Olympic closing ceremony

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

JuJuMan
Egg
Egg
Olympic closing ceremony

Post by JuJuMan »

Seems like the Brits have decided to have another private party, bonkers UK-centric references that the rest of the world wont even understand :rotf:
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
akamoke
Re: Olympic closing ceremony

Post by akamoke »

It's their show
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Some Nigerians no get shame.......kai! :oops:

One of our athletes, I think a Basketballer......due to his height, was dancing and jumping up and down in front of one of the cameras. One would have thought that our athletes would have a maintained a low profile, considering the shame they brought on the nation. :roll:

Even Grenada won a medal! :oops:
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

Babafad wrote:Some Nigerians no get shame.......kai! :oops:

One of our athletes, I think a Basketballer......due to his height, was dancing and jumping up and down in front of one of the cameras. One would have thought that our athletes would have a maintained a low profile, considering the shame they brought on the nation. :roll:

:rotf: :rotf:
Ian Wright- "When Arsene came to Arsenal he took complete control of our diets. We were allowed no salt, no fat and no sugar, in the end you wanted to play a team like Milwall so that someone would throw a banana at you just so you could have something to eat."
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

nice concert :sleep: :twisted:

worth £1,500?
JuJuMan
Egg
Egg

Post by JuJuMan »

Well naija finally made it to the olympic limelight through Tine and Taio Cruz
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

JuJuMan wrote:

:rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Brazil will be sweet o! I will try my best to be there.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

JuJuMan wrote:Well naija finally made it to the olympic limelight through Tine and Taio Cruz
Abeg lets stop claiming these guys who dont want anything to do with us. Lets fix our homeland such that we dont have to beg folks to be Nigerian
visit the village square
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Vincent. wrote:Brazil will be sweet o! I will try my best to be there.
fo' shizzle
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

K wrote:
JuJuMan wrote:Well naija finally made it to the olympic limelight through Tine and Taio Cruz
Abeg lets stop claiming these guys who dont want anything to do with us. Lets fix our homeland such that we dont have to beg folks to be Nigerian
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Dodo wrote:
Vincent. wrote:Brazil will be sweet o! I will try my best to be there.
fo' shizzle

Lets hope the tickets are not overly expensive and the NOC do a better job of supporting
our athletes before the event...
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

akamoke wrote:It's their show
:agree:
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Why should they feel shame? Some athletes bettered their personal bests. Winning isnt everything.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Cristao II wrote:

Why should they feel shame? Some athletes bettered their personal bests. Winning isnt everything.
:roll:

I agree.......na so person wey fail exam dey talk.
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Babafad wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

No it is how someone who sees a silver lining in every cloud talks.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Babafad wrote:
Cristao II wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

What shame did they bring the nation? It takes a lot of self discipline to get in shape, stay in shape and compete to make the Olympic talk less winning a medal in Basketball so he has every right to enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I loved it especially the closing acts which featured Brazilian performances.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Why should he be ashamed, he competed at the Olympics, thats something to celebrate, especially as that is the true spirit of the Olympics, abeg dance on jare....;)
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

1naija wrote:

What shame did they bring the nation? It takes a lot of self discipline to get in shape, stay in shape and compete to make the Olympic talk less winning a medal in Basketball so he has every right to enjoy this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Eh? Are you trying to tell Babafad something? :ohmy:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ...Nothing wrong with Olumide Oyedeji enjoying his historic feat...
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."