diving.how is this a sport?

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
diving.how is this a sport?

Post by smartbrother »

also are any of these guys straight? that said much credit to daly for taking bronze
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: diving.how is this a sport?

Post by Oba »

Come on smartbrother! Have you ever tried diving? It's a sport and requires skill.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:Come on smartbrother! Have you ever tried diving? It's a sport and requires skill.
what skill? personal grooming? they look like get all their exercise dancing under a disco ball. Boxing. thats a sport
Last edited by smartbrother on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

What about artistic gymnastics? :lol:
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:Come on smartbrother! Have you ever tried diving? It's a sport and requires skill.
Dancing also requires skills, but it is not a sport
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Vincent. wrote:
Good come back :D

Oba i'm sure its very difficult but i don't see the sporting aspect of it
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
Good come back :D

Oba i'm sure its very difficult but i don't see the sporting aspect of it
They should send all these nonsense sports to the winter olympics...and leave the real sports in the Summer olympics.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
tippy
Egg
Egg

Post by tippy »

don't be ridiculous. it makes me laugh how some people are feting being able to run fast in a straight line ffs.

try hitting the water at that speed and tell me its not a sport.

they should bounce all sports that a 3 year old could do blindfolded from the summer olympics :tic:
My usual reaction after most Arsenal games: "lol, f*** Arsenal."
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Nan the sport with horse they bother me, will the allow Nigerian to do equestrian with malu
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

In my opinion events that only have a few countries participating in it, should not be an Olympic sport. Diving should be dropped from the Olympics.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

ohenhen1 wrote:In my opinion events that only have a few countries participating in it, should not be an Olympic sport. Diving should be dropped from the Olympics.

So you think only a few countries take part in those sports?
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Vincent. wrote:
4I9 requires skills as well. :taunt:
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Guv007 wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
4I9 requires skills as well. :taunt:
4I9 should be a sport.

They should have various categories as well.

Nigeria would win 7 Gold, 2 Silver & 1 Bronze.

Some of the events could be "The Nigerian Prince" "Show & Tell" "Identity Fraud" "Maryam Abacha" "Nigerian Prince relay" "Seduction"
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Raptor
Egg
Egg

Post by Raptor »

The problem is we might not even be good at that once it becomes an olympic "sport". Corrupt govt officials will steal the funding necessary to succeed and other countries would therefore be able to steal our best "athletes". :lol:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Raptor wrote:The problem is we might not even be good at that once it becomes an olympic "sport". Corrupt govt officials will steal the funding necessary to succeed and other countries would therefore be able to steal our best "athletes". :lol:
Seun Aboshokoto laments the state of 4I9 in Nigeria
"Those days, we used to do yahoo yahoo in the morning, in the afternoon, even in the evening, now we have not qualified for most events. The laptops have not arrived, the internet connection is not there, we have to use mtn mobile phone to train for the events, it is a sorry sight. Now even Oyibo pipul wey we suppose call maga, dey hustle us small. The thing don tire our athletes. Even when we hammer sef, dem go thief the money"
Abama Barracks speaks about the changing game
"No be even computer sef wey dey worry us, Oyibo pipul sef don programme machine for hammer. 50,60 people dem dey wire effryday, sotey our own don finish, nah raw talents wey we get, Oyibo don perfect this thing, dem no find control number, nah the machine we go use algorhythmic, abi wetin dem call am sef? Abeg make una tell awon oga pata pata, make dem find some money, make we chop small"
Dogonyaro Barawo Jnr comments on the connection issues
"It is not good at all, at all. I was even lucky, I was beating that russian boy, Dimitri. I trick one oyibo woman, she was sending me the details, I was good for the bronze medal, when all hellfire broke loose. Nepa take light, the thing sef dey confuse me. How nepa fit take light for Rio, when na the same light wey all the boys dey use. I just found out that the delegates who outnumber the athletes 10 to 1 were overloading on the supply and using it for internet shopping. So that was a missed opportunity. The Russian got the Bronze and I was disqualified. Anyway we give God the glory"
Raptor
Egg
Egg

Post by Raptor »

Tbite wrote:
Raptor wrote:The problem is we might not even be good at that once it becomes an olympic "sport". Corrupt govt officials will steal the funding necessary to succeed and other countries would therefore be able to steal our best "athletes". :lol:
Seun Aboshokoto laments the state of 4I9 in Nigeria
"Those days, we used to do yahoo yahoo in the morning, in the afternoon, even in the evening, now we have not qualified for most events. The laptops have not arrived, the internet connection is not there, we have to use mtn mobile phone to train for the events, it is a sorry sight. Now even Oyibo pipul wey we suppose call maga, dey hustle us small. The thing don tire our athletes. Even when we hammer sef, dem go thief the money"
Abama Barracks speaks about the changing game
"No be even computer sef wey dey worry us, Oyibo pipul sef don programme machine for hammer. 50,60 people dem dey wire effryday, sotey our own don finish, nah raw talents wey we get, Oyibo don perfect this thing, dem no find control number, nah the machine we go use algorhythmic, abi wetin dem call am sef? Abeg make una tell awon oga pata pata, make dem find some money, make we chop small"
Dogonyaro Barawo Jnr comments on the connection issues
"It is not good at all, at all. I was even lucky, I was beating that russian boy, Dimitri. I trick one oyibo woman, she was sending me the details, I was good for the bronze medal, when all hellfire broke loose. Nepa take light, the thing sef dey confuse me. How nepa fit take light for Rio, when na the same light wey all the boys dey use. I just found out that the delegates who outnumber the athletes 10 to 1 were overloading on the supply and using it for internet shopping. So that was a missed opportunity. The Russian got the Bronze and I was disqualified. Anyway we give God the glory"

:lol:
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Vincent. wrote:
Dancing is a sport.
There are championships in many disciplines e.g. 10 dance, ballroom, rhythm, latin,smooth etc.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

ohenhen1 wrote:In my opinion events that only have a few countries participating in it, should not be an Olympic sport. Diving should be dropped from the Olympics.
...not if those countries are in-charge and has voting powers at IOC, diplomatic powers, even military power if u try any shiit. Go see the UN.
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Nigerians complaining cause they not good at any sports. :lol:
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

My rule of thumb is that all sports that require judges for points scoring are suspect at the Olympics.

By the way, this includes wrestling and boxing. Boxing is saved because the judges are merely deciding if there was contact or not, and the amount of points awarded for said contact are fixed and objective. However, if they bring the professional 10-point scoring system to the Olympics as they are threatening to do, I would be yelling for boxing to be removed.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

realtrouble wrote:Nan the sport with horse they bother me, will the allow Nigerian to do equestrian with malu
to me the horse deserves the medal.
Eaglet
Eaglet

that should be automatic gold for us
Eaglet
Eaglet

I think they should ban so called sports that require judge scoring. i.e where the viewer doesn't even know the score until the judges post them,