Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Women 4 x 100M relay.

Post by 1naija »

O boy! Nigeria. SMH

The lady that ran the third leg put us at a huge disadvantage. Either that or the last leg lady took off way too early.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Women 4 x 100M relay.

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Jamo a d the united states. ...it is clear as daylight, they dope...juice etc , whatever you want to call it..i do not respect this sport anymore
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

dead last
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

1naija wrote:O boy! Nigeria. SMH

The lady that ran the third leg put us at a huge disadvantage. Either that or the last leg lady took off way too early.
i think she took off early
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kai, Naija is slacking as a country. See even Ukraine dem dey beat us. For the men, see China and Japan for final, and we are nowhere. meanwhile vagabonds in Nigeria are competing in chopping money
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

kai...Japan don beat Yankee.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

After watching this race, I am now convinced that some of our athletes want to Rio intent on embarrassing Nigeria. None, and I repeat, none of our track and field athletes managed to improve on his or her qualifying time. As for Blessing Okagbare, I thank her for her services but God knows she could have shown a little more heart :!:

Cheers
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:kai...Japan don beat Yankee.
Can you imagine? Naija eh....mmscheww :-x :-x
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:After watching this race, I am now convinced that some of our athletes want to Rio intent on embarrassing Nigeria. None, and I repeat, none of our track and field athletes managed to improve on his or her qualifying time. As for Blessing Okagbare, I thank her for her services but God knows she could have shown a little more heart :!:

Cheers
You cannot blame dem.....blame the sports ministry
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: dem don disqualify usa :rotf:
SuperEagles

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:After watching this race, I am now convinced that some of our athletes want to Rio intent on embarrassing Nigeria. None, and I repeat, none of our track and field athletes managed to improve on his or her qualifying time. As for Blessing Okagbare, I thank her for her services but God knows she could have shown a little more heart :!:

Cheers
O boy, that excuse is getting old. Kenya's sports ministry isn't that much better than Nigeria's but we know what Kenya has done in long distance track over the years and now, the current javelin world chat is a Kenyan who taught himself the javelin throw by watching javelin throwers on the internet. He will probably win a gold medal while his Nigerian counterparts are finishing dead last in their heats and blaming the sports ministry. Abeg nonsense. I don taya, jo :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers
O boy, that excuse is getting old. Kenya's sports ministry isn't that much better than Nigeria's but we know what Kenya has done in long distance track over the years and now, the current javelin world chat is a Kenyan who taught himself the javelin throw by watching javelin throwers on the internet. He will probably win a gold medal while his Nigerian counterparts are finishing dead last in their heats and blaming the sports ministry. Abeg nonsense. I don taya, jo :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers

I beg thank u jo. Sure Ethiopia is nothing to write about either. They should b able to rise above those mediocre standards and setbacks. I mean, da soccer team did not let that stop them from reaching the semis. This is a forgettable games.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I have no complaints whatsoever about the results of our Olympics participants and it's disingenuous to sit behind a computer and just lament that the participants went to Olympics to disgrace Nigeria. I'm. Sorry they represented and did their best. If you want medals then you develop the sport. If you are angry about our medal count so far then get galvanised to make a change
Don't just come here every 4 yrs to claim Nigeria got disgraced. That is your own insecurity perhaps buoyed by the lack of opportunity to brag to your friends from other countries. For me these athletes are patriots who gave their best in a tournament where giving your best is celebrated not scorned. I say Thank you to those who decided to Don the jerseys for A nation that does not invest in them. Please don't say Ethiopia or Kenya because if they are successful despite disorganisation it doesn't mean we should accept disorganisation. God bless ALL the athletes jare.
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Man Ataye wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Cheers

I beg thank u jo. Sure Ethiopia is nothing to write about either. They should b able to rise above those mediocre standards and setbacks. I mean, da soccer team did not let that stop them from reaching the semis. This is a forgettable games.
A few Nigerian athletes made the semis and in fact the subjects of this thread made it to the finals but just met a field of better athletes . It's easy to lambasted the athletes but I would say by reaching the finals they gave their best but it wasn't good enough. Ergo we were not good enough to medal...but good enough to be top 8 in the world of female relays
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Kpondo ... We were carrying firewood running here and there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

akamoke wrote:I have no complaints whatsoever about the results of our Olympics participants and it's disingenuous to sit behind a computer and just lament that the participants went to Olympics to disgrace Nigeria. I'm. Sorry they represented and did their best. If you want medals then you develop the sport. If you are angry about our medal count so far then get galvanised to make a change
Don't just come here every 4 yrs to claim Nigeria got disgraced. That is your own insecurity perhaps buoyed by the lack of opportunity to brag to your friends from other countries. For me these athletes are patriots who gave their best in a tournament where giving your best is celebrated not scorned. I say Thank you to those who decided to Don the jerseys for A nation that does not invest in them. Please don't say Ethiopia or Kenya because if they are successful despite disorganisation it doesn't mean we should accept disorganisation. God bless ALL the athletes jare.

very well-said. I salute ALL the athletes.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
akamoke wrote:I have no complaints whatsoever about the results of our Olympics participants and it's disingenuous to sit behind a computer and just lament that the participants went to Olympics to disgrace Nigeria. I'm. Sorry they represented and did their best. If you want medals then you develop the sport. If you are angry about our medal count so far then get galvanised to make a change

very well-said. I salute ALL the athletes.
CE no get athletes? Or na only to make mouth? No so medals dey easy?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

You guys underestimate the impact of the change of government and the slowness in appropriating and releasing of funds. You need to listen to some if not all of the athletes to hear about their tale of woe.

The Olympics is simply another reflection of how things are in Naijaria.

You reap exactly what you sow. No amount of prayers and wishing for medals will make it happen.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Cellular wrote:You guys underestimate the impact of the change of government and the slowness in appropriating and releasing of funds. You need to listen to some if not all of the athletes to hear about their tale of woe.

The Olympics is simply another reflection of how things are in Naijaria.

You reap exactly what you sow. No amount of prayers and wishing for medals will make it happen.
Cellular The way we used to win medals previously was to bring together our elites athletes and get them train under boxing coaches from Cuba and weight lifting coaches from Easter Europe. Tell me what happened to all the ones we used money to train in the past? Where is there boxing gym? Where is there athletics club? We love to blame government we need to look within ourselves
Oya back to the matter
open and close
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

It seems that any Nigerian athlete who shows any promise immediately defects to another country
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

for once BP is right... English Gardner looks like she's on something.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

King Futcha wrote:for once BP is right... English Gardner looks like she's on something.

because of her eyes? :shock: :shock: :shock: Na so dem be o
AFCON 2019 sweet o