who beat her were later busted for doping, especially those Eastern European women.

Which brings me to the main point. The reason Jamaica looks good now is 3fold.

1. They are tapping local talent and are much better organized than before when they were haphazard. Local coaches in Jamaica are now amongst the best.
2. Jamaican runners now stay at home instead of going to the US on college scholarships. In the past many Jamaicans were wasted by the US collegiate system. College coaches would make them run in too many races which shortened their careers by making them injury prone. College coaches are not interested in a runners long term career. They just want to win now. If Bolt was in college, the coach would have made him run 100m, 200m, 400m in every meet in order to amass as many points as possible. Now that Bolt is in jamaica, his coach can limit the number of races he enters. This is good for his long term career.

2b. Other runners simply could not keep up with the academic rigors of college. They dropped out of school and thus ended their running careers. many Jamaican runners were from rural areas, coming to the US after O-Levels they simply were not ready for college.

3. Better and more stringent dope testing has reduced the number of medals won by USA, Eastern Europe and others who used to steal medals from Jamaica. Runners like Juliet Cuthbert and Merlene Ottey would have won gold medals.

If you look back to the 1987 world championships for example, you will note that virtually all the womens medals were won by Eastern Europeans most likely doped on androgenic drugs. Even the US was locked out of the medals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_World ... 7s_results
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Some of you still believe in Santa Claus and have refused to learn. Practically all track and field athletes - at least the world class ones - are juiced up to the eyeballs. The Jamos don't even bother with off-season testing, as the Brits pretend to do. When they finally catch Bolt, you'd all come here acting shocked.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

okjazz wrote:Jamaicans have always been the fastest people in the world. You just havent been paying close attention.

Prior to Bolt, the most talented 100m runner I ever saw was Jamaican Donovan Bailey the gold medalist in 1996. Too bad his career was shortened by injury. There was also Linford Christie who won the gold medal in 1992 also Jamaican. And going back even further, Donald Quarrie a gold medalist in 1976 and Herb Mckinley.

On the womens side, Merlene Ottey was the best sprinter of the late 80s and 90s. She was always relegated to silver however almost all the runners who beat her were later busted for doping, especially those Eastern European women.

Which brings me to the main point. The reason Jamaica looks good now is 3fold.

1. They are tapping local talent and are much better organized than before when they were haphazard. Local coaches in Jamaica are now amongst the best.
2. Jamaican runners now stay at home instead of going to the US on college scholarships. In the past many Jamaicans were wasted by the US collegiate system. College coaches would make them run in too many races which shortened their careers by making them injury prone. College coaches are not interested in a runners long term career. They just want to win now. If Bolt was in college, the coach would have made him run 100m, 200m, 400m in every meet in order to amass as many points as possible. Now that Bolt is in jamaica, his coach can limit the number of races he enters. This is good for his long term career.

2b. Other runners simply could not keep up with the academic rigors of college. They dropped out of school and thus ended their running careers. many Jamaican runners were from rural areas, coming to the US after O-Levels they simply were not ready for college.

3. Better and more stringent dope testing has reduced the number of medals won by USA, Eastern Europe and others who used to steal medals from Jamaica. Runners like Juliet Cuthbert and Merlene Ottey would have won gold medals.

If you look back to the 1987 world championships for example, you will note that virtually all the womens medals were won by Eastern Europeans most likely doped on androgenic drugs. Even the US was locked out of the medals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987_World ... 7s_results
Linford Christie and Merlene Ottey were drug cheats.

Jamos no longer fancy the US collegiate system b/c funding from sponsors has dried up after the Balco scandal. There is also the small matter of non-existent off-season testing in Jamaica.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

"When people ask me about Bolt I say he could be the greatest athlete of all time. But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don't question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you're a fool. Period."
Carl Lewis in 2008 (a drug cheat too)
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:I watched a documentary by the BBC on Bolt earlier this year. Showed you his home, him as a 16/17 year old, where he trains, the coach and his training routines. I dont think he is juiced. It seems such a no frills operation that i seriously doubt they would have access to fancy chemists :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Chinese swimmer however, i think she is doped
:lol: :lol: Yeah, right, multi-millionaire athlete without access to a fancy chemist. But he has access to Marion Jones's dope supplier.
http://www.sorrybrosports.com/2011/11/u ... coach.html
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

cic old boy wrote:"When people ask me about Bolt I say he could be the greatest athlete of all time. But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don't question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you're a fool. Period."

Oboy, you should see the 200m semi-finals yesterday. The Jamaican were practically walking to the finish line in each group because they were so far ahead of the rest of the field. In one race the Jamaican runner practically stopped and started urging the Holad guy busting his azz to come in first. It was pathetic! There is no way in hell they are all this fast all of a sudden.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

1naija wrote: Oboy, you should see the 200m semi-finals yesterday. The Jamaican were practically walking to the finish line in each group because they were so far ahead of the rest of the field. In one race the Jamaican runner practically stopped and started urging the Holad guy busting his azz to come in first. It was pathetic! There is no way in hell they are all this fast all of a sudden.
It's the yam, green banana, ackee and saltfish, washed down with Red Stripe beer, that make then run so fast.
phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

Doping is a part of sports in general. Baseball, cycling, football, soccer, track and field, boxing, mma, etc. The list goes on and on. When the difference between 1st and 2nd is potentially millions of dollars, you can bet there are very well funded systems in place to ensure that a sponsored athlete gets a significant edge over their competitors. I'm not going to point fingers and say who and who is doping, but the fact that people like Marion Jones are out there who beat tests time and time again should be slightly worrying.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

people are still hating, Bolt must be one of the world most tested athletes, they must surely test him for everything under this planet, soon they will ban yams from his diet citing that it gives jamaicans an unfair advantage, if he is taking drugs, no doubt, he will be caught one day and the shame will be so bad, he will simply vanish from the face of the earth!!

Marko
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Who gives a rat!! Nigerians should go and dope too instead of disgracing us , wetin concern agbero with over load .. Rat race world ... Make we enjoy the glory for the moment , instead of the depression wan them dey give us Nigerians .
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

marko wrote:people are still hating, Bolt must be one of the world most tested athletes, they must surely test him for everything under this planet, soon they will ban yams from his diet citing that it gives jamaicans an unfair advantage, if he is taking drugs, no doubt, he will be caught one day and the shame will be so bad, he will simply vanish from the face of the earth!!
Don't mind these jealous individuals, instead of fighting the system that is impeding their own athletes from competing favorably with others they are here concocting rumors and propounding hopeless theories.

I don't know how any right thinking human being would think that Usain Bolt with all the controversies sorrounding athletes had not been tested if not at all the most tested for juice. :???: :oops:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marko wrote:people are still hating, Bolt must be one of the world most tested athletes, they must surely test him for everything under this planet, soon they will ban yams from his diet citing that it gives jamaicans an unfair advantage, if he is taking drugs, no doubt, he will be caught one day and the shame will be so bad, he will simply vanish from the face of the earth!!

upon all the new yam festival we dey do, why the thing no dey work for our sprinters?

abeg make una leave Bolt alone jo.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Carl Lewis is a disgrace... I am surprised he wasn't tested enough back in the days... What a bloody joker.

cic old boy wrote:"When people ask me about Bolt I say he could be the greatest athlete of all time. But for someone to run 10.03 one year and 9.69 the next, if you don't question that in a sport that has the reputation it has right now, you're a fool. Period."
Soldier of Fortune...
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

Quit the hating. Naija could excel in track and field as well, if the politricksters stop looting and actually paid attention to human and sports development.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Clueless people talking rubbish is part of the territory here. “Usain Bolt is the most tested athlete”. What does that rubbish mean? He is tested at major events, but every athlete on the juice knows you stop taking it in the lead up to major events and take masking agents to wash it out of your system. The time to catch drug cheats is when they are training. This is when they take the stuff that helps them build up the power that makes them explosive. You need independent testers who visit athletes at home or at their training HQs and not clowns from the country’s federation who are in on the cheating.

Part of the suspicions around Bolt result from different drug-testing standards in the Caribbean. While Jamaica’s team doctor is a member of track’s governing body’s anti-doping commission, Jamaica and other Caribbean islands don’t have an independent anti-doping federation like the United States Anti-Doping Association.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/ol ... story.html