ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NIGERIA'S FINAL MEDAL COUNT

Post by ohenhen1 »

soothsayer wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
return2k2 wrote:
Naijakid wrote:what were you expecting from a population 180 million hordes of talentless beer-bellied/loud-mouthed losers? Nigeria is so talentless and useless!
That's not true. I can't believe you said that. :atc: :ohmy:

He is a midget from Ghanaweb.
Stop stereotyping guys... not everyone is like that!!!!

Only midgets from Ghanaweb that come here to start trouble.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

Chingo Bling wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Those expecting medals are don't who don't follow sports. They appear every 4years and expect a miracle. To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.
To be fair many of these athletes came out to say they were ready and well prepared to win medals.
Nigerians always talk like that before a competition :lol:

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chingo Bling wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Those expecting medals are don't who don't follow sports. They appear every 4years and expect a miracle. To fail to prepare is to prepare to fail.
To be fair many of these athletes came out to say they were ready and well prepared to win medals.
What do you expect the athletes to say?

On Blessing, I stated before that she will get burnt out. She was running to win those leagues for money while others are using it to train. Usual with our athletes.

Seriously, if you follow sports and the Nigeria team especially, you will know that we are not ready for such a big event. If it was all Africa games, maybe. But the best in the world no chance.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

[/video]
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

did any athlete from a west African country win a medal? even Botswana and Gabon collected medals :taunt:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

West Africa is not good at sports.

x
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

General Trousers wrote:West Africa is not good at sports.

x
West African disorganization gene.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Riversboy wrote:
General Trousers wrote:West Africa is not good at sports.

x
West African disorganization gene.

RB.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

160 million fast twitching muscles and alpha-actinin skeletal muscle isoform 3 genes and what do we get

0 Gold 0 Silver 0 Bronze

kai!!!
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

So, what are we all going to do about this no show at the Olympics?? Forget 2012, operation 2016 begins in earnest, non?
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

akamoke wrote:So, what are we all going to do about this no show at the Olympics?? Forget 2012, operation 2016 begins in earnest, non?
First port of call......the athletes. I'm going on their individual facebook pages to give them a piece of my mind......especially that of Seun Adigun! Most of them probably won't respond, but I know (from her past history on Facebook) that Okagbare will most likely insult me. :roll:

Secondly, I'm going to go on Innocent Egunike's page (he is now part of the 'establishment' these days) and raise a few issues with him.

Not even one bronze medal......kai! :oops:
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

AreaDaddy wrote:160 million fast twitching muscles and alpha-actinin skeletal muscle isoform 3 genes and what do we get

0 Gold 0 Silver 0 Bronze

kai!!!
Just like Seoul 1988, Moscow 1980. :mad: :mad:
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Babafad wrote:
akamoke wrote:So, what are we all going to do about this no show at the Olympics?? Forget 2012, operation 2016 begins in earnest, non?
First port of call......the athletes. I'm going on their individual facebook pages to give them a piece of my mind......especially that of Seun Adigun! Most of them probably won't respond, but I know (from her past history on Facebook) that Okagbare will most likely insult me. :roll:

Secondly, I'm going to go on Innocent Egunike's page (he is now part of the 'establishment' these days) and raise a few issues with him.

Not even one bronze medal......kai! :oops:
Its a start, one word of advice though, positive criticism laced with suggestions on way forward will go further and will likely make you avoid Okagbare's possible insults :)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Blessing ran faster at the olympics than she had ever done at any other point in her life..how much more did you want her to do? did you see the winning times for the women's 100m ? They could have run that race 25 times, and she still would not have won a medal.. For those of you blaming the government, you may want to google for how much the US government is involved in preparing athletes.
Babafad wrote:
tfco wrote:
akamoke wrote:The medal count may end up zero but I am proud of our athletes as they remain Olympians. The shame goes to the Nigerian olympic committee, the Nigerian government and we the so called supporters for not giving these guys a time of day and for not supporting them over the four years. The Nigerian support at the games itself was less than adequate
why do you shame the fans?

It's been mentioned here that OG tickets were impossible to get
tfco, Akamoke is simply blowing smoke up his own azz.

Whilst the government does shoulder a lot of of the blame for what went wrong in London, the athletes can't be absolved of all blame for the pathetic performances they put in.

Take Blessing Okagbare example.......what could the government and/or the fans have done to help her?? In the build up to the Olympics, she was beating the likes of Carmelita Jetter and co for fun. When push came to shove, she couldn't up her game.....PERIOD!

What could the Nigerian government and/or the fans have done to help Okagbare execute a proper baton handover during the 4x100 relay? During both the semi final and final it was Okagbare who messed up the exchnage between herself and her compatriot.......not the government and most certainly not the fans.

Seun Adigun, despite all the time she spent on both Facebook and Twitter before the Olympics, telling anyone who cared to read her entries, that she was FULLY PREPARED and ready to DELIVER, she came up short......pathetically short.

Yes, the government has a lot to answer for......but the bottom line is that those of our athletes who had access to some of the best training facilities in the world, like Okagbare, Adigun, Odumosu & Asumnu failed to deliver.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

If you really want to DO something, lets talk
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

nanijoe wrote:Blessing ran faster at the olympics than she had ever done at any other point in her life..how much more did you want her to do? did you see the winning times for the women's 100m ? They could have run that race 25 times, and she still would not have won a medal.. For those of you blaming the government, you may want to google for how much the US government is involved in preparing athletes.
Any hope for a medal in the 100m was just that. Blessing and Naija best bet was in the Long Jump which sadly turned out badly. Her winning jump at the African Championship in June was good enough for Bronze at London 2012 Olympics.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Again, another BIG FAT disgrace...when you live on lies, deception, indolence and utterly corrupt, this is how far you get...that's Nigeria for you.
This is very serious that a country of over 150 million black souls could not even muster a bronze medal....KAI!!!!!
Nigeria/Nigerians don't have a clue how to go about doing the simple things right.
We don't even know how to look ourselves in the mirror and begin corrective measures.
Last edited by Mudi E on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Did y'all see the Nigerian athlete dancing to 'You're Beautiful' with 2 Nigerian flags on his cap? :lol:
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Mudi E wrote:Again, another BIG FAT disgrace...when you live on lies, deception, insolence and utterly corrupt, this is how far you get...that's Nigeria for you.
This is very serious that a country of over 150 million black souls could not even muster a bronze medal....KAI!!!!!
Nigeria/Nigerians don't have a clue how to go about doing the simple things right.
"We tried, sha."
-Simpli fy -
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

To me it is completely unbelievable that a nation of 150 million of some of the most genetically gifted people on earth could not even muster a single medal in the year 2012. It's a crying shame.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Mudi E wrote:Again, another BIG FAT disgrace...when you live on lies, deception, insolence and utterly corrupt, this is how far you get...that's Nigeria for you.
"We tried, sha."
we came 4th
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Heliopolis wrote:To me it is completely unbelievable that a nation of 150 million of some of the most genetically gifted people on earth could not even muster a single medal in the year 2012. It's a crying shame.
It is more than a national embarrassment. The magnitude of the embarrassment is in the stratosphere. Funny enough this will blow over and it will be business as usual again. There's no national will or motivation to do things well..no planning..nothing. Come Rio de Jeneiro in 2016, it will be business as usual.
As I said earlier, the people that live on lies, deceit and indolence, this is what they deserve.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions