Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Vs Brazil

Post by wanaj0 »

59 vs 75!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

guys have lost it completely, ball handling skills are none existent, movement , lets not even talk about that
F360
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA VS BRAZIL

Post by F360 »

They've fallen apart in the 4th quarter.

I think they gave all they had.

--------------------------------------------
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Our players are too short.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

62 vs 75
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

64 vs 75
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

64 vs 78

Gulf in class!

Nene just dey use us play :)
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

64 vs 80
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

64 vs 84
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

66 vs 84

Just going through the motions now.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Nigeria should not be losing by 20 points. When it comes to sports, we seem to be mentally fickle.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

69 vs 86

FT
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Dr. Wazobia wrote:Nigeria should not be losing by 20 points. When it comes to sports, we seem to be mentally fickle.
Very POOR 4th quarter. Not a disciplined performance

That said, the GULF in class was obvious. Nene was just too good for us to handle. We suppose 'injure' am :tic:

We need to work on our rebounds.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

anyway, they tried their best, as others have commented, not really a team, just a collection of guys playing together. Did the nation proud against Croatia, Spain and Lithuania, not sure what happened today, they could do better, should have been closer, the perimeter shooting was off today, Champ has been cold the last two games and the rest didn't step up. do we now playing the last team in the other group for final placings? Not sure if that's done in bball at the olympics

just look at rebounding, defensive Nigeria rebounding 24, Brasil picked up 20 offensive rebounds
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

wanaj0 wrote:
Dr. Wazobia wrote:Nigeria should not be losing by 20 points. When it comes to sports, we seem to be mentally fickle.

That said, the GULF in class was obvious. Nene was just too good for us to handle. We suppose 'injure' am :tic:

Bro, the number of turnovers in the 4th quarter was laughable. It was like watching those bums who used to 'compete' against the Harlem Globetrotters.

The commentators even inferred that the scoreline did not reflect Nigeria''s quality. The guys were not there today and just did not execute their plans...
Last edited by Dr. Wazobia on Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

F360 wrote:Horrible terrible turnovers.
Worse for me is giving up so many 2nd shot opportunities. No one hustling for the ball to get rebounds, instead just assuming the rebounds will go to whomever is close.
2nd shot? Dude at one point I counted like 4th shot opportunity.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

F360 wrote:They've fallen apart in the 4th quarter.

Yeah I think so too. The game to have won was Lithuania.

I hope they build on this. Hopefully the coaching crew is retained so he can develop a long term program. In just over a year he's done very well. Maybe he can start working on recruiting other eligibles.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

wanaj0 wrote:

You and your yeye "gulf in class" ?? :biggrin: :biggrin: Yes, there is a gulf in class vs the USA, but not agaisnt these Brazilians... There was no gulf in class vs Brazil.. they are a beatable team.

Like i keep saying , its the coaching.... He had nothing for the team in the 4th Quarter...Ere shouldn't be on the team talk less of being there in the 4th quarter...

JACKAL
Egg
Egg

Post by JACKAL »

theYemster wrote:

I hope they build on this. Hopefully the coaching crew is retained so he can develop a long term program. In just over a year he's done very well. Maybe he can start working on recruiting other eligibles.
With a better coach.. they would have won vs Luthuinia, Spain, Brazil..

add With Farouk and the other guy missing (our 2 best players), they would have beaten everyone in this group...
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Solowe wrote:
theYemster wrote:

With a better coach.. they would have won vs Luthuinia, Spain, Brazil..

add With Farouk and the other guy missing (our 2 best players), they would have beaten everyone in this group...
Abeg lets not import our stupid short-sighted shoot-st-sight soccer culture into basketball. Coaching was good. We just didnt execute well. We have a solid foundation to build on. Proud of the boys!!
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Tough loss, guys didn't bring it, and Nene proved why we needed a 7 footer on the squad.
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Player wrote:Tough loss, guys didn't bring it, and Nene proved why we needed a 7 footer on the squad.
Ike Diogu did not have a good tournament, despite his high scores. Out low post game was non-existent.
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

theYemster wrote:
F360 wrote:Horrible terrible turnovers.
Worse for me is giving up so many 2nd shot opportunities. No one hustling for the ball to get rebounds, instead just assuming the rebounds will go to whomever is close.
2nd shot? Dude at one point I counted like 4th shot opportunity.

Lol bro I didn't even want to mention that but I saw that on a number of possessions in the 4th qtr too. That and the turnovers were the most annoying part of the game.

--------------------------------------------